1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All things Star Wars

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Sith or Jedi?

1. Sith

29 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Jedi

39 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

:eek: New poster for Fallen Order. I really love the design of the Second Sister and the Purge Troopers (Very reminiscent of the GAR 2nd Airborne).

2. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

Well, we keep getting good imagery out of Star Wars, at least. And I do say this after having watched TFA a few hours ago in an ibuprofenic haze.

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

There is no such thing. You need to step your game up Tak... lightweight:p

4. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

Well, until Elon Musk unfreezes Walt Disney and they develop Bacta tanks Ibuprofen will have to do.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

Was Dooku aware the clones were coming on Geonosis? I've heard arguments that he did (which sound plausible) but I still have this problem: He barely escaped with this life. Would he really knowingly put himself in that situation?

6. caketastydelish

There's a difference to be had. The plot for the Disney movies did not already exist, Disney created them themselves.

As long as they stay true to the plot in the game then it is guaranteed to not have a bad plot because the plot in the game is good. It's a lot easier to make a good movie if the idea/premise is already good, to begin with than if it isn't.

7. Sommerswerd

After the PT... Lucas sold the franchise to Disney for billions... that's "what they were thinking".

I wish I could sell something I wrote for billions.

Consider that the 1977-1983 Star Wars audience is married and/or with kids 3 to 8y/o by the time EP 1 comes out in 1999. By targeting their kids ... you get their money anyway. What 8 year olds like gets paid for by parents... and parents love for their kids to love what they love.

It was brilliant to co-opt the parents into sucking in the kids, then suck the kids into re-co-opting the parents.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  8. caketastydelish

Another typical criticism (from busy adults) that I find remarkable is that "so much of that CGI looks like something from a video game rather than a legit movie"

Yep... Lucasarts made a crap ton of money from Star Wars video games. The Clone Wars lent itself to video games/action figures/etc incredibly well, and I'm sure that was intentional.

edit: It's also worth noting that you only have to pay an entire clone army actor once and you don't have to pay droids at all, so it's a double win.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  9. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Is that a damn teenage mutant ninja turtle with a glock? Not even the poster artist can take this seriously.

Gotta love the norse runes spelling out KKK...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    caketastydelish likes this.
  10. caketastydelish

what do you mean by PT?

11. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Out of curiosity, what do you think makes the plot in KotOR 1 or 2 'good'? The plot in KotOR 1 was uninspired even by Bioware standards and the one in 2 was plagued by Obsidian-itis where it is tonally all over the place and often feels like "Josh Sawyer wanting to tell you his thoughts on something".

I would assume prequel trilogy.

12. caketastydelish

I haven't played the sequel but I thought the plot to KOTOR I was legendary. It's probably been about 8 years since I played that game but still remember like it was yesterday, it was that good. I thought the storyline was nothing short of amazing.

13. Laurana Kanan

Fallen Order gameplay trailer & demo:

caketastydelish likes this.
  14. Sommerswerd

PT =Prequel Trilogy, ie Episodes 1, 2 and 3.

C'mon cake get yourself together:p

15. Laurana Kanan

Via Star Wars Theory's YT channel (The guy that did the awesome Vader film.) - Alleged leaked TRoS synopsis (Beware of possible spoilers!):
    Spoiler :
    The movie takes place one year after The Last Jedi. Kylo Ren is the Supreme Leader and his Knights of Ren have returned from their search for a dark side artifact: the remaining complete armor of Darth Vader. Kylo Ren is seeking a new path to dominate the galaxy. Meanwhile the Resistance is in hiding, traveling from planet to planet. Poe is the new military leader with Finn and Rose serving as his commanders. Leia meanwhile is on a mission to recruit allies in the Outer Rim. The Resistance launches one last-ditch effort to topple the First Order.

But then the Force spirit of Emperor Palpatine rises from the shadows, where he has been pulling the strings all along. And he then inhabits the body of a young dark side apprentice of Kylo. Rey, who has been on a mission to translate the ancient Jedi texts to learn the ultimate truth about her lineage, realizes that her Force connection with Kylo is growing stronger and the two finally team up to eliminate the Emperor once and for all. But as the Resistance makes its way to Yavin and the wreckage of the Death Star, the Emperor’s powers might be too great as he attempts to spread the dark side in a climatctic battle for the fate of the Force and entire galaxy.

16. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

On the one hand, now I understand why they kept claiming the trilogies were themselves a three-act story.

On the other... this feels like the bad EU novels.

17. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Whilst I am known to be not a great fan of George Lucas, there is sonething to be said about leaving someone in overall creative control of each trilogy. Not with absolute authority, but with some measure of control nevertheless. Needless to say, that someone should never ever ever be JJ Abrams.

For reference.

18. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

*cold open outdoors in the snow with a documentary-style narrator*
    You have my full and undivided attention.

19. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

As they say in the comments:

Watching Felicity to understand JJ Abrams? You know this is something Abed Nadir would do.

Kylo Ren is Ben (the Ben from Felicity), I liked that bit.

I actually came in to say that I've just finished watching TFA again (unlike last week, there was no ibuprofen involved, shut up Sommerswerd) and I suddenly noticed that Finn trying to ransack the desert camp for blasters is so D&D-like that its being a mere coincidence is unlikely.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  20. caketastydelish

I think the Disney movies are worse than the prequels (especially The Last Jedi).

That said, Rogue One was legit.

Laurana Kanan likes this.