Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
The current (Muppets) arc, which I figure was them stalling for time until they know how Ep.9 resolves. Given how tight the writing's become I can imagine they don't want to fly in blind—they managed a miracle being able to actually fit the Kyle Katarn arc into Rogue One.

all y'all talkin' 'bout baby yoda and I'm like
Spoiler :
Pretty sure IG-11 will show up again. I recall seeing him alongside Cara Dune in one of the promo photos/videos.

After episode 3 though I'm kind of digging Paz Vizla.

But, Baby Yoda is still first in my heart! :love:

Pretty sure IG-11 will show up again. I recall seeing him alongside Cara Dune in one of the promo photos/videos.

After episode 3 though I'm kind of digging Paz Vizla.

But, Baby Yoda is still first in my heart! :love:
Episode 3 was truly great. Between "The Mandalorian" and "The Clone Wars," I may just have to get Disney+. I will watch more of "The Mandalorian."

This is the Way.

I recently rewatched Rogue One and it's even better than I remembered. It's by far my favorite Star Wars movie.

I have spoken.

I thought you were teetering on the edge of bankruptcy?

Well, you were posting in another thread that the world was about to end or some such situation.

Well, you did say that the usual suspects would read a lot of things into your post and I'm happy to oblige. :p

So Disney is painting the sides of buildings with ads for their upcoming Star Wars film, and chancellor Puppeteen is on them.

Way to keep it subtle, mang.

Episode 3 was truly great. Between "The Mandalorian" and "The Clone Wars," I may just have to get Disney+. I will watch more of "The Mandalorian."

This is the Way.

I recently rewatched Rogue One and it's even better than I remembered. It's by far my favorite Star Wars movie.

I have spoken.
So sayeth Pharaoh, so let it be done...

Rogue One is easily one of the best Star Wars movies... that final Vader sequence is... breathtaking... and fits so well with what comes next.

Growing up as a Star Wars kid, you always knew Vader was terrifying, but it was always implied rather than explicit... in the original three movies you always see him deliberate, or restrained, or muted, or losing, or obsequious, or outright sensitive/vulnerable. Even in the PT, his bloodlust is always implied rather than shown. But RO let us finally see him live-action as the invincible, unstoppable, heartless, killer we all were terrified of.

Episode 3 was truly great.
Episode 4 - Sanctuary was awesome as well. Bryce Dallas Howard did a fantastic job. And, I think Gina Carano had a great introduction as Cara Dune. There's so many little nods to the greater SW universe, from canon sources as well as Legends, in each episode. In fact, I startled everyone when I saw this little guy and jumped up screaming, "It's a Loth-cat! It's a Loth-cat!" :lol:

The only weak spot for me thus far has been the soundtrack. They've released individual OSTs for each episode so I've been able to listen to them in isolation. They're not bad, and I really enjoy the main theme, but for the most part the music seems decidedly non-SW.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Between "The Mandalorian" and "The Clone Wars," I may just have to get Disney+. I will watch more of "The Mandalorian."
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The amount of content for the cost is really a great deal, even more so if you jumped on the pre-release deals out there. I get ours for around $5/month for 2 years.
Same. Absolutely love it!
I have spoken.
Between this and "This is the way," looks like we have a replacement for the GoT "It is known." :lol:
So Disney is painting the sides of buildings with ads for their upcoming Star Wars film, and chancellor Puppeteen is on them.

Way to keep it subtle, mang.
There's really no reason to be subtle. Between the teaser poster, trailer, & TV spots; Disney's been shoving the return of the Emperor in our face for months now.

Last edited:
There's really no reason to be subtle. Between the teaser poster, trailer, & TV spots; Disney's been shoving the return of the Emperor in our face for months now.
Perhaps it's because of market saturation/franchise overexposure, but most people I know aren't that much interested in it so it hasn't quite registered.

I'm not happy about the decision to bring him back. It's utterly unimaginative, inexplicable, and boring. I wanted a sequel trilogy that respected the past while moving on into the future, but instead we got something that vandalizes the past while remaining stuck in a self-referential rut. We don't need this anymore. We have "The Mandalorian."

I have spoken.

I'm not happy about the decision to bring him back. It's utterly unimaginative, inexplicable, and boring. I wanted a sequel trilogy that respected the past while moving on into the future, but instead we got something that vandalizes the past while remaining stuck in a self-referential rut. We don't need this anymore. We have "The Mandalorian."

I have spoken.
Could have been interesting if Snoke was using a Force artifact to speak with Palpatine beyond the grave. But then they offed him randomly with no fanfare. To subvert expectations, see.

I figure they're trying to salvage the trilogy and make an acceptable action flick. So that's the expectation I'll have when I go see it: to be a passable action movie. That is not why I watch Star Wars, but... well...

Edit: Speaking of which, I have a ticket for a VIP theatre on New Year's Eve. I'll need to avoid spoilers for two weeks.

They didn't have much choice with Palpatine. They didn't have a villain.

Top Bottom