All leader portraits

Sorry for the confusion, I understand just am not positive it necessarily actually is in between Greece and Germany

America, Arabia, Aztecs, Brazil, China, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Unknown "G" Civ, Greece, India, Japan, Kongo, Ottomans or Persia, Poland, Rome, Russia, Scythians, Spain (twice?), Sumeria. Alphabetical order so the one in between Germany and Greece a has to start with "G" too.

But not if it's a mistake or one added later. That looks like a separate sheet of paper and the one last in that page

But not if it's a mistake or one added later. That looks like a separate sheet of paper and the one last in that page

It's alphabetical and by that logic Spain (Philip II) and Sumeria were the last though of and added since they both on separate paper with the center row.

In my opinion the only serious contenders for B5 are:

-Ghana
-Gorkha
-Goths
-misplaced Georgia

All other candidates seem too farfetched to me.

It's alphabetical and by that logic Spain (Philip II) and Sumeria were the last though of and added since they both on separate paper with the center row.

No, he means they could have forgotten to put Greece on the first page and instead tacked them on at the beginning of the second. And the Civ that's supposed to be between Greece and India alphabetically is out of order and sitting at B5. Get it?

No, he means they could have forgotten to put Greece on the first page and instead tacked them on at the beginning of the second. And the Civ that's supposed to be between Greece and India alphabetically is out of order and sitting at B5. Get it?

Right. That's like the only other option other than Germany/Greece having an alternate leader.

So since we haven't managed to find out who it is by searching for Gs, lets look for H and I civs. Might as well try something new.

If you look, the top 10, bottom 10, and bottom 2 are all on separate pages. They weren't forgotten, they just put the portraits on landscape and made 'em large.

Sorry Spain will not have two leaders.

Yes, thank you for the productive comment along with useful logic backing up your claim.

If you look, the top 10, bottom 10, and bottom 2 are all on separate pages. They weren't forgotten, they just put the portraits on landscape and made 'em large.

Right...they made the pages one at a time. So they might have made the first one, realized they got the order wrong, and then said "eh, whatever".

Better than nothing to go off of.

Right. That's like the only other option other than Germany/Greece having an alternate leader.

So since we haven't managed to find out who it is by searching for Gs, lets look for H and I civs. Might as well try something new.

I don't think that is the case, but I pulled this list from the EU4 wiki. It has a lot of highly unlikely and redundant options, and it only covers the game's timeframe, but here it is:

Germany
---
Germiyan
Golden Horde
Golkonda
Gondwana
Gotland
Granada
Great Britain
---
Greece
---
Guarani
Guge
Gujarat
Gwalior
Haasa
Habsan
Hadoti
Haida
Hainaut
Haiti
Haixi
Hamburg
Hannover
Harar
Hatakeyama
Hausa
Hejaz
Hesse
Hindustan
Hobyo
Hojo
Holland
Holstein
Holy Roman Empire
Hormuz
Hosokawa
Hsenwi
Huai
Hungary
Huron
Huyla
Iceland
Ichma
Ikeda
Illiniwek
Imagawa
Imereti
Imerina
Inca
---
India

Some nice options: Guarani, Haida, Hausa, Hungary, Inca

If forgot about Gorkha, never the less, they would just call it Nepal because Firaxis doesn't care.

This is more similar to Ottomans instead of Turkey or Siam instead of Thailand, rather than Persia instead of Achaemenids, IMO, so I think there is a possibility that they picked the archaic name instead of the modern one.

This is more similar to Ottomans instead of Turkey or Siam instead of Thailand, rather than Persia instead of Achaemenids, IMO, so I think there is a possibility that they picked the archaic name instead of the modern one.

Ottomans and Siam stand because they are readily recognisable in western media though. Gorkha is vastly less recognisable than Nepal, so I can't see any way it's justified. I think this is more of a majapahit / Indonesia situation

Is it possible that B5 is Victoria under Great Britain and B2 is someone else? I say this because when Victoria introduces herself it's as Queen of Great Britain.

I'm wondering if they changed their mind at the last minute to make it England like in all the past Civs.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If Greece and B5 are out of order, there is. Might as well give it a shot.

If we assume B5 is out of alphabetical order, that could be anything - don't need to search before India, but C1 is quite sure shot of Pericles.

I dont think that the devs are unable to follow the alphabet order correctly.

So if they used it (as it looks like to nearly 100%), I do not think they made a misplacement there.

Imho, there really are only 3 possibilitires can are realistic:

1.) it indeed is another CIV between Ger and Gre. In this case, and considering the probably white skin color of the portrait, I think only the Goths and the Golden Horde would be possible options. All others are even more unlikely to chose for a vanilla civ (even these both are, considering that we already have Germany, and it is unlikely they use Golden Horde instead of Mongolia, especially since already Scythia is in place)

2.) the overview also contains multiple leaders from the first DLCs. This could be valid both for Germany/Greece and Spain. Somehow this option would surprise me though, as I wouldnt see any of those three as such an early pick for a second leader.
Also, the possible secondary leaders dont look like being from a totally different time period, which I would have expected if a second leader would have been chosen, at least in cases of Germany or Spain.

3.) there are two leaders of Germany/Greece and Spain, because at the time of the print it was not finally decided which one to take. Maybe they had 2 different concepts that they both liked and it was still open.

Of these three options, I would tend to 3, with a small chance of the Goths being in the rooster.

Top Bottom