All leader portraits

To me C5 look to have a mongol hat (don't know what it is called) with some sort of feather thing. It also look similar to the turkish cylinder hat but not as much as the mongol hat. However I have not seen pictures on mongol leaders using that hat.

It seems likely that mongols will make a return, more so then ottomans or persia.

You could include Granada, perhaps

To me C5 look to have a mongol hat (don't know what it is called) with some sort of feather thing. It also look similar to the turkish cylinder hat but not as much as the mongol hat. However I have not seen pictures on mongol leaders using that hat.

It seems likely that mongols will make a return, more so then ottomans or persia.

Ever since the Mehmed II tweet I think the Ottoman's have had the inside track.

I've seen several pictures of Ottoman Leaders with that same style of hat.

So here are the reasonable possibilities I've seen for the Mystery Civs:

B5:
-Ghana
-Great Zimbabwe
-Goths
-Georgia(!!!)

Missing any? (Note that the operative word was reasonable.)

I'm going for Ghana on B5. I think Great Zimbabwe would probably just be called Zimbabwe, the Goths are located in Europe and aren't really anything special when you compare them to France, England, Germany, Russia, Rome, Poland, Spain or even smaller countries like Austria, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands. To reïnforce that, in a video (I believe an interview by a YouTuber) someone mentioned that they tried to spread out the civilizations because real-world starting locations are so popular. And as far as I know (and I have to admit I'm not an expert on history), Georgia hasn't ever really been important on either the local or the world stage.

Actually B5 could be anything started "Great".

So here are the reasonable possibilities I've seen for the Mystery Civs:

B5:
-Ghana
-Great Zimbabwe
-Goths
-Georgia(!!!)

C5:
-Mongolia
-Persia
-Ottomans
-Lakota
-Myanmar

Missing any? (Note that the operative word was reasonable.)
Would the Ghaznavid Empire work or are they too similar to other Civs??

What if we have another one wrong, though?

Seriously, that image of Isabella also looks like this painting I've seen from Gamar of Teorgia, and it fits alphabetically.

Georgia comes before Germany alphabetically though not after

I have a theory that maybe an intern out together the poster and messed up the alphabetical order (I.e. Georgia before Germany). Rather than correct it they left it up to shame the intern constantly.

I have a theory that maybe an intern out together the poster and messed up the alphabetical order (I.e. Georgia before Germany). Rather than correct it they left it up to shame the intern constantly.

Firaxis seem more like a headhunting kind of company than a grow-your-own, which would mean no interns. :p

Plus the small thing of the general implausibility of having such a mistake happen, then to allow said mistake to appear in a public and highly scrutinized video.

Top Bottom