1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All leader portraits

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

2. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

It's from concept art of the User Interface. The Interface designer would have used whatever art was on hand for a leader icon to suit their needs. It's probably art that was created for Civ V.

3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

It might be Peter the Great, only portayed a little older than usual.

4. Denkt

Denkt Returned

To me it look like C5 have a "mongol cap".

5. ATLASJC

ATLASJC Chieftain

Thanks!! Hmm my guess is this was an earlier version. The UI looks different than it does now, so maybe this image was to showcase the map, and George Washington was just one leader they were considering for America

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It was probably used to placehold Technology stuff, because you can see a Civic-esque button beside it, which we have seen go hand-in-hand.

They might've have planned Washington to be in the game until they chose to go the "Bigger Personalities" route and decided to use a new leader.

7. uhcougar31

uhcougar31 Chieftain

Maybe the Great Leaders in Civ VI will have proper portraits. Adds a little more personability rather than just showcasing their names, makes them seem more important to the cause....If this is the case, I like it.

That picture also looks like it could be Frederick II.....

8. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

It's definitely Washington. It doesn't mean he's necessarily a planned alternat DLC. It was just a small part of a User Interface proof of concept that someone would have done in photoshop before the designers would implement it into the actual game. It's For Position Only. It's the pictorial equivalent of Lorem Ipsum. It's a confirmation of nothing.

9. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Off course it matters! Choosing someone unpopular among French people to represent France in a game where France is an important market is lunacy! How can you think that is something that should be brushed off? Imagine how pissed of the Americans would be if an unpopular leader was chosen! Imagine if Richard Nixon was the leader of the United States!

10. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Pyramids and I think Washington/America I think are often he first things designed anyway.

11. MonteZumba

MonteZumba Chieftain

It has been confirmed that each Great Person will have different bonuses.

12. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

The Goths were Germanic, not German. There is a difference. As far as I know, the Goths had only limited presence in what is now Germany, typically being located in Southern Sweden, Poland, and *ahem* Rome.

13. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

A good theory, but just that.

Picking only the evidence that suits your theory and dismissing everything else as "place holders" is a perilous task.

Only Firaxis can confirm or deny evidence found within the videos. Everything else is fair game at this point.

14. MonteZumba

MonteZumba Chieftain

Also I uploaded the "George Washington" picture thinking that it's just a minor thing that will be overlooked. After seeing all the confusion I have made, I think to myself, "What have I done?"

15. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Richard Nixon would be fair game.

A better comparison, in my opinion, would be having Barbara Pierce as leader for America.

Spoiler :
    Barbara Pierce Bush (born June 8, 1925) is the wife of George H. W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States, and served as First Lady of the United States from 1989 to 1993. She is the mother of George W. Bush, the 43rd President, and Jeb Bush, the 43rd Governor of Florida. She served as the Second Lady of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Source

16. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

The picture still sort of looks more like Robert E. Lee to me because I see a faint white beard and a grey outfit:

This is Civfanatics, though.

17. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Have anyone tried enhancing the handwriting on the white board on the same frame as the blurry portraits? I don't have access to a computer since I'm oh vacation, but the might be some info there.

18. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Its just a grey undershirt the coast is brown.

19. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

Here's the image with a bit more of context:

Spoiler :

Notice how the entire UI is completely different from the UI we've seen in screenshots and videos so far:

Spoiler :

Some elements are similar, sure, but not only are the culture and gold counters out of place, culture has a different icon altogether, the current civic being developed is on a completely different place, we don't see the other leaders, and the end turn button on the bottom is completely different.
    So I agree with the idea that this is a mock-up of the interface, and the "George Washington" there is just a placeholder.

Fun fact: It reminds me of Crusader Kings 1's portraits. :lol:

20. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Peter the Great (supposedly) died with black hair and rocking a magnificent moustache.

Spoiler :