All leader portraits

Let's get back on track. C5 norway? Leaf Ericsson, or Eric the Red, I think those are wings on his helmet instead of an animal hide

I just tried to do reverse image searches for B5 and C5, but they were too blurry for Google to decipher. Anyone have some CSI'd versions to use?

At the very least, I reckon we can expect a very elaborate April Fool's joke revolving around Tamar and Georgia next year. :p

B5 seems like it's a female with some sort of head ornamentation and a dress or toga of thin white cloth. My guess would be either a famous greek leader, or a younger christian leader from the romantic era.

One of the two reasons I came here is to comment on this. To me, B5 looks like portrait style used commonly in the Islamic world during the medieval era (see this and this), so I think that's an Islamic depiction of a king of some sort. My personal guess is a depiction of a Ghanan King, but it still could be just about anyone

This is horrifying.

Not only is Brazil in the base game, we'll probably get Old Man Gandhi with his stupid running gag about nukes again.

I keep saying E1 is Sicily. Isabella of Castile. They used a picture of her mother, common mistake.

One of the two reasons I came here is to comment on this. To me, B5 looks like portrait style used commonly in the Islamic world during the medieval era (see this and this), so I think that's an Islamic depiction of a king of some sort. My personal guess is a depiction of a Ghanan King, but it still could be just about anyone

Yes, after looking around a lot yesterday after posting this was my likely conclusion as well, except I was thinking female still. I found a lot of similarly dressed persian queens

Shirin Shahbanu

Azarmidokht

But I could not find any persian females I thought had stories fleshed out enough to qualify for being in the game.

I keep saying E1 is Sicily.

Yes, you keep saying that . . . but you've yet to provide a picture that matches the blurry photo.

Yes, you keep saying that . . . but you've yet to provide a picture that matches the blurry photo.

I think they got the wrong Isabella. When you goggle Isabella of Castile, the same pic of Isabella of Portugal comes up.

I think they got the wrong Isabella. When you goggle Isabella of Castile, the same pic of Isabella of Portugal comes up.

What does that have to do with a (lack of a) picture of a Sicilian ruler? :confused:

What does that have to do with a (lack of a) picture of a Sicilian ruler? :confused:

If they got the picture wrong, and its Isabella of Castile, Isabella of Portugal's daughter. Than there is your Sicilian leader Isabella of Castile, she was Queen of Sicily from 1469 to 1504

If they got the picture wrong, and its Isabella of Castile, Isabella of Portugal's daughter. Than there is your Sicilian leader Isabella of Castile, she was Queen of Sicily from 1469 to 1504

Isn't Isabella of Castile the actual Isabella? Isabella of Castile is the Izzy we all know right?

Isn't Isabella of Castile the actual Isabella? Isabella of Castile is the Izzy we all know right?

I believe so. She's the Isabella who sent Columbus to the new world. While she did eventually take the Spanish throne, she was Queen of Sicily years before that. If we are to believe the poster is accurate, than Sicily is the only reasonable choice, unless E1 isn't Phillip the second. Unless you can name another 15th century female ruler between Scythia and Spain

Top Bottom