Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Minor correction: they weren't spit roasts, they were tied to the poles, idk what you call that but it isn't a spit roast :shifty:

They were definitely eating captive Imperials at that party at the end too, just sayin

It's not cannibalism if you're a fuzzy little bear person. It's ordinary, natural predation.

It's not cannibalism if you're a fuzzy little bear person. It's ordinary, natural predation.
You would be amazed at how many people think of cannibalism and anthropophagia as synonyms.

Presented without comment.
Oh, yeah, I've forgotten to tell you all how that creature fits into my theories about the plot of IX . . .

Just getting a little joke in at my own expense.

It would be more grammatical to ask, "Is it Shi?"

I'd be too timid to ask something like that, myself, too . . . there ought to be some word for a state of extreme reticence.

‘We'll edit that out later!’

In the true Easter spirit of aspiring to higher truth I've caught up with about half a dozen episodes of The Rookie I had neglected to watch and between yesterday and today I've been watching five of the pre-Disney Star Wars films (ROTJ is on right now) so I am a far more informed person on why I unsurprisingly disagree with Go- some people.

Seeing the new trailer made me think about the new SW films again, and it seems the more time passes, the worse my impression of them becomes. Unlike most who disliked TLJ, I disliked TFA even more. I don't even have a problem with the individual story arcs in TLJ per se. But I do have to say that most of the issues people raise, including the parts I don't like, are due to the writers kind of painting themselves into a corner when they decided to do a big reset in TFA.

I know there are those here who think that TLJ is the best SW film, and I don't agree because I don't particularly care for its apparent mission to subvert audience expectations. As I see it, the main problems with TLJ are inherited from TFA, from when the writers decided to sacrifice the SW universe for the sake of storytelling and now character development.

So my question to you is this: Is TLJ a good film on its own merits or as a sequel to TFA? Does the story of TLJ have to be what it is for it to be this good, in your opinion?

Because I think TFA and TLJ could just as well be good or better SW films if they didn't have the same storyline, one where they didn't simply default to powerful Empire vs. desperate Rebels again in the guise of the First Order vs. the Resistance, complete with massive laser-firing spherical superweapon no. 3 (but much bigger and somehow built in total secrecy by a rump state). Why couldn't the films delve into completely new issues and story angles after the fall of the Empire? I think the Canto Bight story arc, with its introduction of amoral arms dealers as a group, is interesting thematically, but it should have been in TFA and should have taken the story in an entirely different direction.

Agree? Or do you think TFA => TLJ as we know them is necessarily best possible outcome and resulted in the best possible SW films that you can envision?

Last edited:
At this point, everyone has picked their position and no one is changing their mind, so it pointless trying to persuade. I'm in the "loved it" camp.

I think that part of what people hate about TLJ is exactly the fact that it delves into some new issues and angles. Star Wars is comfort food, and many fans want it to just stick with the formula. So it always was a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation. New, unexpected issues/angles/characters/focus = hate from those wanting nostalgia, repetition and familiarity... on the other hand if you just do a rehash/remix then = hate from those who want something new. I just chalk it up to "haters gon' hate" and move on.

Top Bottom