Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
They don't go into the physics of lightsabers in the movies, do they? You also have to start wielding a lightsaber without knowing how. Look at Luke in IV and the kids at the temple in the PT. You think those kids have any skill?

Now it is true that Finn does display skill, but the movies dont seem to distinguish ability in one sort of weapon or the other, possibly because in reality 'lightsabers' are quite sturdy rods attached to the handle, and this hardly weightless.

I am sure that you know about the EU and those diagram books which are awesome but completely ancillary and subordinate to the movies, which are the only Star Wars canon there is for 99% of the world.

But there isn't anything special about it like character development, world building, plot twists, clever dialogue, etc. Instead it's a guy going to a place and he does a thing and that is it, which doesn't interest me very much. Between this and how much I disliked RoS, I think I'm ready to move past Disney Star Wars. It's a shame because I loved Rogue One so much.
I'm willing to defer judgment in this respect until after Season 2. Taken together, the episodes felt like a drawn-out pilot: we get his personality, we get a bit of history, we establish the Series Villain, even if we're still not quite sure of the stakes. I've seen other shows that do something similar re. Season 1 is character intros and the long arc begins in earnest thereafter (ReBoot, Gravity Falls); given executive interference with all the other projects up to now, I wouldn't be surprised if Favreau was playing this softly to sate the higher-ups. With any luck they can run wild next season.

They don't go into the physics of lightsabers in the movies, do they? You also have to start wielding a lightsaber without knowing how. Look at Luke in IV and the kids at the temple in the PT. You think those kids have any skill?

Now it is true that Finn does display skill, but the movies dont seem to distinguish ability in one sort of weapon or the other, possibly because in reality 'lightsabers' are quite sturdy rods attached to the handle, and this hardly weightless.

I am sure that you know about the EU and those diagram books which are awesome but completely ancillary and subordinate to the movies, which are the only Star Wars canon there is for 99% of the world.
You have to start wielding a lightsaber without knowing how, of course, but neither Luke nor the younglings were pitted against a reasonably trained darksider when they first picked up the thing.

And about weight, I mentioned weightlessness in relation to the blade. There's a matter of balance. The wielder doesn't conventionally feel the entirety of the weapon like one would a regular sword or something.

Now, if one were to use the movies as sole point of reference, the new trilogy sets a precedence with Finn that either any random guy can effectively wield a lightsaber without chopping their own limbs off if the plot supports it, superhero movie style... or that he has massive Force potential and the whole trilogy ridiculously sidelined its importance. This being Disney, however, I wouldn't discount the possibility of there being a whole other trilogy centered on Finn in the future.

So you keep going ahead and assuming eight million things. You talk about hills to die on yet you are the one coughing up walls of text defending one tooth and nail.
The representation of black people in popular culture is a hill that I will gladly die on... every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Dude I warned you way back to quit while you were ahead... the fact that you elected to keep digging the hole is on you. I can "tolerate our disagreement" as long as you can.
And by the way, superhero movies practically have no internal rules: everything works according to the current plot's immediate requirements. If you think Star Wars is like a Marvel movie, that would be another point of disagreement.
As I've said previously I do think Star Wars movies are like Marvel movies. Putting aside all the make believe, heroes v. villains, religious mythology and the other substantive similarities... the bottom line is that they are both Disney franchises. As I've said previously... Star Wars is basically a Disney cartoon... just like Marvel. That's not really subject to any reasonable debate. The fact that you can't accept that Disney = Marvel = Star Wars is again, on you.

Last edited:
And about weight, I mentioned weightlessness in relation to the blade. There's a matter of balance. The wielder doesn't conventionally feel the entirety of the weapon like one would a regular sword or something.
Really? I was unaware lightsabers existed in real life, which would allow you to comment on the weight and balance of the weapon.

Just for the record, I have paid similar prices to the two-dollar viewing I got for this film for the earlier two numbered ones as well as Rogue One, so
Why would they necessarily need to point upwards? As I said, the SDs orientation in relation to the Resistance fleet cannot be determined from the footage. Ignoring things like gravitational curvature, firing straight could still hit an object in space. In any event, there's nothing in the dialogue that definitively confirms that the SDs can't reorient themselves about an axis, only they can't deploy w/o the navigational signal.

Yeah...so you agree with me...I guess.
Yes… I do agree with you that the battle is so badly planned, with so many inconsistencies, so little explained, that it is even hard to try to pin individual mistakes rather than whole series of ones. It's just conjecture at this point.
Laurana Kanan said:
FYI, it's Rian, not Ryan. I've read those reports and whether RJ was at the meetings or not isn't necessarily important. It's the lack of communication afterwards between JJ and RJ, and Disney and RJ that is the problem. It was the same problem with the Ranger Solo production. Disney gave Lord & Miller, like RJ, largely free reign to develop their movie, which ended up creating all kinds of story and production issues. So you end up with an inferior product and in the case of the ST, a disjointed mess.
There's obviously a lack of communication between the teams. Also, since all the films were shot together, or at least back-to-back (let us remember that Carrie Fisher died in 2016), it is obvious that they couldn't have actually been shot taking into account public/critical reception or even the actual theatrically released versions of them, so there's some ham-fisted editing and other post-production work shoved onto them.

I still have yet to watch the Solo film. But I'll take your word for it.
So I agree that Finn's story gets muddled somewhat, but I think that is more a consequence of the disjointed aspect of the trilogy as a whole. That is to say that if Abrams had done the whole thing or if Johnson had been allowed to finish it, there would have been more clarity for the story as a whole, which would have in-turn filtered down to all the main characters. I thought that both Finn and Poe's arc/growth as characters were very well done in TLJ alone. However, I disagree that Finn's trauma isn't shown. Not only does he talk about it, he repeatedly tries to run away, once even in the face of Rey's objections and then tries to martyr himself... all as a direct result of his trauma and fear/hatred for the FO.

I will admit that I would have like to have seen more of the interactions between Finn and Phasma, including some of the deleted scenes which I think were important to both characters and shouldn't have been taken out. The relationship between the two was implied to have been abusive, but they don't spend the screen time fleshing it out. For example, maybe TLJ could have started the movie off showing Finn in stormtrooper training getting mistreated by Phasma... maybe he accidently saw her with her helmet off and that made her especially hostile towards him... which would have had the added bonus of letting us actually see Gwendolyn Christie :)... then Finn wakes up suddenly from the nightmare/flashback, bumping his head on the hospital bed-cover. What do you think?

The Phasma-Finn dynamic was a wasted opportunity I think. They spend a good amount of time on Rey's trauma, feelings of abandonment, etc. They probably didn't want to use too much time on such a heavy topic as Finn's trauma, given that there were lazer battles and what not to shoot and there wasn't an as Force'ey way to do it like they did with Rey.
Finn-Phasma was definitely a ruined mechanic there. Phasma as a Disc 1 miniboss/starter boss to be killed after a meaningful fight in Ep. 8 would've been a good addition and your flashback sounds like a far better intro than the cringeworthy ‘General Hux’ comedy pest. I mean fest.

As an aside, I must point out that, for somebody who obviously likes magic, having such a problem with spelling is a bad sign.
Dude... its all make believe, so you've no idea what is the same as what. (…)

And so much about Star Wars is utter bullocks from a real-life/physics perspective (…)

Let me ask you this... were you bothered at all by the way Thor flicks Mjolnir up in the air, end-over-end and catches it like its a pencil in one scene, but then swings it with leverage like its a baseball bat in another? Did you ever even think about it? I'm guessing most folks didn't... because when you like a character and enjoy the movie, you don't get bogged down with such trivialities. Its only when you don't enjoy, that you start nit-picking every little trifle, to intellectualize your largely emotional dislike.
At least in my case yes, and that's one of the reasons why I would rather people stopped wasting money on Marvel and DC's comics.

a quick glimpse before the rant and let me tell people that each of these mass of anti-snubfighter batteries on a single stardestroyer fires a bolt of 60 kilotons power , each and every single bolt . Of course it's not so , but you can't expect much form Disney . People who have read the reddit link ? Please take your time , you might find this interesting .

Spoiler :

ı don't remember exactly where and exactly by whom , but some classmate in either Anatolian High or one of those university preparation study centers told me that he had tried to telekinetically make his bed in that morning but it hadn't happened . Could have been some recruitment drive even , like even when ı was a total fool , if not that a proper warning that ı was indeed hopeless if ı didn't do a thing for fix the mess ı was headed into , etc. etc. So , the Monday's post once again gets talked about , because apparently "ı am still alive" comment was found "offensive" . There's nothing in r16 posts that's of interest to the locals , if ı say anything to them , ı DO make that clear , that the thing is meant for them . ı was kicked out of some site at the exact post #400 and the fact is they were just ordinary people . Most of them were not trying to sell the F-35 ; nor they would read your posts to decide whether you were really asking for it to get killed . r16 nonsense , the best part of which was George Sho-ross was so a great man that he would fit in the jacket pocket of the likes of Henry Ford or Howard Hughes , instead of an handkerchief . 100% true , the two guys created a damned Nazi Party for WW II , outshining Sho-ross like millionfold . At most guilty of being ahead of the curve , now that the guy is no longer an hero of the West with the Colour Revolutions ; he is even a bad name in New Turkey , despite being like a financial contributor to the A-K-P back in the day . And even that would not be it , because ı will be the first to admit , maybe it was inappropriate or whatever , not exactly aware of the audience age and stuff .

am offensive to a number of people you would be hard pressed to believe , so ı don't know , perhaps it's more prudent to give up being offended ?

but then it has given me some keen sense , because idiots are idiots and broken clocks show the exact time twice each day . Assuming they are not digital , those can always run of battery power .

so , oh my , Abrams has been wronged , because he will go to some other studio and make Superman movies , because he is a genius in revitalizing dead franchises ! Not even my Alias fandom will let that pass . So , let him start with a Wonder Woman and let us all see whether he will manage to kill the one DC superhero who is not dead in ticket sales ... Oh my , there is even a cabal that cuts his choices off , deletes his preferences . So , he would make "fans happy" with like including Anakin Skywalker , dressed up and stuff . Sorry for Christiansen and acting gigs he would have lost , but this other world Ben Kenobi and Yoda lurk around is not -ı don't know- a bus station , people coming and going . There's a goddamn reason for a story group and indeed a limit to the number of creative choices these kingpins , movie moguls , heroic movie directors can make . Star Wars is a 'ing stupid love story , at least after the Phantom Menace , you get it ? Any part of it ? Nothing is left for Anakin to do , right ? Damn right , they did that . Even the voiceovers will go , because why , Mary Sue Rey Jesus can not do it alone ? One can always go and create a new Star Wars but not Star Wars , twice better , without the baggage , so , ı don't know , perhaps one should go and do ? So , we also hear he has his footage , dangling the director's cut . Okay , go and release that and let us all see whether you will manage to bring them out of the closet this time .

ı listen to Voice of Russia's Turkish language version and they had such joy in reporting the failure of IX , which barely made half of VII in its opening week , which was still like 12th or 14th biggest opening week of all movie history , 3rd biggest December release , such stuff , because Star Wars is some brand , that brings in people , it takes special effort to fail with it . Like even this country . Closed the laptop early on Monday , some channel to show the third nuTrek , the one they lose the fatso Enterprise . Guess what . This country is an "enemy" of America , defeating an American ordered coup , defeating America's economic attacks / speculations / terrorist boots on the ground / cultural imperialism . And the channel used to be "opposition" but it was bought by a company by Goverment supplied easy credit after Goverment's economic/legal pressure forced a sale and there's trouble with Iran and like hell that they remove the nuTrek and have this movie , North Koreans successfully occupying White House but failing to kill the American President or the heroic American cop , because our little brains should never doubt American omnipotence . OK , whatever . But in Star Wars Skywalkers win . Unhappy ? Tough luck , shouldn't have signed the papers in the first place .

so , prejudice ? ı have prejudice in spades . One of my favourite lines is about ISIL leaders being fggts who brag of having better hair than their supposed wives , and it happens to be true in a couple of cases , too . Am well aware that little mistakes (and big outcomes of them) are not easy , but in Turkish it's certainly colloquial or whatever that there's "jealousy" in people who can't fit in . Can't be men , not accepted as women ; bitterness being an immediate result , becomes an overall catchet for any moral failure . Also creating an impression that such persons will be backstabbing others . But then who would want to be a woman in such a world ? Screwed daily by the system and culture and immaturity that passes as Manhood and get screwed in bed , too ? The fight for equality of sexes can be so vexing at times ; ı learned it 40 years ago "Bayan" was the right thing ; combination of Miss/Mrs/Ms all the same , it's heavily attacked by the feminists these days because they want to be "Kadın" for woman ; because lack of a membrane doesn't make one a prstutite , and how am ı supposed to adress some woman ı don't know and stuff ? Still like "support" such efforts , because the lack of rights for the 50% of the society tends to create conditions to get one totally dead , irregardless of gender or belief .

which then totally amazes me , this fight of Disney to advance such rights . Lip service is great , naturally , considering all the mass media possibilities , but , say , Rose Tico is so troubling . As an imagined engineer , ı find some comic book of her a total disaster . Male or female , you gotta pay attention to your brakes , because you are more likely to be dead before you find and tame space-ostriches to RTB . And ignoring any male supervisor because males are liars will kinda cut your career as a female employee somewhat short . Have a long piece on that somewhere . What , you expected ı would be harping she's not a babe ? Oh-kay , let's talk about the babe , then . There has been an intense debate of Rey being Mary Sue . Which would naturally turn out to be the fault of Luke people , unaware that their boy was a mere Gary Stu . Anyhow , the web was alive with how she had everything easy ; some website had a thread of 13 pages on how to fix that , same with the thread they had on IX . (VIII's thread ran to 50 odd pages .) Oh , that's so easy to explain . Women have it easy , all they have to do is to spread their legs . All they need is to look good , hence fashionmodel like Rey doesn't get a single speck of dust . Onto glory and win ! Rose Tico is once again gray , the same(?) as the last one and she wins nothing . A rant of mine about VIII was Disney executives had never met a strong woman , they didn't know what was to be depicted . More discusion of VIII changed that into Disney executives had seen strong women and they were afraid of them so they were doing their best to prevent more strong women arising . IX changes that into a question whether there's not a single gay person in Hollywood to advise that they are not fggts who hate everything straight ?

some website above ? At one point , there's question about the director . Whether he is a racist . Khan is Indian in TOS , because (maybe) British Raj was still a thing in living memory back then and the way the Whites were superior . ı don't what it exactly means but "Sahib" always reminds me of "sahip" / owner in Turkish . So , some Indian proving to be a much superior specimen of Man , well , that's some scifi shock for the 1960s . Apparently played by an Hernandez in the 1980s , because of no doubt availability issues . Director guy then casts Cucumberpatch , because am an idiot that makes it harder to be spotted by random web searches by agents of stars and stuff , hence am yet to be sued by Hollywood . Is he a racist , because no White man can play second fiddle to a Brown ? Or is he wise , especially after 9/11 , as no Brown terrorist can be blowing up half of London and get away with it , because there can be a sequel and Khan has to be kept alive for this reason . Or is he still racist , showing White terrorists have the right to get away scot free ?

who is the hater ? Fans ? Or people who made all these ? Oh-kay , one by one . Leia Poppins is one fans try hard to rationalize , ı ignoooooreeeeee . Carry Fisher's untimely departure has saved her from a full Disney treatment . Mark Hamill's is best stated by James Kirk , after digging it from my previous ramblings :

<It's me Shatner. I just wanted to say hi, and tell you guys the last jedi indeed was bad. We have had this banter rivalry with Star Wars for ages, but this was the first time I saw Mark truly depressed about what they did with luke.

If they took Kirk made him a crying coward who sells out best friends and dies for nothing at all I suppose I would be mad too.>

so why does Harrison Ford get it so lightly ? Is he one of truly greats so that mistreating him would cause grief for Disney for ages ?. Is it because he despises Star Wars critters and tried hard to die at each movie ? Or is it because he is just a grumpy old one who would try hard to tear a new one in the movie makers if he was ever to discover how he might have been treated ? People have seen Poe suddenly becoming a smuggler and dumped by a woman , by the looks of it , at the hour of victory , after he had previously dumped her for some unknown guy Resistance . Only because Fisher's death created a gap that was ably filled by Ford . ı have no doubts that he was given a nice seat on set and stuff . And am ı the only one , obviously the very first one , to notice Han Solo's later ship takes Millenium Falcon in the mouth ? Yeah , that cargo barge "sucks" ? As Millennium Falcon is always a crowd pleaser . Am still a nice guy and the defence to that is when Space 1999 came out Lucas had to change the ship and he took a bite out of the hamburger and yes , this is homage .

ı would say it was early in the game and they saved Fisher for IX , because she was a woman and women can do nothing of importance and they meekly agree to anything . If the trio of old people , the "holy" cast of OT , had figured out what was to happen to their "reputation" . Abrams still "apes" Lucas , this time re-enacting American Graffiti and the way it was cut out by the Studio . But why all the hassle ? Why all the trouble , becoming the laughing stock of the web , this fake fight with Johnson ? Because Abrams was trying to tell something and evil cabals stopped him cold ? The two-bit George Lucas , despite all his Stardestroyers were CGI (excluding a couple of studio models from the 1980s) still managed to call George Dabya Bush , the US President of 9/11 , a Darth Vader . (That stung.) We are expected to have warm feelings for the sufferings of Abrams because his scene with the flying Stormtroopers was ruined , because as we all know , they were ion propulsion dudes and ILM added rocket smoke and rocket noise , because they obviously wouldn't be doing this triology BS ever again , paying Abrams back for his efforts . Come on , that's nothing when compared to Ned Beatty(?) squeling .

because this one is for the history books perhaps ? Disney heroically trying to make a movie of oppressed people during the Middle Age Darkness of the Trump years . Except filming of VII began in 2013 and we will have no discussion on why the UAE paid top dollars to be Jakku either . But Abrams doesn't know much about gays or whatever and subscribes to the a worldview that they are all jeaolus losers who hate straights . Specifically women because as gays they were born with "that" and have pay money to get "it" . All of it nicely covered by some guy on the web (with so many Russian letters as his name) calling Boyega a woman hater and Boyega calling him an idiot . Full of lessons on how the straights oppress non-straights and how everything will be allright if stallions were freed to hang that free , kids will suddenly realize their full potential , as the very end of VIII , because the prequel era kids are having their own kids and kids suddenly take over your life and become the center you plan the future for ... See , there's nothing excess or misunderstood in Disney's AGT ! Nor one director ignoring the lead left by the previous ! It delivered its "offer of peace" ! There might be Jedi in the future and promise they won't be gay or similarly second class by being women . Also urging , ı don't know , so what if he also turns out to be preferring guys ? Using the American Right on people is a crime against Humanity on par with the landmines , but do the good people of America know that full potential involves witchcraft and paganism , with the floating broom ? Despite Disney's trolls having used that line to cover their tracks ? (Before ı get a full drubbing from the Stuntwoman , let me stress am so charitable that the defence to that it is a hermetic reference to Star War's convulated past , so like totally an homage ...)

note for newcomers : Stuntwoman is just a stunt and ı truly love the link provided on some previous page . So , Abrams with a brief to make a better IV , now claims he didn't make the whole Starkiller thing for VII , and ı wasn't aware his Romulan mining ship was 9 kilometers long and looks far bigger than the Executor and all the visuals are not carried from nuTrek to mark nuWars as his very own . Using a Reddit group established to be critical of Disney's triology to rise above the murk ... Superb , he even claims he had more Rose Tico , but Disney cut it , as if no one will come understand the actress was only chosen for her nationality , because her on and offscreen humiliation will do away with an original sin of George Lucas , explaining the Rebels as spaceVietcongs , raising to its height on Endor , them Ewoks . A through reading of two saved pages provide the stunner about Rey's parentage was clear right from the beginning because playing appropriate music ... Dead wrong , as she would fall because she was straight and guys would fix it , destroying the entire range of Jedi-Sith duality with their victory (Finn with the lightsaber ! He is not just "that" !! ____ Fill in the blank for 3 exclamation marks ...) because love will find a way and love conquers all . ı dunno why you didn't leak this instead ...

would be amazing movie history , calling Han Solo soft in the first movie , because ship , Holdo taking his place , all preparing us damned losers to end up truly devastated , in sobs , too , by the end of IX ... See , there are very good reasons to keep people out of moviemaking processes . Especially Fleet personnel .

As I've said previously I do think Star Wars movies are like Marvel movies. Putting aside all the make believe, heroes v. villains, religious mythology and the other substantive similarities... the bottom line is that they are both Disney franchises. As I've said previously... Star Wars is basically a Disney cartoon... just like Marvel. That's not really subject to any reasonable debate. The fact that you can't accept that Disney = Marvel = Star Wars is again, on you.
That's perfect. If you can't perceive the genre differences between, let's say, The Expanse, Star Wars, Avengers and The Little Mermaid, I'll leave it there. It's all chaos devoid of rules of any kind to you. There's no point in debating anything if you'd be content Finn hurled a Star Destroyer with his bare hands next, because it's all "make believe", right? Anything goes and every form of plausibility is to be left on the side of the road. End of story.

Really? I was unaware lightsabers existed in real life, which would allow you to comment on the weight and balance of the weapon.
Again, issues differentiating fantasy and science fiction, plausibility and realism. Perhaps read up on it.

There's no point in debating anything if you'd be content Finn hurled a Star Destroyer with his bare hands next

a very wrong thing to say because he would and we would be all racists . Reddit link where Abrams says Lucas's ghosts came and ate the scene and added the good droid that stands in for Artoo to fix things .

That's perfect. If you can't perceive the genre differences between, let's say, The Expanse, Star Wars, Avengers and The Little Mermaid, I'll leave it there. It's all chaos devoid of rules of any kind to you. There's no point in debating anything if you'd be content Finn hurled a Star Destroyer with his bare hands next, because it's all "make believe", right? Anything goes and every form of plausibility is to be left on the side of the road. End of story.
LOLs... and you were the one who claimed you were trying to "preempt strawmanning" only to drop this giant strawman into the thread. Strawmanning of course is the predictable resort of a person who recognizes that they don't have any valid rebuttal to the points actually being made... so they start fabricating points to project onto the other party that they'd rather argue against.

As others have observed. If you just make up imaginary subjective rules in your own mind to govern the make-believe Star Wars universe then declare a Star Wars character poorly made because they didn't live up to your arbitrary rules, you're going to get some pushback on that. Star Wars is make-believe, and make-believe requires a high degree of suspension of disbelief. People are less willing to do so when they have, for whatever reason, preemptively decided to dislike a character/film/etc. This is exactly what is going on with you and Finn, and all your posts have borne this out.

Oh and BTW I thought you said you were done with this conversation:
I think this discussion has exhausted its value.
LOLs guess not... But as I've observed previously on these threads... when a person starts saying stuff like this, all they really mean is that they're out of valid arguments and they just want to have the last word.

Last edited:
LOLs... and you were the one who claimed you were trying to "preempt strawmanning" only to drop this giant strawman into the thread. Strawmanning of course is the predictable resort of a person who recognizes that they don't have any valid rebuttal to the points actually being made... so they start fabricating points to project onto the other party that they'd rather argue against.

As others have observed. If you just make up imaginary subjective rules in your own mind to govern the make-believe Star Wars universe then declare a Star Wars character poorly made because they didn't live up to your arbitrary rules, you're going to get some pushback on that. Star Wars is make-believe, and make-believe requires a high degree of suspension of disbelief. People are less willing to do so when they have, for whatever reason, preemptively decided to dislike a character/film/etc. This is exactly what is going on with you and Finn, and all your posts have borne this out.

Oh and BTW I thought you said you were done with this conversation:
LOLs guess not... But as I've observed previously on these threads... when a person starts saying stuff like this, all they really mean is that they're out of valid arguments and they just want to have the last word.
You have been deciding what I think and repeating the same, long-debunked points over and over pretending you're effectively debating ever since our very first exchange.

I have been repeatedly trying to disengage yet you continue to engage me. Good luck to you. :goodjob:

Last edited:
You have been deciding what I think and repeating the same, long-debunked points over and over pretending you're effectively debating ever since our very first exchange.

I have been repeatedly trying to disengage yet you continue to engage me. Good luck to you. :goodjob:
I haven't been deciding what you think. I've been pointing out what you've said, in many cases quoting you directly and making reasonable inferences based on your words. For example, you stated that Finn character was undeveloped, but then you tried to handwaive the fact that you forgot an entire scene where he wields a lightsaber... which also undermines your point about his lack of experience with the weapon when he was trying to defend Rey from Kylo Ren. He'd already wielded the weapon in combat earlier in the film, so he had actual on-screen prior combat experience with the lightsaber by the time he fought Kylo Ren.

But you didn't notice that because you weren't paying close attention to Finn, since according to your own words, you'd already dismissed him as a character that was only in the film "just to have the (black) race represented"... and because "Star Wars needed more black characters I guess *shrugsmiley*." So that's you being wrong on two counts and two cases of you contradicting your own position, with your own words. I'm not putting words in your mouth or deciding what you think. I'm accurately portraying your words and positions and you just don't like what you're seeing in the mirror. Truth hurts.

Another example, is that I've quoted two of your posts now claiming that the conversation had "exhausted its value" and now that you are "trying to disengage" and contrasting it with the reality that you keep on responding, from which I can reasonably infer that you don't actually want to stop responding.

Last edited:
How can you want to stop responding when somebody is wrong on the Internet?

Again, issues differentiating fantasy and science fiction, plausibility and realism. Perhaps read up on it.
He's a trained soldier who is also a Hero, and almost certainly Force Sensitive (if that is a Thing outside of the Expanded Universe).
Seems good to me as far as plausibility goes.

I'm probably going to do a full rewrite of the whole Star Wars series as a joke/exercise. It'll be a harder scifi verse.
DarthsandDroids already exists, but even so, today I was walking home and thinking of how I wish I could re-do the new trilogy with things such as Sommerswerd's input.

Yeah, I know, but there's always an arrangement that can be made.

DarthsandDroids already exists, but even so, today I was walking home and thinking of how I wish I could re-do the new trilogy with things such as Sommerswerd's input.
Even though I've vehemently defended the ST on these threads, I have to admit that the (mis)handling of Phasma in general, but even moreso in her relationship to Finn, was a YUGE per-peeve for me.

As I've said before...what I was really hoping for, was for her to return, sans-helmet, avec-scarred eye (in the spot where Finn broke her visor), with a cover-story that her cool armour was fireproof, with breathing apparatus and had somehow saved her from death in TLJ... alas... no such luck.

Top Bottom