1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] All the new new civs so far are all around types civs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by PlayAsPericles, Jan 9, 2019.

1. PlayAsPericles

PlayAsPericles Chieftain

Except hungary which, OF COURSE, is a warmonger type focused civ. So far there isn't a straight forward cultural, religion or science based civs like say Mvemba, Latauro, Ghandi and Seondeck respectively are all very straight forward on what their intended biggest strength will be. I've said before I really wish there would be a few more PURE science, while there are other decent science playing civs they are all around types as well, based civs like seondeck in the game and I'm worried we won't get another one this time either.

Just Looked at Mali and that is pretty religion centric. So the culture and science focused aren't quite there yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

Canada is pretty strongly culture-oriented, with the UU able to create national park and the UI generating culture and tourism.

OmegaDestroyer likes this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I would say Hungary is a warmonger primarily, with some diplomatic tendencies. Maori are cultural. They will get tons of culture from the passable feature tiles. Canada is mixed Culture and Diplomacy.

Mali and Inca are mostly generalists. Although Mali has some tendency towards a religious victories.

OmegaDestroyer likes this.
  4. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Canada (pacifist) -> Cultural/Diplomatic
    Hungary (protectorate) -> Domination/Diplomatic
    Incas (isolationist) -> Scientific/Religious (start near mountains helps in both victories)
    Mali (merchant) -> Domination/Religious
    Maori (environmentalist) -> Cultural/Religious

My guesses for the remaining civs:

Phenicia (navigators) -> Domination/Cultural
    Sweden (diplomatic cooperation) -> Diplomatic/Scientific
    Ottomans (expansionist) -> Domination/Religious (can be Scientific rather than religious)

5. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

One thing this game has enough of is "pure" and "straightforward" civ's geared towards a single victory condition.

The victory conditions hold this franchise back in so many ways. The design of VI suggests building an empire of diversified cities, but the victory conditions tells us to beeline, streamline, expand for the purpose of iteration.

Instead of being so on-the-nose as Korea, far better to have a civ like Mali and Inca that can lend themselves to a multitude of victories.

A civ does not need a blue icon in its ability description to be a contender in science, nor a purple to be a contender in culture. If a civ is able to get districts and buildings out quickly, you can excel at either of those conditions.

Similarly, faith is not simply for religious victories.

Icicle, j51 and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  6. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

I think the value of having a regular unit that can create a park instead of a wildly expensive naturalist has been wildly underestimated.

Icicle, CPWimmer, 679x and 1 other person like this.
  7. 679x

679x Chieftain

Absolutely. Especially since naturalists normally require Faith to purchase. You can just build Mounties, and it's not like Canada has any faith bonuses anyway. This is the one ability that makes me really want to try playing as Canada.