Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
I don't see Rose so I can only hope that means she's nowhere near the thing.

Also hey, look, the Knights of Ren. Looking forward to their 5 minutes of runtime.

Fwiw, leaks of early Ep IX marketing poster & character reveals.
Spoiler :

Hmmm... I notice that you don't see Phasma or Rose. With Phasma, she's supposed to be "dead" so it's no surprise that they're keeping that card close to the vest if she is coming back... but Rose Luke and Leia are absent as well and we know for 100% certain that Leia is in it. Plus would be hard to exclude Rose entirely, and there's almost certainly going to be a Luke cameo somewhere, so I don't think we can take anyone's absence from the poster to be dispositive of their presence, or lack thereof, in the film.

I am intrigued by those red stormtroopers though... Are they really red or is that supposed to be the glow from Kylo Ren's lightsaber? Cause there are some stormtroopers who should also be in "the glow" zone above the sword who are clearly displayed in the traditional white. I've been betting heavily on a stormtrooper rebellion/civil war, so... maybe this is an indication of that?

Knights or Ren... meh... they're kinda late to the party, and at this late stage, its inevitable that they are getting redshirted, right? :think: Maybe they have one dramatic lightsaber battle with Rey and then die, but that seems like a blatant retread of the throne room scene in Ep 8... plus wouldn't they presumably be better than Snoke's guards? So they can't just die the same way the guards did, can they? Maybe Kylo Ren betrays and kills them?

Unless... UNLESS!... the movie subverts our expectations and the Knights of Ren end up killing everyone and winning.:eek: :lol:

Seeing as the red fades into white, I'd be surprised to find out they're actually red. In any case that's an awful poster. I hope 'early' means 'early draft', cause I get the idea, but it's done to hell and back and has nothing original or interesting going for it. The background is especially bad. Bland and boring.

Weird how the red peters out at the bottom then. Almost certainly because the image fades to black, but I am not terribly convinced. If it's Target kind of material, well then, meh.

It does look as if the storm troopers were illuminated by Ren's blade.

I see there's new PIE fighters too. But they don't look like the Echelon model Laurana posted about.

IIRC there's a ‘the power of’ missing there.

I haven't watched any SW films in over 30 hours. I'm feeling weakened.

Poster utterly confirms all my predictions regarding plot of IX.

In fact, helps me make some of those predictions with greater precision. You'll be hearing about it!:)

Last edited:
What was it? Rey being revealed to be Ren's sister-wife?

Nope, the line you're thinking of is "You don't know the power of the Dark side."
Well, that's it, I'm just going to have to watch that entire trilogy again then.

Well, that's it, I'm just going to have to watch that entire trilogy again then.

Well as long as you're about it and I don't have to watch the whole thing to make sure for myself, my money is on "do not underestimate the power of the force." No contraction. And you should be able to get away with just watching the first film.

Nope, the line you're thinking of is "You don't know the power of the Dark side."
Pretty sure the line is, "You do not understand the power of the Dark Side"
(Vader to Luke on Endor, explaining why he won't/can't come back to the Light Side).
Well as long as you're about it and I don't have to watch the whole thing to make sure for myself, my money is on "do not underestimate the power of the force."
And this one is (IIRC), "The Death Star is no match for the power of the Force"
(Vader to the Death Star's head cheerleader [commander?] in ANH -- just before Force-choking him for dissing Vader's sad devotion to that ancient religion).

And this one is (IIRC), "The Death Star is no match for the power of the Force"
(Vader to the Death Star's head cheerleader [commander?] in ANH -- just before Force-choking him for dissing Vader's sad devotion to that ancient religion).

So, I looked it up because it seems like no one really wants to watch the thing, least of all me. The actual line about the death star is "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force." The line "Don't underestimate the power of the force," comes in the argument with Tarkin, during the raid on the death star to free Leia when Vader senses that Obi-wan is there and is setting off to hunt him down and kill him like a dog. That's the line from the script, but I seriously think it got ad-libbed as "Do not..." instead of "Don't..." because it would certainly be more appropriate for the formal command style of Vader's lines, especially when he's agitated about being contradicted.

Pretty sure the line is, "You do not understand the power of the Dark Side"
(Vader to Luke on Endor, explaining why he won't/can't come back to the Light Side).
The line is "Obi Wan once thought as you do... You DON'T KNOW the POWER...of the Dark Side... I MUST obey my master."
So, I looked it up because it seems like no one really wants to watch the thing, least of all me. The actual line about the death star is "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force." The line "Don't underestimate the power of the force," comes in the argument with Tarkin, during the raid on the death star to free Leia when Vader senses that Obi-wan is there and is setting off to hunt him down and kill him like a dog. That's the line from the script, but I seriously think it got ad-libbed as "Do not..." instead of "Don't..." because it would certainly be more appropriate for the formal command style of Vader's lines, especially when he's agitated about being contradicted.
The line "Don't underestimate the Force." comes in the war-room on the Death Star. Vader is talking to Tarkin and has just informed him that he senses Obi Wan's presence on the station. Tarkin scoffs and remarks that "Surely he must be dead by now". In response Vader delivers the line.

Then Vader adds "and don't call me Shirley"

OK I was joking about that last part :mischief:

The line "Don't underestimate the Force." comes in the war-room on the Death Star. Vader is talking to Tarkin and has just informed him that he senses Obi Wan's presence on the station. Tarkin scoff and remarks that "Surely he must be dead by now". In response Vader delivers the line.

That's what I said. But according to the script the line does include "...the power of..." in the middle. Maybe it got ad-libbed out, but some hardy volunteer would have to watch to find out, and that ain't me. Skimming through the script is as close as I'm gonna get.

That's what I said. But according to the script the line does include "...the power of..." in the middle. Maybe it got ad-libbed out, but some hardy volunteer would have to watch to find out, and that ain't me. Skimming through the script is as close as I'm gonna get.
I got you covered:

Well, I'm still going to watch it.

Top Bottom