1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. KingDynamo

KingDynamo Doctor of Skulkery

You must have her confused with Tamar of Georgia, naturally. ;)

2. cakes

cakes Prince

is hojo's picture even of hojo?

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Google identifies the picture as Murikami Harutomo, a main character of something called "Samurai Tale", although it could reuse earlier Japan miniature.

Its interesting if someone could dive deeper with the pic. If the board is just something developers use internally and not smart-hidden-easter-egg for civfanatics, it could easily contain wrong pics. Just someone wanted to use cool samurai pic.

4. Haig

Haig Deity

How did people come up with Tamyris? Not the most common leader or civilization even! Pretty impressive.

5. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

I know Cromwell was Egyptian, but describing Egypt as part of the "Arab" Civ is just like saying Northern Native Americans don't need representation considering America technically covers them.

As for Cromwell, I don't know, genocide is not something to be taken lightly. If one simply dismisses any notion of political correctness and simply went for the most iconic and symbolical leader, then Germany would pretty much be doomed to be permanently represented by Adolf Hitler.

6. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I never understood why so many lunatics (especially on YT comments section) wish Hitler was German leader. He's pretty much the worst German ruler in history (I'm looking purely from pragmatic amoral perspective at this moment).

After falsely attributing economic renewal of Germany to himself (Autobahn also wasn't his project but of earlier government), introducing censorship and deep unrest within the o****ry, causing many of its brightestminds to emigrate, he went to the war doomed to fail from the very beginning in order to achieve ridiculous goal (the entire Lebensraum concept), completely ruined the entire nation and half of continent, caused death of over 6 million of his own people, half of continent to be dominated by his worst foe (what he allegedly wanted to prevent), division and occupation of his country, and stigma his nation is suffering from for quite probably over a century (soon). If not Hitler one can imagine Germany having far higher population and even stronger economy today.

That, as I said, not counting his monstrous crimes. Yet there are still crazy people who think he was great leader because 'he conquered Europe'.

7. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

In regards to Cromwell, he never committed what we would call genocide. The attrocities he led were based in religion not race. He was a nasty piece of work of course and end of the day, murder is murder. But every other leader in this game, maybe even Gandhi, has incited violence and death as well. That's just the past and we've Hoyt's live with it. Enough time has passed since Cromwell that his actions themselves no longer have a direct effect on anyone's life, so it's no longer a personal issue. However, from what I understand he has become incredibly politicised and wound up in the troubles in Northern Ireland, so I imagine he would be a deeply unpopular and resented figurehead. Anything that riles up religious tension in Ireland is generally a bad idea to bring up.

8. Vela

Vela Chieftain

You may read this again and recognize why this wasnt a smart thing to say.
    Also "Genocide is the intentional action to systematically eliminate an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group."

Hitler is argueably the most famous ruler of Germany. Many other included rulers were not exactly successful either. So I partly understand this, especially when Mao/Stalin are included.
    Luckily though he will never be included.

9. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Don't be taken in by propaganda. I originally remember I was watching a TV programme where evidence was given against the deliberate slaughter of the people of Drogheda by Cromwell. This show pointed out gaping holes in the Irish version of event. I found an article here which underlines a few reasons against the popular Irish version of events: http://www.historytoday.com/tom-reilly/cromwell-irish-question. Remember when reading this, Reilly (the author) is an Irishman. He laid out a more detailed a arguement in his book 'Cromwell was framed'. Other Irish academics dismiss this theory as being un-persuasive, but they are more than likely viewing the situation through tinted glasses.

Edit: Addressing Mandead, what reason can you possibly provide for Joanna the mad as the Spanish leader; she was co-monarch during the reigns of her husband and her son, and her father was regent between the reigns of these two, whilst for all of her official reign, she was mentally ill, and never the de-facto ruler- why criticise Victoria and the choose her?

10. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Speaking about religious genocide, we just got Catherine de Medici. So, it's surely not a barrier, especially if it happened long ago.

11. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

12. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

Just saying but if you want to start posting civ/leader wishlists you might want to start a new thread for it (as it's not really what this one was intended for). It would be a shame if it got closed now as there's still a possibility there could be a breakthrough with some of the remaining portraits if we get some new information.

13. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Well, I'm convinced that the not yet worked out pictures show concept art, so will not be cracked. I think we've had all our breakthroughs.

14. HanNorwood

HanNorwood Tamar

I'm just gonna go start a new thread for this, in ideas and suggestions. We've already been warned once to stop making our ideal lists, and I, for one, do not want this thread closed.

15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Recent Ideal Civ List posts moved to new thread in Ideas & Suggestions.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Guys, we need to get back on Topic.
    Spoiler :

17. DarkAlabaster

DarkAlabaster Chieftain

I think that we will have Tamar of Georgia, even if as a DLC :crazyeye:

18. Denkt

Denkt Reader

If people continue like this the thread will eventually have to be renamed to All Tamar portraits;)

Atleast I guess you can expect a mod Georgia.

19. EdwardRech

EdwardRech Chieftain

Honestly, with all the fan demand, it'd be a great idea to cash in on that.

20. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

As long as it doesn't turn out as the Gandhi-nuke joke. :nuke: