All leader portraits

This would only make sense, if the spot we delcared as England actually is not England but someone else.

This would only make sense, if the spot we delcared as England actually is not England but someone else.

yes. I agree, and that part I haven't figured out yet. It's just that from the picture they have on the wall it has to be a fairskinned female with dark hair. There aren't many civilizations that match that between Germany and Greece that I can thing of.

At this point I wonder how popular the following is:

facts:
- there are 22 pictures on the leaked board
- 18 cvis will be in the base game
- 1 civ will be pre-order bonus
- 2 portraits have not been found, despite searches going on for weeks
- 1 portrait shows a "wrong" leader portrait and the country it should represent is twice on the board
- it took like 2 days to find all the portraits, besides the 2 missing ones. Searches went on for weeks with all sorts of theories and nothing substantial has been found.

my conclusion:
- the 18 vanilla civs and leaders have been identified
- the picture shows the pre-order bonus (obviously)
- the picture shows 3 DLC civs, but since the board was leaked presumably on purpose, the 3 DLC civs were 'hidden.' They are depicted in a way, that everyone who knows who it is can easily identify them (Firaxis). With Isabella of Portugal, one of these 'riddles' may have been solved leading to Portugal as a DLC. For the other two (B5 and C5): they may be placed in wrong order, show something completely obscure (as for example a prominent person with the same name, someone dressed up in a special manner, something random of that culture, some sort of placeholder etc.) If this would be true, they will also be last to be revealed.

- There are 4 DLC already planned.

This quite ruins the theory as they have already at least 2 DLC leaders in plans (as "civilizations" and "leaders" are plural in announce). Moreover, at the point of the board design it could be still undecided, which leaders to go for DLC.

- There are 4 DLC already planned.

This quite ruins the theory as they have already at least 2 DLC leaders in plans (as "civilizations" and "leaders" are plural in announce). Moreover, at the point of the board design it could be still undecided, which leaders to go for DLC.

There are 4 DLC planned. That doesn't mean 4 leaders or civs. At least one of them will be maps.

There are 4 DLC planned. That doesn't mean 4 leaders or civs. At least one of them will be maps.

Yes, but 18 civs + Aztecs + At least 2 DLC civs + undecided Spanish leader = 22

Nzinga for Kongo! And, come on, I don't want this to be like Civ IV! Holy Roman Empire with one; England, America, Russia, and France with 3; Germany with 2... At least make it like Civ II, One male leader one female *if possible*.

I don't actually see a problem with the civ IV way. Maximise the number of Civs in game, and only include multiple leaders where there are strong candidates who could significantly change the way a civ is played

I don't actually see a problem with the civ IV way. Maximise the number of Civs in game, and only include multiple leaders where there are strong candidates who could significantly change the way a civ is played

Exactly.

FOr me, it is more interesting to get a new civ than a new leader anyway...

Yes, but 18 civs + Aztecs + At least 2 DLC civs + undecided Spanish leader = 22

If you read my post again, you can deduct from it, that my idea was "undecided spanish leader" is the hint to Portugal DLC (thus 3 DLC on the board).
On another note: I am still careful with exact numbers, given that they always said "18 civs in vanilla" the might just count aztec to that 18. Marketing wise this is only logical. Otherwise you could say it's 18+1 or its 19.

I think we can rule the portugal idea out, as this would break the alphabetical order. And why should they break the order in this case ?

This actually makes sense if they listed England as Great Britain. However I'm afraid it's not it, although very similar the colours are off.

I think we can rule the portugal idea out, as this would break the alphabetical order. And why should they break the order in this case ?

I've stated above that I believe the board to be leaked on purpose and to have the vanilla civs + some dlc. But the dlc civs are 'hidden.' Scroll up if you want more.

Looking at C5 today, I could swear I see a native american sitting there, with a hat on, looing away from the viewer...

Maybe they did it again and took "Native Americans" as a civ.
I know thats something some people wouldnt like at all...but not impossible either.
Considering multiple leaders, you could still seperate different ones...

Hi everybody,

provided is is alphabetically, could B5 be the "Hitties" with Suppiluliuma as leader?
and is for C5 the "Ottoman-Empire" not the only possible solution?

E1 could be Wilhelm of Orange (United netherlands? ^^)
then could Gilgamesh be the king of Uruk?

if this is the case, i would miss persia very much.

:confused:

Hi everybody,

provided is is alphabetically, could B5 be the "Hitties" with Suppiluliuma as leader?

As much as I would love have the Hitties back ,which to me are the most unique of all ancient civs - Hattusa is a city state, which means the Hitties won't be in Vanilla.
Lot's of choices for C5 not just the Ottoman Empire, Persia is still possible.
However: we need the actual fitting pictures.

Hi everybody,

Unless you have a different name for Greece (C1), the Hittites could not be B5.

For C5, many other choices are possible - anything between Kongo and Poland, with some possible civilizations being Korea, Mongolia, Netherlands, Ottomans, Persia.

As for E1, it has been speculated that Gilgamesh could be the leader of Ur or Uruk, leaving some more space for some other civilizations - usually Sweden.
However, you suggestion does bring two big issues: first one is that the Netherlands was never called United Netherlands in past games, and such a name makes little sense for a civilization, and the second one is that Sumeria was never caller Uruk in past games.

And this goes for all your suggestions: suggestions hold little value without an image to match the blurs. Everything else would be forgiven with an image that fits perfectly. :)

Still, the Hittites would be a cool civilization to have back - maybe someday. Or through a mod.

Top Bottom