1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Star Wars

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Sith or Jedi?

1. Sith

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Jedi

42 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Do they say in what capacity?

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Likely head of LucasFilms or whatever position Kathline Kennedy has at the moment. I had to go with Cosmic Book New's source since they wern't tripping the mediabiasfactcheck.com filter (There is an article on Bounding to Comics, but I'm skeptical about that and I don't want to fall into another trap).
    Though, I'd take it with a grain of salt and not break out the party balloons just yet until the Mouse says it's official down in the future.

3. Synsensa

A leashed George Lucas would be a major improvement over Kennedy. I hope it's true.

GenMarshall likes this.
  4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I take it with a huge dose of skepticism. Those rumors have been swirling around the fandom since it was revealed GL came back and did some consulting on Ranger Solo back in 2018. As much as I would love a return of GL in some capacity, I'd much rather have Favreau fill the LFL president slot if indeed KK "moves on".

GenMarshall likes this.
  5. Synsensa

I could live with this too. Or Filoni, although I would hate to lose Filoni on the ground floor.

Laurana Kanan and GenMarshall like this.
  6. Laurana Kanan

Indeed, we all know what happened when he took a backseat/producer type role on Resistance. :cringe:

I really recommend watching the 8-part making of doc of The Mandalorian. You really get a sense in the roundtable discussions of Favreau being in control and on top of things, and Filoni showing a real depth of knowledge, reverence, and understanding of the source material. I would love to see those two and all the S01 directors take on and steer the bulk of the franchise going forward.

7. r16

r16 not deity

a messy thing indeed but he has actually enjoyed a life without the pressures of doing Star Wars .

8. GenMarshall

I have a hunch while he may not like the direction Kathline Kennedy has taken his creation. I know he is enjoying his retirement.

9. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Rumors are being mongered that Disney-Lucasfilm is talking to both Billy Dee Williams and Donald Glover about appearing as Lando Calrissian in a Disney+ series.

10. Synsensa

Just give us Obi-Wan pls

Thorvald of Lym and GenMarshall like this.
  11. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Just give it to Noelle Stevenson.

12. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

It's easy to envision all of these Star Wars shows being different genres and whatnot. In my mind, Lando is an action-comedy crime caper, like Ocean's Eleven or Maverick with James Garner; and Obi-Wan would be more like Kung Fu (EDIT: actually, screw that, Obi Wan should be more like a Chinese 'wuxia' story - blend martial arts with The Force).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  13. GenMarshall

One Obi-Wan, coming up ;).

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  14. r16

r16 not deity

ı also reject Kathleen Kennedy being the reason for the recent disasters or films or whatever . Am the biggest George Lucas apologist you people will ever see , was willing to take his word that Kennedy was good and trustworthy . Do not fall into a trap of Disney wishing to destroy the franchise for some reason and thus Kennedy must be the sole reason . One should surely wonder why she hasn't been able to inject some Mary Sue or whatever into Mandalorian , which ı am yet to see even for once but seems to be Star Wars to many .

and Team Abrams might have learnt to shut up for a while , so ı would also like some Ben Kenobi stuff but this Doctor Aphra disaster of making those two clowns in the Mos Eisley cantina into galactic criminals should be immediately fixed .

15. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Directed by Zhang Yimou

16. GenMarshall

If there's two actors for Lando, my gut feeling there's gonna be some flashback segments in the cards.

17. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Good heavens! Are you still trying to win?

Sommerswerd and GenMarshall like this.
  18. Synsensa

19. Laurana Kanan

Other than the Rebels sequel, which has been rumored since last year (and Filoni hinted at), I have my doubts about Maul, Qi'ra, etc. until some of the more mainstream fan sites start reporting on it. But, I would definitely love to see more of Crimson Dawn and the SW criminal underworld since the Ranger Solo sequel is essentially dead.

What is for sure, however, is that Disney announced yesterday that the next movies have been pushed back a year to Dec. 22, 2023, Dec. 19, 2025, and Dec. 17, 2027.

Synsensa likes this.
  20. GenMarshall

If they're going to do a sequel sequence. I'd honestly prefer them to air them during the late spring/early summer and not during a showing of a blockbuster movie like the avengers.