All leader portraits

:mischief: Not sure if joke or not, but we never proved that Georgia is in.

That was tongue-in-cheek. :p I'm really not wanting Georgia to be in the base game, regardless if Tamar was a pretty cool leader (the heresy, I know!). So I'm really hoping B5 turns out to be something different.
It helps that no one found a correct match for Tamar and Georgia would be misplaced after Germany.

And you just know Firaxis is going to reveal B5, C5 and E1 last because suspense! :lol:

I don't see any particularly bad leaders here other than controversial Catherine di Medici.

And many people are actually happy with her, because she's a very fresh choice.

That was tongue-in-cheek. [emoji14] I'm really not wanting Georgia to be in the base game, regardless if Tamar was a pretty cool leader (the heresy, I know!). So I'm really hoping B5 turns out to be something different.
It helps that no one found a correct match for Tamar and Georgia would be misplaced after Germany.

And you just know Firaxis is going to reveal B5, C5 and E1 last because suspense! [emoji38]

It's going to be the kingdom of Ghana.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

some guesses on B-5:

- another leader for Germany/Greece
- Great {Seljuk, etc}
- Grand Principality/Duchy Of {Lithuania, Bulgaria, Kyiv, Transylvania}
- Goths (but why? there is already Germany)
- Goryeo/Goguryeo/Gojoseon as Korea
- Golden Horde
- Ghaznavids
- Ghurids
- Georgia (wrong order?)

I think B5 looks like a woman with a white head dress, a crown on top of it and a yellow dress. It looks medieval european to me so I would think maybe Goths or Gauls? Tamar of Georgia would fit nicely with the pic IMHO but is unlikely...

Alphabetically not all of those fit but I have no idea what else could even fit except for Goths or maybe Golden Horde

some guesses on B-5:

- Great {Seljuk, etc}
- Golden Horde
- Ghaznavids
- Ghurids
- Georgia (wrong order?)

At this point I'm hoping for the goths, they had a massive impact on the post roman europe and the fall of the empire, also they could have very interesting mechanics based around attacking more advanced empires.

That said, you should probably add Granada to the list.

some guesses on B-5:

- Great {Seljuk, etc}
- Golden Horde
- Ghaznavids
- Ghurids
- Georgia (wrong order?)

Everyone keeps listing the same options over and over. We clearly have no idea. I'm sticking with it being something between Gre and Ind, that they accidentally placed before Greece, and then just threw Greece up on the second sheet. That opens the field way more and leaves hope for the Inca. Honestly, that theory is just as likely as all of the names people have been bringing up. Maybe it's the Goths, Goryeo, or Ghana, but I dunno. :mischief:

The theory about a second Greek leader would be nice. If any civs should get a second leader first, it should be Greece, India, or China. Maybe today's reveal of Germany backs up the second leader theory: I find it hard to believe that Aachen would be the German capital if their wasn't going to be a second, Berlin or Vienna based, leader released somewhere down the line.

The theory about a second Greek leader would be nice. If any civs should get a second leader first, it should be Greece, India, or China. Maybe today's reveal of Germany backs up the second leader theory: I find it hard to believe that Aachen would be the German capital if their wasn't going to be a second, Berlin or Vienna based, leader released somewhere down the line.

If this theory is true then lets think about the number of civilizations. What if B-5, C-5, D-5 are the alternative leaders? Then we have exactly 18+1=19 civilizations. In this case:
B-5: Germany or Greece
C-5: Kongo or Poland
D-5: Spain

Everyone keeps listing the same options over and over. We clearly have no idea. I'm sticking with it being something between Gre and Ind, that they accidentally placed before Greece, and then just threw Greece up on the second sheet. That opens the field way more and leaves hope for the Inca. Honestly, that theory is just as likely as all of the names people have been bringing up. Maybe it's the Goths, Goryeo, or Ghana, but I dunno. :mischief:

I agree with you that its more likely to be a second Greek or German leader or that the alphabetic order is wrong. Makes the most sense to me.

could still be Granada

If this theory is true then lets think about the number of civilizations. What if B-5, C-5, D-5 are the alternative leaders? Then we have exactly 18+1=19 civilizations. In this case:
B-5: Germany or Greece
C-5: Kongo or Poland
D-5: Spain

1) Why would C5 be Kongo or Poland? It doesn't look anything like a Kongolese or Polish ruler.

2) The Deluxe version does say there will be new Civilization DLC included, for sure. That cannot include Aztecs, because Aztecs are a separate free DLC. So we need 20 Civilizations, at least, on this board.

So if B5 and D5/E1 are the alternates, that leaves C5 to be the 20th civ that we need. C5 is not an alternate.

I think obscure choices like Goths, Georgia, Granada, or whatever are only considerable when they come from areas that are already under-represented. Like, pre-colonial Americas, Africa, south-east or central Asia.

I'm still tempted by the idea of Ghana for B5, but I can't find a good leader for them. I've found a list http://www.afropedea.org/list-of-kings-of-the-ghana-empire

But there's next to no information i can find beyond this without visiting the library at SOAS. Does anyone have any more knowledge or ideas on a hypothetical Ghana leader?

I've tried all known leaders of the Ghana Empire and other kingdoms in the territory of modern Ghana (Ashanti Kingdom under the name of Ghana seemed promising, too) a few days ago and could not find anything close, also not with generic Ghana something searches.
Since all the others come up very early if you just google the right name, this has to be something else.

Top Bottom