All leader portraits

still a few less views though.

more spam needed!

er...

So new plan (since we've beaten the ones people 'really really wanted' to death without finding them):

Lets' focus on crazy alternative options. not the ones already mentioned, but let's assume that everything already suggested is not right for the last 2 images, and search elsewhere.

what other civs or cultures have been in civ games before, but not currently suggested for the images?

Also, the civit is the most important item on that screenshot. :scan:

From wikipedia:
"The best-known civet species is the African civet, Civettictis civetta, which historically has been the main species from which was obtained a musky scent used in perfumery. The word civet may also refer to the distinctive musky scent produced by the animals."
"Viverrids are native to sub-Saharan Africa, Madagascar, the Iberian Peninsula, southern China, South and Southeast Asia." There's also a special mention of Sri Lanka.
And then there is, as mentioned, CIVETS.

I think I see what you're doing, and how. ;) Civit as in Reddit's Civit, right?

What's up with that reddit? I don't frequent reddit at all.

So new plan (since we've beaten the ones people 'really really wanted' to death without finding them):

Lets' focus on crazy alternative options. not the ones already mentioned, but let's assume that everything already suggested is not right for the last 2 images, and search elsewhere.

Sounds like a good plan. Or maybe try misspelling leader names in their google searches to see if they come up with a match? :lol:

Tumar of Georgia? Tamar of Gorgia?

One idea if Reddit is related...a map of all civs in the Battle Royale, which Firaxians have repeatedly mentioned in interviews:

Spoiler :

List of non-civ cultures in Civ 2:

Spoiler :
Huns
Visigoths
Ostrogoths
Sueves
Angles
Saxons
Franks
Jutes
Burgundians
Avars
Vandals
Alans
Bulgars
Magyars
Frisians
Picts
Langobardi

List of non-civ cultures in Civ 3 1.29f:

Spoiler :
Mayan*
Incan*
Cherokee
Anasazi
Teoihuacan
Olmec
Zapotec
Chehalis
Chinook
Apache
Illinois
Inuit
Navajo
Carib
Saxon
Vandal
Goth
Angle
Magyar
Khazak
Celt*
Bulgar
Alemanni
Burgundian
Gepid
Hun
Jute
Marcomanni
Seljuk
Pheonician*
Estruscan
Illuryian
Thracian
Phrygian
Gaul*
Minoan
Mycenian
Cimmerian
Ligurian
Numidian
Patzinal
Sarmatian
Scythian
Suren
Sumerian
Assyrian
Hittite
Harappan
Mauryan
Parthian
Harappan
Nubian
Sarbadar
Bactrian
Circassian
Cuman
Hurrian
Kassite
Bantu
Khoisan
Mongol*
Shangian
Yayoi
Zhou
Ainu
Polynesian
Aryan
Avar
Ghuzz
Hsung-Nu
Kushans
Yue-Chi
Sakae
Uzbek
Tartar

List of non-civ cultures in Civ 4:

Spoiler :
CHEROKEE
ANASAZI
TEOIHUACAN
OLMEC
ZAPOTEC
CHINOOK
APACHE
CHEHALIS
ILLINOIS
NAVAJO
CARIB
SAXON
VANDAL
GOTH
ANGLE
MAGYAR
KHAZAK
BULGAR
ALEMANNI
BURGUNDIAN
GEPID
HUN
JUTE
PHOENICIAN
ETRUSCAN
THRACIAN
PHRYGIAN
GAUL
MINOAN
MYCENIAN
CIMMERIAN
LIGURIAN
NUMIDIAN
SARMATIAN
SCYTHIAN
VISIGOTH
ASSYRIAN
HITTITE
SUEBIAN
MAURYAN
PARTHIAN
HARAPPAN
NUBIAN
BACTRIAN
CIRCASSIAN
CUMAN
HURRIAN
KASSITE
BANTU
KHOISAN
LIBYAN
SHANGIAN
YAYOI
ZHOU
AINU
POLYNESIAN
ARYAN
AVAR
GHUZZ
HSUNGNU
KUSHANS
YUECHI
SAKAE
UZBEK
TARTAR

List of non-civ cultures in Civ 5 pre-BNW:

Spoiler :
Ainu
Alemanni
Anasazi
Angle
Apache
Aryan
Assyrian
Avar
Bactrian
Bantu
Bulgar
Burgundian
Carib
Chehalis
Cherokee
Chinook
Cimmerian
Circassian
Cuman
Estruscan
Gaul
Gepid
Ghuzz
Goth
Harappan
Hittite
Hsung-Nu
Hun
Hurrian
Illinois
Jute
Kassite
Khazak
Khosian
Kushans
Libyan
Ligurian
Magyar
Mauryan
Minonan
Mycenian
Navajo
Nubian
Numidian
Olmec
Parthian
Phoenician
Phrygian
Polynesian
Samaritan
Saxon
Scythian
Shangian
Tartar
Teotihuacan
Thracian
Uzbek
Vandal
Visigoth
Yayoi
Yue-Chi
Zapotec
Zhou

Here is my take on the portraits :

hope it will help solve this thing !

Attachments

• civ6hunt.png
    civ6hunt.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,227
Yes, normally I would expect Ghaznavis after the first 50 civs. Yet for diversity sake, it could be a surprise. I mean we didn't expect the Shoshone either.

I never expected the Songhai either (nor had I ever heard of them before Civ 5). For all the people saying civ x doesn't make sense because Firaxis would call them civ y instead, there's president for selecting the more obscure civ (Songhai over Mali).

BTW, I love the CivetFanatics website!

All this shows me is that we can find a way to pretty much draw anything on these pictures. :sad:

I guess you dismiss everybody that do not go your way. Are you rooting for Tamar ?

I'm going for Ghana on B5. I think Great Zimbabwe would probably just be called Zimbabwe, the Goths are located in Europe and aren't really anything special when you compare them to France, England, Germany, Russia, Rome, Poland, Spain or even smaller countries like Austria, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands. To reïnforce that, in a video (I believe an interview by a YouTuber) someone mentioned that they tried to spread out the civilizations because real-world starting locations are so popular. And as far as I know (and I have to admit I'm not an expert on history), Georgia hasn't ever really been important on either the local or the world stage.

Zimbabwe alone just refers to the modern nation. Great Zimbabwe is a medieval kingdom that left ruins the modern nation is named after. I can't see them included without the "Great."

Zimbabwe alone just refers to the modern nation. Great Zimbabwe is a medieval kingdom that left ruins the modern nation is named after. I can't see them included without the "Great."

They called a clearly Majapahit inspired civ Indonesia, despite having no relation the the modern nation, other than sharing some land. I could totally see them calling it Zimbabwe before Great Zimbabwe.

Besides, who would the big personality leader be?

Off course it matters! Choosing someone unpopular among French people to represent France in a game where France is an important market is lunacy! How can you think that is something that should be brushed off? Imagine how pissed of the Americans would be if an unpopular leader was chosen! Imagine if Richard Nixon was the leader of the United States!

Is about whats fun not about what annoys you. Regarding modern leaders its different because people still suffer their :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)ups

Moderator Action: Please be more careful with the language you choose to use.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Oh wow, I now see the helmet too in B5, along with a long white beard.

It's hilarious how you can see virtually anything in these blurred pictures if someone primes it for you in a certain way. Makes me wonder how many of the "100% matches" we got wrong.

Top Bottom