1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Star Wars

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Sith or Jedi?

1. Sith

30 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Jedi

43 vote(s)
    58.9%
  1. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

A week? Try 3-4 days. And maybe even less, I can't really remember. I seem to remember watching Solo very recently... but this holiday break has been a bit of a haze

2. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Well.

Out with it, then.

Thoughts?

3. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Rebels was great. I like the characters, but there aren't any Rebels characters I liked as much as Ahsoka from the Clone wars, so I liked the episodes where she showed up even more. I liked what they did with Ezra's character overall, "the blind jedi" was good, all the vader moments were pretty good, seeing Kenobi was a bit fun, Thrawn episodes were good for the most part.. I think there was a yoda episode in there too maybe? Overall I liked how they sort of showed us the evolution of 1 terrorist cell into one that can be used for attacks against the empire in larger operations with other cells, etc. w/ a bunch of clone wars reference episodes in there too. Some of the characters flipping was good too, and overall a fun watch from start to finish. The one sort of minor downside is the lack of a strong character like ahsoka, but then again it did not include annoying characters like jar jar.

Rebels lead up right up to rogue one and then a new hope very nicely. Although a lot of parts in A New Hope now seem like deepfakes to me, fake star wars made by fans made to look like it was made in the 70s. Mind you a really well done fan film using the world's best deepfake technology, w/ really obvious star wars jokes

Synsensa likes this.
  4. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Just finished watching Episodes 5-8

I gotta say I think I enjoyed the sequel trilogy more this time around by pretending that it's a clone wars/rebels set of episodes. A lot of weird stuff happens on those shows that makes the stuff that happened in the movie more plausible.. Plus a lot of characters fell into place and it was just a more enjoyable experience. It's still a flawed trilogy to me, but there's a lot of great stuff there, and I'm glad I went through the effort of watching everything chronologically as it made the ride a lot more interesting.

5. r16

r16 not deity

hmpft , bored with having nothing to do , so let's have pictures .

Spoiler :

some forum ı discovered while looking for some spacefreighter . Possibly supported by Lucasarts stuff , it is about RPG , here probably meaning role playing games , a thing ı have never partaken in . Apparently they come together and have pictures and stuff to act , might involve the throw of the dice as well .

this leads the pack and it might have been seen before . Also because it somehow disappeared in the folder ı had placed it in the tablet , might be due to ı had changed the name , you know to find it easier ...

nunchaku.jpg

ı remember those things . When ı was small and Kung Fu movies were all the rage and every teenager in the neighbourhood had one . My brother did one , because ı think it was also the late 70s with everything going worse , everyday . He decided -naturally- it wasn't worth it , without true dedication . Am pretty sure ı knocked myself on the head , at least once ...

effort can pay off , even when it involves hostility . We all know the role model and his supreme self-confidence , because the guy could actually push up on his single digit finger stuff or something . And also some suitable time against Mary Sueism that has taken control of the movie world recently ...

jake-murray-jakemurray-ardenlyn-logo.jpg

this one ı will believe , because she looks like real , and make-up doesn't keep shining . Not an allegation that girls can not because they are physically weak but this one can because she has a metal arm . lt is just the conviction to keep up , even if things can go wrong , just about in a second .

shuo-shi-15-1.jpg

should be okay , being inside a spoiler . Because the current crop of movies are not empowering girls . They turn girls into shiny objects , so much glorious that their inevitable conquerors must be so above the average . Well , there is nothing glorious about fighting . This is why ı have so much to like in the next one .

room-8-studio-starwarsselfeducation-wip13-1.jpg

it is no game ! Even if the Star Wars franchise is set up right from the start - that the size matters not . Not at all . There was no need of this in your face attitude ... Because the power depended on one's connection to the Force , not to gender or anything like that ...

4e745a51a2f69706dae7d52498aaa514.jpg

you know with the attendant hand move , come on , what's keeping you ... There should never be anything like that , ever , again . (Well , people expect stuff that either makes sense or possibly might do so , or something ; would be like gross just to post them . And actually discovered the lost picture , ı was wrong about the day ı had downloaded it . They are closing that forum , ı am going through two threads to pick up as many pictures as ı can)

Synsensa likes this.
  6. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

One thing I don't like is that the Sith tend to usually have some sort of a mask or some sort of a face thing going on. I mean, there's Palpatine who just wears a hoodie, but all these mofos are sporting cranial accessories. Mix it up a bit! Not every other Sith needs a metal mask

7. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

That was the point of Kylo Ren smashing his helmet, but then he reforged it in the first sequence of the next movie...

8. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

It's like becoming Sith comes with an uncontrollable urge to put something on your face and/or head

And don't forget the dark cloak.

9. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Well you can't argue with a black cloak. Bad guys have been wearing black hats since the beginning of cinema.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  10. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

I remember how The Fairly Odd Parents spoofed the black cloaks long before Disney!Star Wars had been brewed up in hell.

11. r16

r16 not deity

darkness involves a lot of ego , especially of the leader . Accordingly a cloak will make you look bigger and masks make underlings disappear . Palpatine wore a cloak because he had to remain unknown during the holonet transmissions . Did he ever have a mask ? Snoke would wear a mask only when he was serving Palpatine . Kylo Ren and his fixation with Darth Vader is an aberration of sorts ; and the mask repaired at Episode lX serves the double purpose of him finally turning to light because he is like no longer ashamed who he was or is , no more necessary to wear it . And the relevant sizes : Babu Frik is tiny , while his First Order counterpart (fixing the mask) is dark and huge and a gorilla or whatever .

12. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

Begun the new cannon era -

-----------------

tjs282 likes this.
  13. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

LucasArts is back under it's original name -

GenMarshall likes this.
  14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

From the above quoted article:
    All I can say is :lol:. "Critics" may like it, but the fandom reaction is decidedly mixed to negative thus far on the overall High Republic era. With the chapters I've read of Light of the Jedi and The High Republic comic, I feel somewhat neutral as the story isn't particularly engaging.

15. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

So, while it's probably useful to consolidate vidjagame development under an in-house studio, is LucasArts really "back"? It's one thing to crib a legacy name for PR, but what happened to the original team once it shuttered? When EA killed Westwood, most of the staff reorganized as Petroglyph, so there was cultural continuity, but it's been eight years since LucasArts was pared down to a licensor. If Disney has to assemble a brand-new team with a brand-new office structure, there's gonna be teething troubles.

EDIT: It is just PR, they're not bringing back the studio. :(

"I sell beskar and beskar accessories."
    — Jon Favreau, probably

Clubber Lang likes this.
  16. r16

r16 not deity

doesn't Firaxis bring back Microprose or Simtex or whatever ? Am scared of playing this MOO l clone , because it would entail loading stuff into the laptop , but surely a hand to that would be uber cool .

17. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

haha

-------------------------------------------------------

New SW games on the way -

An open world story driven Bounty Hunter game could be promising, wish Rockstar would make a SW game.

There's also a possibility of games being based on or tie-in to the new upcoming SW shows.

Has there ever been any good SW mods/scenarios for Civ' ever?
    Would be awesome, if someone would make an in-depth Star Wars scenario/mods for Civ' 6.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  18. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

The two I know best are Star Wars: Insurrection (Civ2, MGE/ToT) and The Mod Awakens (Civ3). Star Contact (see MGE link) had a Part 2 that crossed over with Star Trek, but I never played much of it.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  19. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is free on Epic Games Store right now:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/star-wars-battlefront-2/home

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Maskless Kylo Ren was just another thing that was too subversive and put fans in their feelings... so like so much else for EP 9, they put it back where it was so that people would stop being triggered.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.