Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
It's like becoming Sith comes with an uncontrollable urge to put something on your face and/or head

And don't forget the dark cloak.
The other thing that helmets/masks on characters do, is allow Disney more versatility in having the live characters walk around the park without having to fuss about with getting a person who actually looks like the actor/character, or is even the same gender, like they have to do with the Disney Princesses. Masked characters basically operate as "furries" who anyone can play.

FTR, Lord Dooku didn't wear a mask, helmet, hood, or headpiece of any kind. Nor did Ventress or Darth Maul... although with those two they have alien color faces so any actor playing them would have to wear facepaint, which kind operates as a mask when presented IRL. But for the purposes of the main in-universe issue, they are maskless.

each time a maskless villain appears he/she operates as the main baddie or something . And Expanded Universe had tons of maskless Sith as well .

would love to , if was possible for me to be involved ... But the expanded universe has the story of Zayne Carrick , with like some rouge jedi , which then led to Celeste Morne and her prolonged contest with Karness Muur , ı like totally abhor the final episode's guest hero but the comics across different eras were brought together by a fan in 2008 and it happens to be a good read . lt should be possible to find them in order or whatever even if Muur was still the only bad one across the board

images-3.jpg

I want to see
Spoiler :
of them.

Give us a Sith who wears a nice suit or a dress or whatever (on screen, not just in the novels or what have you). That black emo with a mask look is boring
Here's one... not at all emo and wearing a nice suit... as requested

and another
Spoiler :
and another
Spoiler :
Hmmmm... thinking about it... its really just Vader (who needs the mask to breathe) and Kylo Ren (who's clearly just imitating Vader) who actually wear masks... none of the other Sith shown on-screen, either in the movies or the cartoons, wear a mask... unless you count Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet :mischief:... but even then he's just another Vader imitator.

Last edited:
unless you count Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet :mischief:... but even then he's just another Vader imitator.
And, iirc, he couldn't breathe in that thing.

Palpatine also never wore a mask. Unless you mean it metaphorically.

And, iirc, he couldn't breathe in that thing.

Palpatine also never wore a mask. Unless you mean it metaphorically.
Yeah, like I said it was really just the 2 guys, Vader and Kylo Ren... so I think @warpus you've been fact-checked buddy. Headgear for Sith wasn't ever actually a thing. Another thing... Plo Koon is a Jedi Master and he actually wears a mask all the time.

And hoods don't count, because all the Jedi have hoods too, and are repeatedly shown wearing them on screen. The very first time we see a Jedi in all of Star Wars, he's wearing a hood. Luke even wears a black one when he arrives at Jabba's place.

Last edited:
Yeah, like I said it was really just the 2 guys, Vader and Kylo Ren... so I think @warpus you've been fact-checked buddy. Headgear for Sith wasn't ever actually a thing. Plus, now that I'm thinking about it some more... Plo Koon is a Jedi Master and he actually wears a mask.

And hoods don't count, because all the Jedi have hoods too, and are repeatedly shown wearing them on screen. The very first time we see a Jedi in all of Star Wars, he's wearing a hood. Luke even wears a black one when he arrives at Jabba's place.
Luke was the real Sith.

Plus, now that I'm thinking about it some more... Kylo Ren didn't wear a mask for any full movie. He ditches it halfway through TFA, doesn't wear it at all in TLJ, and only wears it for the middle of TRoS... And I never really got into "Rebels", but a couple of the Inquisitors wear a mask or helmet I believe, but they aren't Sith lords as I understand it , they are more like Sith employees that have red lightsabers .

So Vader is really the only Sith Lord/Apprentice for whom the mask is a constant... and even Vader takes it off a couple times. And Anakin actually officially becomes Vader, before donning the mask, so we do get a good bit of screen time with a maskless Vader.

But @warpus you're right that having him smash the mask, then put it back together but have it look a little different means that they've got even more different versions of mask/toys that they can sell.

Plus, now that I'm thinking about it some more... Kylo Ren didn't wear a mask for any full movie. He ditches it halfway through TFA, doesn't wear it at all in TLJ, and only wears it for the middle of TRoS... And I never really got into "Rebels", but a couple of the Inquisitors wear a mask or helmet I believe, but they aren't Sith lords as I understand it , they are more like Sith employees that have red lightsabers .

So Vader is really the only Sith Lord/Apprentice for whom the mask is a constant... and even Vader takes it off a couple times. And Anakin actually officially becomes Vader, before donning the mask, so we do get a good bit of screen time with a maskless Vader.
Warpus is likely thinking of KOTOR-era Sith.

Warpus is likely thinking of KOTOR-era Sith.
Nah... he said
Give us a Sith who wears a nice suit or a dress or whatever (on screen, not just in the novels or what have you). That black emo with a mask look is boring
I think KOTR would classify as being in the "or what have you" category, as opposed to the movies/shows.

I guess the mask is only a part of my point - there is a sort of common look that a lot of Sith seem to share, and while some of them do not wear anything iconic on their heads, a lot of them seem to. Darth Maul didn't have anything artificial on his head for instance, but he has funky designs on his face instead, as well as the horns. It's true that Dooku and Palpatine didn't really have anything weird on their heads - but Palpatine does the whole dark hood over his head thing, and at first we weren't sure whether Dooku was really evil or not or whatever.

They all just sort of try to go for that emo look, and headgear seems important. Surely one of these guys can wear a white toga and pigtails or something

Like, when you google image search "Sith", you get all these dudes with stuff on their heads, painted faces, etc. And where are the female sith, anyway? Mix it up a bit, is all I'm saying

I guess the mask is only a part of my point - there is a sort of common look that a lot of Sith seem to share, and while some of them do not wear anything iconic on their heads, a lot of them seem to. Darth Maul didn't have anything artificial on his head for instance, but he has funky designs on his face instead, as well as the horns. It's true that Dooku and Palpatine didn't really have anything weird on their heads - but Palpatine does the whole dark hood over his head thing, and at first we weren't sure whether Dooku was really evil or not or whatever.

They all just sort of try to go for that emo look, and headgear seems important. Surely one of these guys can wear a white toga and pigtails or something

Like, when you google image search "Sith", you get all these dudes with stuff on their heads, painted faces, etc. And where are the female sith, anyway? Mix it up a bit, is all I'm saying
There is definitely a commonality with the Sith look. They all pretty much wear black and carry red lightsabers. I think that is actually the one aspect of their look that is a hard-and-fast theme for them that isn't going to be changed, because they are supposed to represent the "dark" side. No way they are going to put a Sith Lord in a white toga. That's the Jedi Uniform... brown hooded robe/cape with white toga. As for the black hood that Palpatine wears, again Luke wore the same in RotJ. All the Jedi pretty much wear hoods so that's not unique to Palpatine.

As for females, there was Asajj Ventress, who I already mentioned, with a photo. And there is also Darth Talon but she never appears in any film or cartoons AFAICT... but she does however, satisfy your pigtails request ;)

Last edited:
that would be Darth Talon , which Lucas would have in the sequels if he hadn't sold to Disney . (Actually Red is the rarest Twilek colour and supposed to be the s_xiest)

that would be Darth Talon , which Lucas would have in the sequels if he hadn't sold to Disney . (Actually Red is the rarest Twilek colour and supposed to be the s_xiest)
My bad, you're right. Corrected.

Darth Gean is also listed as being Twi'lek which is how I got mixed up.

Last edited:
No way they are going to put a Sith Lord in a white toga.

That was a rather extreme suggestion to be fair :lol:

But the Sith are seriously getting boring. Surely some of them have a slightly different fashion sense from the rest. It's not like you can't be evil in a pink jumpsuit.

From Darth Talon's article in Wookiepedia
George Lucas originally planned to feature Darth Maul and Darth Talon as the main villains of the Star Wars sequel trilogy,[41] an idea he developed while preparing the films in 2012 before selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company.[42] Talon was written as Maul's apprentice, with Lucas later saying "She was the new Darth Vader, and most of the action was with her."[28] Early story treatments had her corrupting the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa,[43] but her character later evolved into a "Jedi Killer" that ultimately became the character of Kylo Ren.[44] According to Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group, "The Jedi Killer morphed from Talon corrupting the son to becoming the son,"[43] and Lucasfilm's Phil Szostak has called Talon "just one stop of many on the road to Kylo Ren."[45]
:sad: Seriously?!? We could've had Darth Talon instead of Kylo Ren??? Or instead of Dooku? Oh the humanity :cry: that would have been so much better in either case.

Although... thinking about it... without Kylo Ren, the haters would have been even more in their feelings... but on the other hand, they were in their feelings anyway so I think I would have still rather had her than Kylo Ren, although he was still a pretty good character. Oh well... there's always the next film I guess.

Top Bottom