All leader portraits

Larger maps. Just more landmass makes no sense. Unless they want to illuminate the importance of navies.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

What, are less farm tiles needed now or something? Surely additional necessary land uses means bigger cities? Drew Durmill said developers had said the 30% bigger standard map was to accommodate cities.

Yes, less farms are needed now. And city radius is exactly the same as in Civ5. More land is more about city spacing, but also for a bit more cities, since with city specialization you can't live effectively with 3 cities.

Larger maps. Just more landmass makes no sense. Unless they want to illuminate the importance of navies.

Here's the thing.

SOMEONE said that the size of maps remained the same.

and SOMEONE said that there's more landmass to play with.

Also, more landmass makes sense. Go look how little Pangea map is on Marbozir's Blackfoor playthrough. The map is more water than land.

Who and where did they say it? The only place I've seen it is on these forums. Not in any of the videos our articles that I have seen. I could have missed a few though.

It's somewhere. I mean, I'd prefer bigger maps (would accomodate bigger Europe for once), so, who knows, maybe it is bigger maps, given we have 64bit game now.

It's somewhere. I mean, I'd prefer bigger maps (would accomodate bigger Europe for once), so, who knows, maybe it is bigger maps, given we have 64bit game now.

Bigger maps would be welcome but I prefer enlarged Europe on world maps. :) Depending on number of civs I guess.

Bigger maps would be welcome but I prefer enlarged Europe on world maps. :) Depending on number of civs I guess.

I'd like this to deal with the balance issue the devs have given us.

Europe makes up just under 7% of the earths landmass, and that's including western Russia and the caucasus.

On a hypothetical 30 civ TSL map, there would 2 European civs. I think Africa could be squished downwards slightly, Siberia could be squished Eastward, and Western Europe could be stretched into the Atlantic more with the goal of tripling the size of Europe. That would mean it could field 20% of the civs on the map (6 on a 30 civ game) without feeling cramped.

England, Spain, France, Germany, Greece and Rome, with Russia slightly offset could work a treat. Though for balance purposes once Poland DLC is added, one of the western civs should probably be dropped each game.

Also, apologies mods, posted before I say the message, maybe you could transfer this discussion to the TSL thread?

Here's the thing.

SOMEONE said that the size of maps remained the same.

and SOMEONE said that there's more landmass to play with.

Also, more landmass makes sense. Go look how little Pangea map is on Marbozir's Blackfoor playthrough. The map is more water than land.

Yes, I think you are right. I was remembering something said in a Drew Durmill YouTube video, but I probably remembered incorrectly; he was likley talking about landmass, not map size.

I was trying to think of something which is more relvenat to thread topic, and I though of this; in terms of upcoming Civ announcements, which leaders on the leader poster do people think will look the bestin the game? So far Phillip II seems to be one of the favorites.

I think Harald Hardrada should look pretty cool; Harald Bluetooth leading Denmark as the Civ 5 viking representation had one of the best looking leaderscnes IMO, even if it did have a more cartoon style to it than most other leaders.

Gandhi, confirmed. Also, I know how he looked but, Civ VI's version of Gandhi just has something wrong with him.

Gandhi, confirmed. Also, I know how he looked but, Civ VI's version of Gandhi just has something wrong with him.

I don't actually think he looks to bad. He is skinny with a very wide head. This is a typical Gandhi caricature.

Yes, these proportions are very exaggerated, but it is clear what they are based on:

Spoiler :

The difference between this and the old version of the Teddy Roosevelt is that didn't really even have exaggerated features, just made up ones. Yeah, Teddy was not that thin at times, but him being overweight was not a prominent feature of his appearance, at least not during his presidency, and so his appearing as an obese character seemed to me to make absolutely no sense.

I really didn't like the Gandhi art style when I first saw the thumbnail but in motion I think he works. Like his portrayal here more than Civ IV or Civ V

He looks like he's had his face smashed in. He's not recognizable as Gandhi--or as human--to me at all. No idea what they were thinking with him, but he looks appalling. Here's hoping he gets the Teddy treatment before release...

He looks like he's had his face smashed in. He's not recognizable as Gandhi--or as human--to me at all. No idea what they were thinking with him, but he looks appalling. Here's hoping he gets the Teddy treatment before release...

You're really exaggerating here. Anyone familiar even remotely with Gandhi would find his representation here instantly recognisable. I think he looks fine.

You're really exaggerating here. Anyone familiar even remotely with Gandhi would find his representation here instantly recognisable. I think he looks fine.

I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. His model looks like the love child of a troll doll and ET. I don't find him recognizable as human, never mind Gandhi. Qin Shi Huang is caricatured; the first model of TR was caricatured; Gandhi looks like a Reaper creature--no, I take that back: he makes husks look beautiful. :eek: I admit that I am disposed to hyperbole, but I am not being hyperbolic in this case. He looks like an alien--a very ugly alien--and nothing like Mohandas Gandhi. :sad: His big head, tiny scrunched up face, and gargantuan nose are simply not human-looking, not even for a caricature. :cringe:

I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. His model looks like the love child of a troll doll and ET. I don't find him recognizable as human, never mind Gandhi. Qin Shi Huang is caricatured; the first model of TR was caricatured; Gandhi looks like a Reaper creature--no, I take that back: he makes husks look beautiful. :eek: I admit that I am disposed to hyperbole, but I am not being hyperbolic in this case. He looks like an alien--a very ugly alien--and nothing like Mohandas Gandhi. :sad: His big head, tiny scrunched up face, and gargantuan nose are simply not human-looking, not even for a caricature. :cringe:

I would respectfully suggest you simply turn away when he appears.

:)

Looks ok to me so I guess there is room for all opinions.

I admit that I am disposed to hyperbole, but I am not being hyperbolic in this case.

:lol: can someone who is being hyperbolic ever recognise when they are being hyperbolic? I'm sure it's possible to look back and recognise it, but actually in the moment can they?

Back on topic, If they are going to have Gandhi in the game, he might as well look like this:

https://youtu.be/oUlzrcpSPFE?t=9

Quality post +1 :goodjob:

I'm honestly not sure there's any way I can retort to this so I've think I've gotta shake your hand and say good game.

How was the old Teddy a caricature? Look at him:

Spoiler :

I challenge you to find a picture of Theodore which looks even remotely like that!

A charicature is:

Caricature: a picture, description, or imitation of a person in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.

So, if we apply the definition to a picture of Teddy, what are the striking features you can pick out?
Spoiler :

Admittedly the outfit and glasses were accurate, but if you look at pictures like this and say 'hmm, what stands out to me is his obesity and his huge sagging face', then I don't really know whats up with your vision. Maybe he was a little overweight, but no where near enough that I would call it a 'striking feature', and thus exaggerating it does not really give you a caricature.

But yes, Gandhi does look like ET.

Top Bottom