All leader portraits

Shouldn't one of the unknown civs be South east Asian for geographic balance? Ghana would also make sense geographically. Ghana as the precursor civ to Mali Empire.

Edit: search for Ghana ruler gives a lot of yellow robed kings and Queens

Spoiler :

But the skin kolor of B5 looks lighter though

Got a little late to the party, the guesses are everywhere. Just wanted to say that I'm hopeful that they went with the historical inspiration for Moctezuma II instead of the usual depiction (if its true it's him).

CivCube, I just want to congratulate you. You did an amazing and hard job.

EDIT: and you followed an alphabetical order in one of the cases :crazyeye:

I just copy-and-pasted the barbarian lists. :)

Korea would fit, both alphabetical, commercial (large player market) and geographical since we don't have menu Asian civs even if St Asia needs more civs more.

That picture is not so close but maybe we can find closer matches?

I also thought there was a good chance that C5 is Korea. It almost looks like the head wear has those dangling balls on it like in most pictures of Wang Kon. Of course, I thought B4 looked like Haile Selassie because most blurry imaged look like Haile Selassie. Come to think of it B5 and C5 look like Haile Selassie, too. Too bad Ethiopia doesn't fit alphabetically.

I'm at a loss for B5. I can only come up with Golden Horde, Ghana, or anything that begins with Great or Grand. Unless B4 or C1 are wrong, and I don't think they are, there are very few alphabetic possibilities. Ancient Ghana would be an obvious choice if anyone knew anything about its leaders. As far as I know, Ancient Ghana is a little like the Harappan or Great Zimbabwe. We just don't know enough about them to do a Civ.

Oh wait, German New Guinea... German Samoa...

I also thought there was a good chance that C5 is Korea. It almost looks like the head wear has those dangling balls on it like in most pictures of Wang Kon. Of course, I thought B4 looked like Haile Selassie because most blurry imaged look like Haile Selassie. Come to think of it B5 and C5 look like Haile Selassie, too. Too bad Ethiopia doesn't fit alphabetically.

I'm at a loss for B5. I can only come up with Golden Horde, Ghana, or anything that begins with Great or Grand. Unless B4 or C1 are wrong, and I don't think they are, there are very few alphabetic possibilities. Ancient Ghana would be an obvious choice if anyone knew anything about its leaders. As far as I know, Ancient Ghana is a little like the Harappan or Great Zimbabwe. We just don't know enough about them to do a Civ.

Oh wait, German New Guinea... German Samoa...

Well. We only got Assyria because there was a teammember who studied them. Sho Ghana is possible. Any nation is possible with the right circumstance.

Another possibility: B5 is another Greek leader, possibly a marble bust of Alexander. If we have two Spains...

I'm still not sure if we're 100% the second Spanish leader is actually correct or not yet. Last I read that picture we have doesn't fit proportionately.

But I decided to google some historic Greek women (of which I know absolutely nothing about).

Spoiler :

Pericles wive (from what I read quickly) Aspasia

Kind of close to the lady with a veil idea. Trying to find a famous painting instead of a sculpture

I think I am okay not knowing the last 3 leaders/civs for now. It is nice to maintain the mystery for a while.

I'm still not sure if we're 100% the second Spanish leader is actually correct or not yet. Last I read that picture we have doesn't fit proportionately.

But I decided to google some historic Greek women (of which I know absolutely nothing about).

Spoiler :

Pericles wive (from what I read quickly) Aspasia

Kind of close to the lady with a veil idea. Trying to find a famous painting instead of a sculpture

No, the problem was that people figured out that it was Portuguese Isabella not Spain Isabella. Doesn't stop it from supposedly being the right one, but just a wrong pic.

I think I am okay not knowing the last 3 leaders/civs for now. It is nice to maintain the mystery for a while.

Go home, you're drunk.

No, the problem was that people figured out that it was Portuguese Isabella not Spain Isabella. Doesn't stop it from supposedly being the right one, but just a wrong pic.

She isn't Portuguese Isabella as in she was a ruler of Portugal she is Isabella of Portugal who was a Spanish ruler and granddaughter of Isabella of Castile. However, her pic comes up if you search Isabella Spain, which is what makes it a likely error in the Isabella they tried to grab.

Go home, you're drunk.

She isn't Portuguese Isabella as in she was a ruler of Portugal she is Isabella of Portugal who was a Spanish ruler and granddaughter of Isabella of Castile. However, her pic comes up if you search Isabella Spain, which is what makes it a likely error in the Isabella they tried to grab.

I didn't say she was the ruler of Portugal.

No. I was talking about E1. Whether that is actually Phillip II or not.

Also, typical of Firaxis to get the wrong Isabella leader image. It would just continue the pattern of the last two releases.

Top Bottom