1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I believe the "turban" turned out to be Harald Hardrada's crown. You can find an up-to-date board of the images found in the OP. :)

2. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

No, not that :rolleyes:. There was a screenshot being posted around with a leader wearing what appeared to be a turban, and it looked nothing like Harald Hardrada. This was from a video.

3. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

4. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Ah sorry! I'd forgotten all about that. Yeah I guess it can only be Saladin at this stage...

5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Hopefully they don't ruin Saladin's in-game representation as they did with Gandhi, Tomyris, Hardrada, the old Teddy Roosevelt, and Pericles....at least some slight realism would be nice, instead of a crazy unrealistic character barely resembling the real figure from history.

6. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Honestly I'd rather they do do that with Saladin so changing his name to be like, say, Abd al-Malik, or someone else who ruled a larger empire during the golden age, makes sense.

7. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

How were Tomyris and Hardrada ruined?

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Actually could it be Gilgamesh somehow?

9. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

That would be the worst. :(

10. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Abd al-Malik isn't actually someone I was really aware of, but that could be a good call. My first choice was his predecessor Umar ibn al-Khattab, who I could be depicted to look along the lines of his depiction in the Arab TV show Omar:

Could it? To me that looks a lot like a turban. And Gilgamesh isn't typically depicted wearing anything like a turban.
    Spoiler :

11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I'm not saying it doesn't look like a Turban. I am just saying that anything is possible. I was surprised that Perciles is depicted as an elderly man instead of a fierece warrior.

12. Ricard.Bossle

Ricard.Bossle Chieftain

I miss the old Tamar days...

13. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I doubt it. The Sumerians wore some interesting headgear, but not turbans.

14. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Nah, Saladin is a more iconic, well-known, and still very accomplished leader in a tumultuous time. Saladin took on the Crusader states and the Third Crusade and still won important victories, leading to the peace agreement. In his time Richard the Lionhearted never took Jerusalem, even though he did take Acre and win some battles against Saladin. I hope they portray Saladin as chivalrous, faithful, but also deadly. As he was in real life. :)

Their animations are horribly jerky. Many people have also pointed out Hardrada "snaps" to attention after his initial speech in the First Look video.

And Hardrada looks too much like Phillip II, I saw at least two people remark in these forums.

15. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Both big guys with beards and brown hair... and all Asians look alike right? ;)

It's good that you cannot mistake them for each other with their personalities conveying oh so much more than meets the eye haha

16. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

They actually also have very similar face proportions, the same nose, similar beards, similarly spaced eyes :p.

Another thing; why does everyone keep complaining about Barbarossa's appearance? His depiction is clearly based on this picture, the same one that was on the leader poster:

17. nunor

nunor King

Because it's anachronistic.

18. Sufyan

Sufyan Chieftain

Because that picture is bad.

19. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Oh, fair enough. Harald's appearance seems to be based somewhat on the picture below, which isn't a contemporary work either.

Spoiler :

20. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Harald comes across as slimmer than Philip to me. And Philip's bulshinous will ensure in game that you know exactly who you're dealing with!

Hell for those who are struggling lol; you get this in real life where you meet a couple of people who look a bit a like at the same time so you mix up their names the first few times you meet them after that; but months later, you're like 'why did I ever mix them up??'