1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

This is my logic as well. Besides, it's notl ike we have that many extra ones apart from Brazil and Norway. Right? The rest has pretty much always been in.

2. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Nice. Multiple leaders would be great.

3. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

Can someone update the first page with an all clear leaderboard now? It's like after a whole month, mystery finally solved. Literally crying right now.

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Now its time to start speculating on DLC/expansion packs

New World.../Exploration
    Portugal, Maya, Inca, (2)Native North America

E Asia
    Mongol, Korea, Indo/Poly, (2) SEA

Cradle of civ
    Persia, Babylon, Alexander, Ancient Leaders for India

Wars of Religion
    Ottomans, bonus Leaders for India, European civs (including Byzantium leader of roman civ)

Africa/Imperialism
    Ethiopia, W.African, S. African civ, Dutch, bonus leaders for Japan, China, India

World at War
    WW II leaders for US, Russia, UK, France, China, Japan, Germany(WWI leader), add Austria, Italy, Argentina/Mexico

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It is updated. We just don't have the actual pics for America, Egypt and England.

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

How dare you proposing definite civs on the one hand and generic ones based on their continent on the other? :cry:

7. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

For the others there are a number of good options (a number of good SEA/Native N. American W African/S. African civs).. for others there is really only one or two obvious options (depending on how they want to handle the "new v. repeat" and 'blob' issues)

8. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Much discussion about Sweden, and in the end we have Norway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I am very surprised

9. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

I'm hoping for a "Nordic" blob civ, it's still a possibility.

10. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

Harald Hardrada is either going to be King of Norway or King of the Norse. I'm fine either way and very happy to see the Vikings being represented in the Civilization franchise.

Considering the guy came from a war-loving line of Viking rulers, I hope his civilization is very much based on war, conquest and pillage.

11. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Didn't Ed specifically say there would not be multiple leaders for any Civs in Vanilla though?

12. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

No idea but if he did then we have an issue with Greece being led by both Pericles and Gorgo in the base game.

13. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

I mean the pic on the very first post, both B5 and C5 still blurry there while people already dug up the originals.

14. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

My initial thought was it would be Greece/Pericles in vanilla, and Gorgo would be part of a DLC which might also feature Roman Leader2/Byzantine leader, and some of the "missing" Civs like Persia and Ottomans

15. Brianstorm

Brianstorm Warlord

Constantine would make a great and unique choice for Rome.

16. jollysox

jollysox Chieftain

I know some people are complaining, but I'm loving the choice of civs/leaders. Having both Athens and Sparta as unique civs rocks my world!

Shame about Persia though!

17. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

I think the two leader part could be a part of greece unique ability. Maybe Greece can split its civilization so to represent the independent city states that dominated Greece.

18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

With Skythia and Greece in the game, they should be coming. They should be coming anyway. But this screams for Persia. However, evidence leads to Poland coming first as DLC, at least that's how I interpret it.

Edit: and I guess, while Harald might have been found at some point (and if it took 6 more months!), I wager that we would have never found Gorgo.

19. esoba

esoba Warlord

Exactly. Could be a really unique aspect to this civ.

20. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

It would be pretty cool if Greece could found CS instead of cities. Like it could be Civ VI version of Venice but it could actually found cities that are something between a CS and a normal city.

Your first city is Athens ruled by Percilies and your second city is Sparta and ruled by Gorgo. In practice you are playing as two civs each with their own unique leader ability.