All leader portraits

I mean is it the same picture? If it is maybe this is their way to respond us for our confusion of the accuracy of the leaking civ list.

No, it's a different picture, but the same leader.

I mean is it the same picture? If it is maybe this is their way to respond us for our confusion of the accuracy of the leaking civ list.

I suggested this picture a day ago, but Arioch disagreed, and when I compared, I realised it was not a fit.

I agree, unless the recoloured the background, it's not the image on the wall. That one clearly does not have a white background.

You guys almost mentioned 'Goguryeo' but my opinion is different. before unification, 3 state there are in Ancient Korean peninsula. about Modern historical argument with Korea and China, Goguryeo is hot topic what can make fight..

So in other all things considered possible, the best nominees is 'later Goguryeo of Gung Ye' and 'Goryeo of Wang Geon(or other kings of Goryeo)'. As you know, Wang Geon is already appeared with CIV4. but this time i think Gung Ye is better then Wang Geon because he is most individual leader of Korean history. Not only history but also in people's mind Gung Ye is well known king due to drama Taejo Wang Geon.

He is substantive foundation of Goryeo dynasty. Wang geon was his vassal but he made a military coup. After Wang geon get power, he Unify 3 state(Silla, Later Baekje of Gyeon Hwon and Later Goguryeo of Gung Ye) with several war and peaceful subjection.

Gung Ye's position look like Oda Nobunaga. he form the base of unity of Korea but got betrayed by subordinate and met tragical end. different with Oda, he rule the his kingdom based on Buddhist way of thinking so he try to save the people. However, evening of his life in historical record, he be crazy and kill everyone with groundless magical view called 'guan sim beob(mean way of penetrate people's mind)'...

but you should to know, historical record made when after he died and people who go against Gung Ye get power.

and attach some files and link for help compare with B5 images. http://i.imgur.com/5SXEg5u.jpg
https://youtu.be/HcTVLcNc-lw?t=254
their source is 'KBS(Korean Broadcasting System), drama Taejo Wang Geon episode 80'

add three.
1. Later Goguryeo called actually 'Goguryeo'. just history scholars named for easier division with Ancient Goguryeo.

2. Like 1, Goguryeo and Goryeo(motive of Korea. same pronounce) is same case. So you can see 3 different state but same name(Gogureyo=Goryeo=Late Gagureyo). another case is 'Old Joseon' and 'Joseon'

3. But this theory is related to Korean Nationalism History. other people can say wrong but in Korea, almost people accept like that.

If Korea's in it, it'll be under K for Korea, not under G. End of story. They've already had Korea in the Civ Series, it would be odd for it to be known as something else.

You guys almost mentioned 'Goguryeo' but my opinion is different.

Almost mentioned? It was
mentioned!

before unification, 3 state there are in Ancient Korean peninsula. about Modern historical argument with Korea and China, Goguryeo is hot topic what can make fight..

You might want to rephrase that; I am not quite sure what you are saying.

So in other all things considered possible, the best nominees is 'later Goguryeo of Gung Ye' and 'Goryeo of Wang Geon(or other kings of Goryeo)'. As you know, Wang Geon is already appeared with CIV4. but this time i think Gung Ye is better then Wang Geon because he is most individual leader of Korean history. Not only history but also in people's mind Gung Ye is well known king due to drama Taejo Wang Geon.

People were already telling me that 'Goguryeo' was an unlikely name for a civ, but 'Later Goguryeo' sounds like a very unlikely name for a civ. And that is not an alphabetical fit for B5 anyway.

He is substantive foundation of Goryeo dynasty. Wang geon was his vassal but he made a military coup. After Wang geon get power, he Unify 3 state(Silla, Later Baekje of Gyeon Hwon and Later Goguryeo of Gung Ye) with several war and peaceful subjection.

Gung Ye's position look like Oda Nobunaga. he form the base of unity of Korea but got betrayed by subordinate and met tragical end. different with Oda, he rule the his kingdom based on Buddhist way of thinking so he try to save the people. However, evening of his life in historical record, he be crazy and kill everyone with groundless magical view called 'guan sim beob(mean way of penetrate people's mind)'...

but you should to know, historical record made when after he died and people who go against Gung Ye get power.

and attach some files and link for help compare with B5 images. http://i.imgur.com/5SXEg5u.jpg
https://youtu.be/HcTVLcNc-lw?t=254
their source is 'KBS(Korean Broadcasting System), drama Taejo Wang Geon episode 80'

add three.
1. Later Goguryeo called actually 'Goguryeo'. just history scholars named for easier division with Ancient Goguryeo.

2. Like 1, Goguryeo and Goryeo(motive of Korea. same pronounce) is same case. So you can see 3 different state but same name(Gogureyo=Goryeo=Late Gagureyo). another case is 'Old Joseon' and 'Joseon'

3. But this theory is related to Korean Nationalism History. other people can say wrong but in Korea, almost people accept like that.

None of the pictures you showed for Gung Ye looked like the picture for B5. Gung Ye looks very distinctive. If, as you say, he would be chosen because his TV appearance, then he would likely resemble how he looks in the TV show; Hojo Tokimune's appearance in Civ 6 is based on his appearance in a TV show (http://images.japanesesamuraidvd.com/www.japanesesamuraidvd.com/HojoList.jpg).

I think that under Wang Kon, the Civ would definately be called Korea (which is not an alphabetical fit for B5), not Goryeo. So, I am sure it is not him for B5. Since Goguryeo only contained about half of modern South Korea, but ruled a lot of territory in Manchuria, as well as parts of Russia, it is very distinct from either any Korean kingdom since it, or modern Korea, so it could easily be in the game under a different name.

Also, Goguryeo appears to be much larger than any Korean kingdom since.

If Korea's in it, it'll be under K for Korea, not under G. End of story.

This. Anything else is wishful thinking.

B5 is going to be either:
- An alternate leader for Greece or Germany
- A leader for a plausible Civ that actually fits with the alphabetical order under their most commonly-known name
- Outside chance the alphabetical order could be wrong (but I still don't think it's Georgia :p )

Is this B5?
Spoiler :

Hermann, first patriot of Germany. Aka Arminius, former Roman general. Victor of the infamous Battle of Teutoberg Forest.

This statue of him is actually in Missouri.

I could buy it, if there's a coloured version of that statue. (and it matches colours)

I could buy it, if there's a coloured version of that statue. (and it matches colours)

Really? The picture he posted has completely different facial hair, and no helmet. I realise that the enlarged picture of B5 is not very clear in general, but there is evidently a helmet, and the character appears to have a Fu Manchu style mustache.

Spoiler :

Really? The picture he posted has completely different facial hair, and no helmet. I realise that the enlarged picture of B5 is not very clear in general, but there is evidently a helmet, and the character appears to have a Fu Manchu style mustache.
Spoiler :

So i'll try my debut in this thread then.

Beside it obviously being Tamar of Georgia, you just brought me onto something with the helmet. What if it is a Prussian "Pickelhaube" and it's actually Otto von Bismarck as second german leader?

Spoiler :

There are many different varations of the last pictures. And I'm at work, so I can't really do any magic comparison, but I think it's reasonable for a second german leadr.

This. Anything else is wishful thinking.

B5 is going to be either:
- An alternate leader for Greece or Germany
- A leader for a plausible Civ that actually fits with the alphabetical order under their most commonly-known name
- Outside chance the alphabetical order could be wrong (but I still don't think it's Georgia :p )

As I said 'Since Goguryeo only contained about half of modern South Korea, but ruled a lot of territory in Manchuria, as well as parts of Russia, it is very distinct from either any Korean kingdom since it, or modern Korea, so it could easily be in the game under a different name'. You are entirely incorrect to label it Korea, even if there is a lot of overlap, and Korea has evolved from it. That is like insisting that the Carolingian empire is the same as Germany because it is a large part of German history, and Germany is where its capital was, even though it did not include much of modern Germany, but did include a lot of land in other countries like France. When the Carolingian empire appeared in Civ IV, they called it the Holy Roman Empire, not Germany.

It is not 'wishful thinking' on my part; I have no reason to favour a Korean civ over any other. But the leader looks Asian, and second leaders for Civs are unlikely anyway (I realise some think that E1 is Felipe II, but I highly doubt it). Goguryeo looks, to me, the best fit. Now, I may be wrong about this, but you are wrong to so quickly rule it out as an option, especially when your agruements is that Goguryeo is the same as Korea (when in fact you only need to look at a map to know that that is certainly not the case), and you have come up with no other alternative.

Having Goguryeo as a civ would be an unconventional decision, but look at the choice of Catherine De Medicis to represent the French; an Italian noblewoman who was powerful in France at a time when France had no empire, and was entirely in the shadow of Spain, which was the dominant power in Europe at the time, with one of the largest empires in history. De Medicis is unknown outside France, and not popular in it.

Let's be fair, no way we will ever have Goguryeo in the game apart of Korea, especially since it's ruler was korean leader in Civ4 :crazyeye:

If Korea's in it, it'll be under K for Korea, not under G. End of story. They've already had Korea in the Civ Series, it would be odd for it to be known as something else.

Yes, they have already had Korea in civ games, but Goguryeo is not the same! It would not be including the same Civ under a different name. That is like insisting that the Carolingian empire is the same as Germany because it is a large part of German history, and that is where its capital was, even though it did not include much of modern Germany, but did include a lot of land in other countries like France. When the Carolingian empire appeared in Civ IV, they called it the Holy Roman Empire, not Germany.

Spoiler :

The guesses by some that there will be alternate leaders seems to cloud the picture. Where would we be if we assume that there will be only one leader per civ on October 21st??

Let's be fair, no way we will ever have Goguryeo in the game apart of Korea, especially since it's ruler was korean leader in Civ4 :crazyeye:

No, Wang Kong ruled over the land which is now modern north and south Korea, and nothing outiside it. Not the same as Goguryeo under leader such as Gwanggaeto, who as I have pointed out continually, had an empire significantly larger than modern Korea, even though he did not rule about half of modern South Korea.

No, Wang Kong ruled over the land which is now modern north and south Korea, and nothing outiside it. Not the same as Goguryeo under leader such as Gwanggaeto, who as I have pointed out continually, had an empire significantly larger than modern Korea, even though he did not rule about half of modern South Korea.

The fact that Goguryeo ruled over a piece of Manchuria doesn't really change the fact it was still a korean kingdom that just owned a part of manchurian lands. Really though, we are not going to see Goguryeo in the game apart of Korea. Definitely not before Korea itself :crazyeye:

The fact that Goguryeo ruled over a piece of Manchuria doesn't really change the fact it was still a korean kingdom that just owned a part of manchurian lands. Really though, we are not going to see Goguryeo in the game apart of Korea. Definitely not before Korea itself :crazyeye:

But Goguryeo was a lot larger than Korea itself, and Korean players might actually welcome the change; it would give them some variety.

But Goguryeo was a lot larger than Korea itself, and Korean players might actually welcome the change; it would give them some variety.

So was USSR bigger than Russia and Britain bigger than England, but they will always be rightfully treated as parts of histories of Russia and England respectively. Like we are not going to see different chinese dynasties, we are not going to see different korean kingdoms. It's counter productive really. Why have only a piece of korean history, when you can have the whole Korea, representing it throughout it's history? Bottom line, I don't think we will have Goguryeo apart of Korea proper. (geez, I wrote word "history" a lot :lol:)

So was USSR bigger than Russia and Britain bigger than England, but they will always be rightfully treated as parts of histories of Russia and England respectively. Like we are not going to see different chinese dynasties, we are not going to see different korean kingdoms. It's counter productive really. Why have only a piece of korean history, when you can have the whole Korea, representing it throughout it's history? Bottom line, I don't think we will have Goguryeo apart of Korea proper. (geez, I wrote word "history" a lot :lol:)

As I said, Charlemagne is a big part of German history, and his capital was in Germany, and he was in Civ IV as leader of the Holy Roman Empire. By your logic, he should either be ruler of Germany, or not in the game at all.

Top Bottom