Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
YES! My main evidence for that claim comes from elemets of TFA. How can you, of all people, not know this? This has been my contention all along. That these three movies are concluding Lucas' trilogy-of-trilogies. That the plots of all three were essentially worked out before TFA was filmed. That TLJ's job is to make you think the mystery of Rey has been solved in the direction of her being a nobody, so that you'll be surprised in IX (Balance Restored) when she turns out to be his sister!!!!!!

Each director isn't picking up afresh and deciding, "Well, whadda I wanna do with my SW movie?" (except in stylistic terms). They're handed a story and told, film this.

Last edited:
It didn't need the help, in my humble opinion.
Unsurprisingly, I (and Sommerswerd) disagree.
these three movies are concluding Lucas' trilogy-of-trilogies.
But Disney's already planning a new trilogy and, even if it's definitely in the spirit of George Lucas (a.k.a. Farmer Luke) to just produce more merch, they're stretching it by having one new non-numbered film every year (which I should've gone to watch last week, if Disney hadn't, for some unfathomable reason, released it right after TLJ) so nothing really has to ‘end’.

and I hate BB-8 almost as much as the Porgs - stupid merch hyper

Last edited:
Right. After IX, they'll go wherever the heck they want to go. Then I'll have no more predictions.

(Well, if it becomes clear that they are again doing a very StarWarsy next trilogy, I'll have predictions based on SW story-logic)

Last edited:
I don't get it.

Right. After IX, they'll go wherever the heck they want to go. Then I'll have no more predictions.
So that is when they will prove that Rey is not Kylo Ren's sister.

No.

You're seriously prompting me to start sketching the plot of X?

Well, ok. It will focus on Broom Boy. Rey will have trained him up as a reformed-Jedi. Inspired by Ren's heroic self-sacrifice in IX, he'll go off on some adventure, against an evil Nazi-esque power menacing the galaxy. And there will be lazer sword battles.

That does very much sound plausible, but it neither proves nor denies that Ren and Rey are related.

and I hate BB-8 almsot as much as the Porgs - stupid merch hyper

Have there ever been any good or memorable droid characters that weren't the original duo or HK-47?

Last edited:
What's there to him, aside from some occasional deadpan?

3PO is my least favorite character of the series. I prefer Tahei or Matashichi (from Hidden Fortress, which allegedly inspired Star Wars and whose role in it R2 and 3PO assume in ANH) to him, and they're both utter trash: the greediest, dumbest, seediest point-of-view characters I've seen.

Have there ever been any good or memorable droid characters that weren't the original duo or HK-47?
The pit droids from the podracing stadium.

I like those droids that are just basically a walking box. Do we know what they do? (No one need bother to answer; I'll go google it).

A power droid, eh? Just like a battery that will walk over to where you need it? Handy.

IG-88, EV-9D9, and the Magna Guards come to mind. You could also look at it from an Obi-Wan kind of logic and say General Grievous. I'd also say that Imperial Probe Droids; Mouse Droids; & even Separatist Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, & Droidekas all had memorable moments from the films. I could probably go on and on...

Sure, but interesting aesthetics aren't really what I was talking about.

Sacrificing himself to protect Jyn & Cassian would seem to be a pretty important character moment.

Noble sacrifices in movies are a dime a dozen.

and I hate BB-8 almsot as much as the Porgs - stupid merch hyper
I actually liked the Porgs. They were so obviously designed to be adorable and I still want a plush porg.
Plus, they had absolutely no relevance to the plot, unlike those stupid horse-goats or weird little gnome things on the Northern Ireland planet.

Asking this question in seriousness, but what do people like about HK-47? I found its character grating and trite - calling me "meatbag" and how it wants to kill me but for its programming get annoying. The only scene I liked with it was when it was recounting the history of the Sandpeople in KotOR 1.

Asking this question in seriousness, but what do people like about HK-47? I found its character grating and trite - calling me "meatbag" and how it wants to kill me but for its programming get annoying. The only scene I liked with it was when it was recounting the history of the Sandpeople in KotOR 1.

Observation: It could only be a meatbag that couldn't recognize HK-47's brilliance.

Top Bottom