Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Why would they bring in George Lucas of all people? He's hardly the best thing about the franchise.

From bad decision to worse decision.

Yes, I suppose that the plan is
a) How can you not want to watch it when the great George himself is now behind it?
b) if successful: See? We can change in time and get there
if unsuccessful: Don't blame us, we handed the project over to him and you didn't like it anyway
c) there's no such thing as franchise fatigue
d) Profit

I don't know, the bad content's been building up since the needy chlorines. Except for Rogue One and some individual sequences in each numbered film theatrical SW releases have more or less lapsed into bad content. :undecide:

I don't know, the bad content's been building up since the needy chlorines. Except for Rogue One and some individual sequences in each numbered film theatrical SW releases have more or less lapsed into bad content. :undecide:

Building up? I thought the bad content pretty much hit the upper limit the minute somebody said "prequel trilogy."

Building up? I thought the bad content pretty much hit the upper limit the minute somebody said "prequel trilogy."
Yeah it amazes me that after all the disappointment folks had with the PT that they would still be able to feel disappointed by the ST. I would half expect folks to be going in with no expectations... or just give up on Star Wars altogether by now. The point is entertainment / enjoyment. If you don't enjoy it why keep torturing yourself? :dunno: I started watching the CGI-cartoon Clone Wars but it started to bore me so I just stopped watching it. No biggie, no outrage, just stopped watching.

Yeah it amazes me that after all the disappointment folks had with the PT that they would still be able to feel disappointed by the ST. I would half expect folks to be going in with no expectations... or just give up on Star Wars altogether by now. Movies are for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy why keep torturing yourself? :dunno:

My sister took me to see Star Wars when I was a wee laddie. Now as much out of nostalgia as anything else we go see the new movies together...and enjoy going even if we don't think too highly of the movie itself (nor too lowly...it's not like the recent ones have been bloody awful). But we didn't live near enough to each other at the time so we were spared the prequel trilogy. I think I saw the first one in the theater, the second one maybe on HBO, and not too long ago there was a Star Wars marathon on some cable network and I realized I had never gotten around to seeing the third one.

Yeah it amazes me that after all the disappointment folks had with the PT that they would still be able to feel disappointed by the ST.
Unsurprisingly, I disagree.

We do have the right to expect something better, and this comes from somebody who's re-watching the prequel trilogy at a rate of one film a day.

The fact that I still like Star Wars does not mean that I think the prequel trilogy or the sequel trilogy are good films.

We do have the right to expect something better, and this comes from somebody who's re-watching the prequel trilogy at a rate of one film a day.
You have the right to nothing. You aren't entitled to jack-squat. As the saying goes... You pays yer muney, you takes yer chances pal.

There's a clip from Mandalorian playing on Monday Night Football right now :D

Can I at least have the left to something?

Also, USian ‘football’… eurgh!

There's a clip from Mandalorian playing on Monday Night Football right now :D
Since Mr. Lazy didn't post it:

Why would they bring in George Lucas of all people? He's hardly the best thing about the franchise.
Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's been the creative mind behind SW and TROS is the culmination of the entire 9 movie Skywalker Saga. :rolleyes:
Yeah it amazes me that after all the disappointment folks had with the PT that they would still be able to feel disappointed by the ST.
The amount of disappointment in the PT has been grossly exaggerated and is eclipsed by that of the ST.

Some SW & Disney+ related content. @Gori the Grey - Just so you know, these are NOT the real people. ;)

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's been the creative mind behind SW and TROS is the culmination of the entire 9 movie Skywalker Saga. :rolleyes:

Well, (a) it's a rumour and (b) the Prequel trilogy was hardly well-received. If they're really looking to please unpleasable fans, they want to bring in the architect of the Prequel films?

Well, (a) it's a rumour and (b) the Prequel trilogy was hardly well-received. If they're really looking to please unpleasable fans, they want to bring in the architect of the Prequel films?
Well... (a) And your point is...? The fact it's only a rumor doesn't invalidate my comment. And (b) that's not accurate about the PT, it's not the albatross some people make it out to be. I could point out the positive fan reactions to the PT at the four SW Celebrations I've attended, or the overwhelmingly positive view of the PT on the multiple FB groups and dedicated SW forums I belong to, or anecdotally how much my own nieces and nephews love the PT (even moreso than the OT), but the recent reception to Hayden Christensen at the SL FanX convention I attended showed me more than anything how much love there is in the fandom for the PT. So, yes, I think it would be a positive step if Lucas were to actually be involved.

Fair enough. I didn't hate the PT, but the AotC love scenes were pretty dreadful.

Lucas had the one good idea and he ruined it. His wife saved it and thence production was wise to remove him from the directorial chair and not leave him alone with the typewriter. Then people forgot all about how A New Hope was almost a fiasco and decided giving him total control would be a good idea! And it wasn't!

Now, is the PT the horror people make it out to be? No. Is it as good as the OT? Probably not. Is it better than a trilogy about how the whills are actually the moving force behind the universe and all the characters? Yes, yes, please please, never let it happen and keep Lucas away please.

Okay, Lucas isn't that terrible, especially now that he can't go full midichlorians, but bringing in yet another creative into the film, a month away from release, to "fix" a movie that he hasn't really had anything to do with, is a big-ass gamble.

but the AotC love scenes were pretty dreadful.
Those are some of my favorite parts! I guess I'm just into sappy, overly-cheezy romance. :blush: And, yes I watch Hallmark & Lifetime movies much more than I care to admit.
Lucas had the one good idea and he ruined it. His wife saved it and thence production was wise to remove him from the directorial chair and not leave him alone with the typewriter.
That's mostly conjecture and opinion.
And it wasn't!
Again, your opinion, which hasn't been my experience at all.
Is it better than a trilogy about how the whills are actually the moving force behind the universe and all the characters? Yes, yes, please please, never let it happen and keep Lucas away please.
We'll never know how a Lucas-driven trilogy would've played out so speculation based on a single GL comment and rumors regarding the outlines sold to Disney are somewhat futile. A lot could've changed between initial outline and finished film. At the very least I found the idea of the Whills intriguing.

Top Bottom