1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

That is correct.

Isabella of Portugal the portuguese wife of Charles V, I of Spain, Holy Roman Emperor.

Isabella I of Castile the mother of my country.

2. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Sorry, but it has been considered thousand times.

3. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

And have you considered that B5 could be Tamar of Georgia?

Image:
    Spoiler :

4. Shalvan

Shalvan Warlord

Alright, makes a lot of sense that people thinking about it for days would come up with that idea. ;)

I suppose there was also a lot of discussion about the spot between Kongo and Poland... It's hard to imagine a civ game without Persia though. AND without the Ottomans. Some possibilities that immediately come to my mind are the Phoenicians (Carthage probably wouldn't then appear in the game. Though we often saw Rome and Byzantium and in Civ 4 there was both HRE and Germany) and Mali.

EDIT: AND without the Mongols

5. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Monty I probably was a war hardened badass, Monty II from the descriptions we got from the Spanish cronicles, was a good looking, smug and refined.

Curiously, before the Mexican independence, Moctezuma II was depicted as noble, educated and much more of a tragic figure. After independence other Aztec figures were favored because of their anti Spanish stance, like Cuauhtemoc, and hence Moctezuma II was depicted much more as a traitorous and supersticious.

So yeah, Monty II is highly romanticised and vilified in history, if they were ever to do Monty II again, it's more a matter of choosing what popular depiction to go for (I'd go for the smug noble with a temper).

Monty I is easier to depict personality wise, because while we don't have first hand descriptions we do know a lot about his achievements, It's easier to depict Monty I as a rugged warlike emperor than to open the can of worms that would be depicting Monty II despite us having a better idea of how he looked (nobody would be happy).

As for an hipothetical second Aztec leader, Nezahualcoyotl would make a great balance to Monty I warlike personality. And given that the dude was also into the arts and engineering, the floating gardens could make a comeback (or even Nezahualcoyotl baths).

6. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Do anybody think that Civit may be a civilization as well as in such case we may have up to 23 civs.

18 base civ + aztec
    4 expansions each containing one civ for a total of 23 civs if delux edition is preordered.

7. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Sure. There's a human in Civet skin. Which reminds me of "The Knight in the Panther's Skin" - the famous medieval Georgian epic. You know what it means.

8. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

I think we'll get a second Aztec leader when hell freezes over sadly. The only civs likely to get a second leader at all are the core Europeans and core Middle Eastern / East Asian civs. Some of them could even get a third. I don't think they'll judge it to be worth creating a second leader for civs such as the Aztecs where there would just be such little knowledge of them and consequently such little hype. It's far more worth their time introducing the Maya, or the Inca, or the Iroquois, or any other Native American civs with a single leader.

Also, and I can't believe no-ones noticed this yet, but if you that the I from the VI part of Civilization VI, and you put another I across it at a perpendicular angle, and then you make four more of them, and colour them red on a white background, you get this:

Spoiler :

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Frankly, for me personally second leaders for any civ is down on the bottom of the wish list. Different civs instead, please!

10. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

I think given the way agendas work this time it could make the game really fun and different on each playthrough. Civs could be vastly different with a different leader too. Never thought i'd advocate leaders over new civs in any way, but this game seems built for it. Still want plenty of new civs though, and given Ed's promise of a focus on TSL considerations in the long run, i don't think you have any reason to worry even if there are second leaders :goodjob:

11. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Since the Aztecs are not part of the 18 civs in the base game, I wonder which civ will take its place. Brazil? Poland? I assume the two leaders who we have trouble identifying will be in the base game, along with Scythia.

12. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Where I'm lost is if Aztecs are one of 18 on release, one of up to four mentioned with the Deluxe pack (which wouldn't make sense because they say it's a pre-order bonus, but the Deluxe is a separate extra cost), or an additional civ altogether. I'm inclined, based on our poster here, to think it's the first option.

13. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

I'd say the Scythians are this version of Civ nomadic antagonists. :D
    Makes me wonder what kind of scenarios they have in mind at Firaxis.

14. Hajee

Hajee Prince

15. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

That used to be my position too, until too many poor leader choices got announced. :(

Yes, please.

16. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

I'm not sure if that's correct. The Aztecs are not one of the 4 DLC civs associated with the deluxe edition as 2k have stated you can obtain them even if you have the standard edition. I would assume that therefore they are counted as one of the initial 18, just you won't be able to access them on day 1 unless you preorder (or at least that's how I interpret it).

The only alternative I can see to that is if the game has 18 civs available at the start plus some time locked ones that can be unlocked early via pre-ordering, in addition to any in the 4 deluxe DLC. I can't really see that happening though.

People have asked 2k to clarify whether they are part of the initial 18 or not but thus far they haven't responded, sadly.

17. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

18. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

19. DarkAlabaster

DarkAlabaster Chieftain

Maybe they used the statue and already had some in-game picture? Zenobia would be awesome. Quasi better than Tamar of Georgia :crazyeye:

EDIT: And she would absolutely be a bigger than life character :worship:

20. BttLsht

BttLsht King

Where are my analytical experts?! CSI CFC is required at once!