All leader portraits

So with both mystery civ solved, we now know. Firaxis is going SUPER-Eurocentric this time. Wow, that's unfortunate... :(

I think with Pericles and Gorgo being in the game, we don't have Greece anymore but instead the city-states of Athens and Sparta which were very distinct city-states for an extended period of time. Sparta existed from the 900s to 192 BC while Athens existed from 508 to 322 BC.

Hey, at least when playing Gorgo, you get close to playing Cersei in Game of Thrones:

So I guess Tomyris and Trajan are hidden under the cam showing the Firaxis guys and are the last 2.

I think with Pericles and Gorgo being in the game, we don't have Greece anymore but instead the city-states of Athens and Sparta which were very distinct city-states for an extended period of time. Sparta existed from the 900s to 192 BC while Athens existed from 508 to 322 BC.

They're both listed under G, so they're probably alternate leaders for Greece

So after Denmark and Sweden in the V we get Norway this time around.

Or the Norse.

So I guess Tomyris and Trajan are hidden under the cam showing the Firaxis guys and are the last 2.

You can actually see Trajan for a second when he scrolls down. :p

Still, as long as Gorgo and Pericles are not leading different civs, there is one civ missing. (when we count the pre-order not as one of the 18)

The question is still in the air, Sparta and Athens as its own civs, or Greece with multi leaders.

I lean to multi leaders on a peloponnesian scenario DLC

edit: Good point j51, they should fall on G.

Isabella is not in. So she's ever out totally or planned as additional leader in one of DLC.
Jadwiga is not in, so she's likely to be DLC too.

B5 is Gorgo and she looks like second Greece leader, instead of separate Sparta. C5 is Harald Hadrada.

So, that's 19 civs.

They're both listed under G, so they're probably alternate leaders for Greece

Or the Norse.

Yes... but there were 18 leader names shown and Ed has confirmed that there are 18 civilizations in the game at launch. If both Pericles and Gorgo represent Greece then we are short a civilization. Hence why I said it's possible it's the city-states of Athens and Sparta (and the League's they represented) instead.

There's at least 20 in the list - there's 16 to the point of Saladin, and then we're missing Teddy, Tomyris, Trajan and Victoria.

Isabella is not in. So she's ever out totally or planned as additional leader in one of DLC.
Jadwiga is not in, so she's likely to be DLC too.

B5 is Gorgo and she looks like second Greece leader, instead of separate Sparta. C5 is Harald Hadrada.

So, that's 19 civs.

I think the most interesting thing we can take away from this reveal is that multiple leaders is a thing. Very interesting :)

Yeah that actually makes me really happy, I'm hoping that with the current visual style and civ structure they'll be able to churn out a whole bunch of extra leaders down the road.

Top Bottom