All leader portraits

I can't quite figure out if it's just an artifact of the algorithm of the program or something real, but I clearly see the profile of a man with a turban and a black beard in that image.

Attachments

• crow.jpg
    crow.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 87
Ok I played around with it some more, and itm ight just be an artifact of the program for all I know. I can get all kinds of weird images to come out of it depending on what settings I choose. :rolleyes:

No, ironically program keeps crashing when I try to run B5 (no, seriously, it does!), but this is what came out of C5 with relatively big blur radius:

As compared to the "blurred original image" this looks more towards a man with beard and turban. In the "original" image I couldn't clearly see a turban.

I can't quite figure out if it's just an artifact of the algorithm of the program or something real, but I clearly see the profile of a man with a turban and a black beard in that image.

Imho it could just as easily be the profile of a woman with a shadow around the neck/chin wearing a crown. It looks more like a crown to be than a turban.

Thanks for the work... but I do not think anything is "clear" yet ;) I actually think it looks a lot like the crown Persian kings are often depicted.

Here are some other output versions. This one has small radius and is close to the original:

Spoiler :

I definitely think it's Mehmed II, but it's still very blurry.

In other news, I managed to get B5 a little less blurry:

Looks like a dude with an East Asian Moustache and a headdress.

You're getting it all wrong, guys. C5 is a native American chieftain on horseback.

black: horse
red: body
blue: Sitting Bull type feather helmet

:crazyeye:

Yeah, I think that program probably assumes the image you're unblurring isn't blurred because it's been shrunk, printed, stuck to a wall and photographed several metres away before being extracted from a video and re-enlarged :mischief:

I downloaded it too and didn't get anywhere with B5. In case it's of any help to anyone, I adjusted the colour on the whole image of leaderheads until the colours for those portraits we've identified matched their originals. And B5 now looks like this:

So I think the following:
- It's most likely either a painting/coloured drawing with a black background, or a colour photograph again with a black background
- It's probably not a bust, unless it's painted
- I can see 3 colours clearly: a white veil/headdress, a yellow dress and the skin colour of a white person on the face. Maybe also dark brown hair and (possibly?) some sort of blue scarf although that could just be a shadow on the neck, or - more likely - a part of the background. Sky through a window?
- Still looks like a woman in early/high medieval European dress to me. She's either in profile or at a 3/4 angle slightly facing the 'camera'

Yeah, I think that program probably assumes the image you're unblurring isn't blurred because it's been shrunk, printed, stuck to a wall and photographed several metres away before being extracted from a video and re-enlarged :mischief:

I downloaded it too and didn't get anywhere with B5. In case it's of any help to anyone, I adjusted the colour on the whole image of leaderheads until the colours for those portraits we've identified matched their originals. And B5 now looks like this:

- It's most likely either a painting/coloured drawing with a black background, or a colour photograph again with a black background
- I can see 3 colours clearly: a white veil/headdress, a yellow dress and the skin colour of a white person on the face. Maybe also dark brown hair and (possibly?) some sort of blue scarf although that could just be a shadow on the neck, or - more likely - a part of the background. Sky through a window?
- Still looks like a woman in early/high medieval European dress to me. She's either in profile or at a 3/4 angle slightly facing the 'camera'
Could people do it with roosevelt, cleo , china, and especially with E1?

I definitely think it's Mehmed II, but it's still very blurry.

In other news, I managed to get B5 a little less blurry:

Looks like a dude with an East Asian Moustache and a headdress.

To me it looks more like a Middle-Eastern male guy. :lol::crazyeye:

And in this one it looks like the profile of some European Queen.

The unblurring stuff won't help us here, I think.

No, ironically program keeps crashing when I try to run B5 (no, seriously, it does!), but this is what came out of C5 with relatively big blur radius:

It looks like Cyrus the great with his high, thin crown and a beard.

Spoiler :

Ok I tried to run the program on the full collage so that I had the known images as a reference to compare to, and I think I can say with certainty that whatever weird images the program delivered as possible sources, they are just random artifacts. So I go with this as the only meaningful output image of C5:

It looks like Cyrus the great with his high, thin crown and a beard.

Yes, if this isn't just the blurred picture playing a joke on us beard and crown would probably fit Cyrus the most. But then again, we see in the case of B5 how unreliable these versions of the pictures are.

Ok I tried to run the program on the full collage so that I had the known images as a reference to compare to, and I think I can say with certainty that whatever weird images the program delivered as possible sources, they are just random artifacts. So I go with this as the only meaningful output image of C5:

This one looks like boobies though.

I think the picture C5 must at the end be one of the following 4:
> a persian king (Cyrus or Xerxes ?)
> an ottoman leader (Mehmet II ?)
> a mongol khan on a horse
> a korean ruler

Other possibilities than that exist, but are unlikely I think.

For B5 I could only think of the Goths, even if this wouldnt have been my first choice. Letter-wise all other possibilities are even more unlikely, and the color-style of the pic could hint towards it.
Only other real option I could see would be a golden horde khan...but why should they take this instead of just the mongols (which they did in previous CIVs).

D5 however remains the biggest mystery to me (or E1, if it shouldnt be the spanish ruler).
Not many empires fall into the letter range...Slavs would be an option...but also an unusual one...

Maybe it would be better to try the unblurring software on some of the verified leaders to make sure whether it is working for these blurred portraits.

Top Bottom