All Things Star Trek

OMG I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner.

I really love TOS and, although it took me a long time to accept it, TNG. Everything else after that doesn't really interest me. I guess I'm just a relic of the past but I'm happy with that.

Someone on Twitter has posted a set photo from the upcoming Jean-Luc Picard show that features a bunch of extras in Starfleet uniforms. To my eye, the uniforms look essentially the same as in Deep Space 9 - mostly black, color on top, silver commbadge. Jean-Luc himself is wearing civilian clothes.
From the descriptions I've heard, Picard isn't necessarily still in Starfleet, he might be retired by now since the show is set decades after the last TNG movie. I wonder if they will touch the descent into dementia Picard experiences as he ages... which was foreshadowed by Q's time-jumping him in the Series finale "All Good Things".
Well I'm glad that they didn't decide to introduce yet another completely new set of uniforms.
Agreed... that was something that always irritated me a little about the TOS movies. They always had these wacky new uniforms on when the movie started and it was like "WTF":confused: All white? Really?:dubious:.
OMG I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner.
I had the same reaction when I first found this thread :lol:... Also... DS9 is the best... just sayin' ;)

A lot of emancipated Borg here. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence?

Video unavailable in a fifteen minute old post? Can others watch it?

It took me a while to find an unblocked trailer. Try the Twitter announcement.

Why is it blocked?

Usually it specifies that it isn't available in your country.

Last edited:
I think you meant this for the Top Gun trailer. :think:

But for Picard, I got to wonder if fans of The Next Generation who liked thoughtful science fiction and themes of exploration and ethics will enjoy seeing yet another reboot filled with nostalgia, epileptic action, and cryptic lines about destiny.

Keep in mind I don't get network TV here (nor Netflix nor nothing).
Suddenly were getting TV ads for Star Trek Discovery. :rockon:So far, I've seen two ads. To my eyes, it looks to be really good, with alien-looking aliens :assimilate:[I believe it was in TNG, where actors would appear with putty on the bridge of their nose, trying to pass themselves as non-human. :rolleyes:] Plus, I just like the "look" of the show. :thumbsup:

I've come to the internet and have now learned that in the 1st World, this series has been around for years. :wow: I feel like Rip van Winkle awaking from a 20-year nap. :ack:

My next challenge will be to find the show. I don't remember which channel I saw the ads on.. Moreover, four (4) times in the last month, my satellite company has swapped channels around. :confused: IIRC, the show was advertised for 10 p.m. [22:00], but late night shows are usually replayed the next day, mid morning.
With luck, I shall now go boldly where everybody and their uncle has gone before. :popcorn:

He had one of the best character arcs in all of Star Trek, IMO.
DS9 had some pretty awesome character arcs for both heroes and villains, but yes Nog's was one of the best of the best.

When I compare the Nog you see in the pilot episode, sneering at Jake as a "Hoo-mahn" to the Nog barking out orders "Engine Room! Bridge!" in the famous "Sisko badass" scene where he's after Eddington in For the Uniform... or when he says "I feel sorry for the Jem-Hadar" in The Siege of AR-558... it really is amazing to see how much the character developed over the course of the series.

Top Bottom