1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Star Wars

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Sith or Jedi?

1. Sith

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Jedi

42 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

I liked the film. I just did not like the comedic setup.

2. r16

r16 not deity

those in off-topic will remember ı have some saved thread pages from 2014 and 15 on my laptop and keep checking them to say something silly on their anniversary - their reason being ı had lot's of space on the harddisc back then . 5 years ago yesterday ı had some pictures of "Prisoner of Bogan" and "Force War" . Comics of events at 7000 BBY . It's a forcesaber back then , you light it up with Hate (no power on/off button) and it needs Hate to keep shining , ı would say it's purple . And Rakatans , evil human flesh eaters and suckers of your life energy to power their starships ?

people talk of Rey's lastest lightsaber , that it's colour is just personal taste . If it's not Red . ı had seen the same colour on Templeguards during Ahsoka's trial when she was framed . Yes , you guessed right . Rey has the same colour and she opens in a different way , 'cause Girlz do thingz different ! ı was somewhat surprised that it looked kinda big for her hand , too . If she turns Infinite Empire in the next triology , her Death Star must be forks . Kitchen forks and millions of them as Bigger and More and then Somemore . She will teleport them , one to each planet and blow up the whole galaxy at once ... And it's fully viable , because ı distinctly remember a Superman comic in which the guy turns rogue and has one of these huge metal thing stuck in the ground , something of a Y letter . When he goes supersonic supermanic between the upper part , the vibrations due to shock waves shake earth and a couple more of those forks and he will destroy earth .

also if Finn and Poe become a Force thing and need lightsabers and they come and dig up those on Tatooine , ı promise the penal facility in the astreoid belt . Lack of gravity helps double packing the rooms and if you think that rock off San Fransisco was famous , you won't be seeing seagulls . Actually not even stars , because spacewindows cost too much ... You know , along the lines Finn had already usurped Luke's and what will Poe will do , remain empty handed ? Now that Luke and Leia had once kissed , you know .

3. Takhisis

I found a little article on a translation of what the text on the Sith dagger on SW says.

Oh, and also:

4. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Soooooo...
    Spoiler :
    “Reanimated the dead Sith Overlord on Exegol. He is the Eternal One.”
    Spoiler :
    Palps is Cthulhu?

5. Takhisis

No.
    Spoiler :
    Cthulhu merely sleeps.

6. r16

r16 not deity

saw the third nuTrek on TV . As almost 50 and long past the age to care , because who would ever care for Trek , ı had no heart attacks or whatever . You could even call that fun . So , the nuKirk asks the 1-star admiral to promote him to 3-star admiral so that he can replace her as the commander of the marble of starbase . Which is like built as a marble as a nice joke and filled with civilians because the movie needs to put civvies in danger to build up the tension . Then some emergency and oh my the fatso Enterprise is still the most powerful ship in the fleet because they are still building up after the Romulan affair in the first one ! So much that nuKirk has already lived a year more than his father and all his service life was as a captain and has even become bored , can you believe dat ?

marble is smaller than the Death Star ı would say , but outdoing-Episode- VI happens through the entire fatso docking inside it and some action scene . They have trains like Solo had and they probably have more reason to twist while going around than Solo's . So , emergency happens , we have this nice thing about Alien facehuggers , we have scavenger girl on planet who has a long stick to kick alien backside . We have "let the girl do it!" , we have Saldana having the last word , possibly along the lines of "Boldly going where no person has gone before" , because it's naturally dubbed on TV . We have actually working homage to Leonard Nimoy and the old crew . Even out of the closet thing works without a hitch , apparently due to George Takei in RL and stuff . Blink and it's gone , look for it and it would look so normal if you were not heterosexual . Has none of the fake heroism in Disney's AGT .

and yes , we have the swarm thing as realised with Stardestroyers in the IX . We have vulnerable frequencies thing , vulnerability in command and control , impossibly long living zombie aliens who no doubt suck the life-force of the others , motorbike action in a scifi movie and yet another claim of rock music being against the Abrahamic religions' thinking because they work against the Judgement Day . Oh-kay , do not get started on how many rocker chicks ı know , because it's an internal joke of sorts and did ever tell you ı hate and curse the Stuntwoman ? Actually wonder why that wasn't happening with the take-off antennas in IX , you know Finn and Poe and a few drums and a couple of guitars ...

and more yes as in the starbase builds a new fatso for Nukirk , ı don't know in 30 or 60 seconds flat ! And doesn't he heroically give up being an admiral to return to the stars !

you people remember the famous JJ social media post which showed the farm on Tatooine on a Star Trek webpage ? That's just about when he learned the franchise would be turned over to him , no matter what . And one can "perhaps" make a comparision of the three movies on one side and three movies on the other ... because GL didn't know anything and the first 6 were left for losers to fondly remember and be also buried down under ? Oh my , people are even defending the Prequels these days . And this is a SW post on the ST roots of the latest triology and it avoids hurting any ST fan by not being in a place to be immediately seen and the like .

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

:eekdance: It's going to be a long month...

Clubber Lang, Imaus and Synsensa like this.
  8. Takhisis

IMPORTANT QUESTION.
    Should the following image:

become part of CFC's own roster of smileys?

9. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Well duh of course.

10. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

+1

TBH we should have a whole suite of Star Wars themed smileys... and the fact that we don't is a shameful effrontery to god and nature and a travesty of the highest order :gripe:

11. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

I'm really looking forward to the final Clone Wars season. I'm trying to go in cold, though, so I have no idea what any of it is like. I'm hoping that the art and voice acting will be nigh-identical to the original series.

Maybe I should resubscribe next week to Disney+ and then binge the show before.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  12. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I really liked the Clone Wars show for the first few seasons, but it started to bore me after a while and I couldn't keep watching it... It just seemed too repetitive and drawn out. Maybe I will take another go at it, since I've read that it gives you much more of an appreciation for Ep 3.

13. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

We started rewatching it this week. 121 episodes + the movie so it's going to take a few weeks. :lol: Keep in mind that not all the episodes are meant to be watched in sequential order. Here's the official watch order. As far as the art, I know they've updated the character models, which look fantastic from the trailer. I don't know how much voice work has been recorded or re-recorded, but I do know a lot was already recorded before the end of season 6.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  14. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Chieftain

New Clone Wars is going to be a marvelous treat.
    More Ventress, Maul and Ashoka...hell yeah!

-----

Colin Treverrow ROS concept pictures, some interesting stuff -

https://imgur.com/a/lX9JG8F

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Imaus likes this.
  15. Takhisis

The Obi-Wan series starring Ewan McGregor has been suspended ‘indefinitely’.

16. Synsensa

Praise be to Kathleen Kennedy.

17. Takhisis

Oh, dear…

Leaked alternate script for Star Wars 9 confirmed to be real

The film was almost very, very different
    Spoiler spoilers galore :

The script for Colin Trevorrow’s Star Wars film, which was scrapped in favour of JJ Abrams’s The Rise of Skywalker, has been confirmed to be real.

Jurassic World director Trevorrow stepped down from the project in September 2017 after reportedly clashing with Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy.

Following its leak, fans perused the leaked script to see which direction the Star Wars franchise would have gone in had Trevorrow stayed on as director.

Disney never commented on the reports, but Trevorrow has now confirmed the leak’s legitimacy – and his ideas were wildly different to Abrams’s (spoilers for The Rise of Skywalker below).

Firstly, the script reveals the film’s original title and opening crawl, which you can find here.

Concept art of his film also leaked with one photo showing R2-D2 looking worse for wear. Was he planning to kill the droid? The director has made it clear on Twitter this was never part of his plan.

The most interesting aspect from the leaked screenplay, which was co-written by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, is the absence of Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) who, save for a mention in the breakdown, doesn’t appear to feature in the film.

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) would have had a far darker arc than he had in The Rise of Skywalker. According to the script, he would have spent the film “haunted” by the ghost of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) in Darth Vader’s old castle. There, he would have found a Sith device that put him on the path to Palpatine’s Sith teacher, Tor Valum.

Trevorrow also wrote it so that it’s revealed Ren killed Rey’s parents who were, in fact, nobody important to the franchise after all.

After the Force Ghosts of Luke, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda return to help Rey in her attempts to bring Ren to the good side, he is “extinguished”.

Just like Abrams, Trevorrow didn’t envision that Rey and Kylo kiss, either. According to recent reports, Abrams was left unsatisfied by several orders made by Disney in relation to his finished film.

Other things that would have undoubtedly scored praise from fans include: a heist story arc for BB-8 and Rose Tico (meaning Kelly Marie Tran, who received just 76 seconds of screen-time in The Rise of Skywalker, would have had a far bigger role to play), Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) piloting an X-Wing and Finn (John Boyega) and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) stealing a Star Destroyer.

Abrams’s The Rise of Skywalker, released last month, has divided critics and audiences, with some highlighting the movie’s sense of adventure and others criticising it for its moments of fan service.

Consequently, the film has a critical score of 54 per cent on review aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes – one of the lowest for any movie in the long-running Star Wars franchise. Its audience score sits at 86 per cent, though, which is 43 per cent higher than the score amassed by Rian Johnson’s previous Star Wars film, The Last Jedi.

A full breakdown of Trevorrow’s alleged leaked script can be found on Reddit.

Abrams recently revealed what he believes to be the answer to one of The Rise of Skywalker’s biggest mysteries: what Finn was about to say to Rey before getting sucked into the quicksand in Pasaana.

Find a list of every unexpected cameo in the film here.

18. Synsensa

That sounds worse than what TRoS ended up being.

Imaus likes this.
  19. Takhisis

The opinions over at Reddit are divided, to say the least.

20. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

One the one hand, when has Colin Trevorrow not written drivel? On the other hand, Chris Terrio wrote Batman v Superman. Plus Palpy stays dead. That's a very strong plus.