Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
it is team Abrams , in contact from day one to day last , if only because attempting to destroy Star Wars would and should be remembered for an eternity . So , these two directors have a childish spat or something to make it irreversible , because like hell that Leia Organa would not be Luke's sister because uhm , they kissed and stuff , right ? Until family trouble forced the both Lucases to decide it had to end right there . So , Leia Poppins makes sure Organa was a Jedi since birth ... Add some news releases to that end , like Kennedy is a femin_zi , not exactly sure about we can use the word here , you know far too feminist and something , because it is Disney's agenda and forcing that and there you are . Star Wars , as a business , has rubbed Hollywood in some wrong way , this is the thing always to remember .

Disney just changed it into Force → action scene.
Again... Disney = Rogue One. Disney = The Mandalorian. Lucas did the whole mediocre-at-best PT on his own with little input and zero outright control from Disney. The whole blaming Disney for ruining Star Wars was cute for a few years, but its stale now and just not valid anymore.

advantage of not living in the US then .

rogue One is so close to lV-Vl that it could not be ruined , like also with a crazed about SW director as well . Mandalorian is a guy or two who directly worked for Lucas . So , the Disney Triology is old news enough that the stinging thing about even Prequels being better can be challenged , because untutored minds can come to believe dat ? Right then ...

taloombrayslavevest_by_admyrrek-dao0bz6.jpg

one can take one on the chin for the team , because in the end the little princess means no harm . Except those who wanna destroy the team can not be on the team . No personal offence to be taken , because it is obviously time to prevent some Hanna Solo/Chewchucca thing because Disney , just like not a new triology should happen solely because the Star Wars fandom is a bunch of losers who hate the new to embrace the former and the easy way to save reputations and stuff is to make something worse . Let's not confuse Carrie Fisher's last respected and to be kept somehow and somehow ... with like being forgiven , shall we ?

this is the thing where the else should come . Accordingly , just a picture of a P-47 model , recently downloaded ...

Spoiler :

44148464094_ef09965a69_b.jpg

close enough to see the whites of the eyes

if to be deleted , please keep it somewhere so that ı can save it when the webcafes are open again

Spoiler Annotation :
George Lucas's original vision for Return of the Jedi was to have the final battle on the Wookiee home world. In his conception, the Wookiees would have been the primitive tribespeople who conquered the might of the Empire.

As it turned out, the character of Chewbacca had evolved quite a bit over the first two films, so it no longer felt like he came from a primitive society, so the idea was changed to use the Ewoks instead.

Imagine if the movie had gone with the original premise, and we'd seen a bunch of Wookiees defeating the Empire, armed with sticks and stones. This could go one of two ways: The Wookiees would appear even more badass, or the Wookiees would end up appearing ridiculous and reviled like the Ewoks are.

Maybe it's better to have the Ewoks as a target after all?

I mean, they could have done away with the "sticks and stones" part. Bowcasters and guerilla warfare in giant-tree forests seem just as much a fit. And it would have upped the emotional stakes and gotten rid of the stupid "C-3P0 is our god" subplot. Freeing the wookiees -and- crushing the Empire? Cool beans.

Yeah, Kashyyyk and bowcasters>Ewoks and sticks.

My childhood is ruined.

My movie-watching experience was ruined by the childhoods of people now in their mid 40s. -Also by the Ewoks and the whole movie sucking.

I have never wanted to murder via force-choke a roomful of laughing people so much - also the Ewoks and George Lucas.

It's almost as if... they wanted to do something to appeal to little kids... :think:

Wait...

Is Star Wars for kids?!? :eek:
Pack it up, folks. Star Wars is only for little babby. A middle-aged man has informed us of this after dutifully expressing Star Wars opinions himself for years.

Pack it up, folks. Star Wars is only for little babby. A middle-aged man has informed us of this after dutifully expressing Star Wars opinions himself for years.
George Lucas is middle aged? :think:

Well I guess he was technically middle aged when he first said it, so yeah you're right.

George Lucas is middle aged? :think:

Well I guess he was technically middle aged when he first said it, so yeah you're right.
I was actually making fun of you for posting your opinions for years in this thread, but then trotting out the "It's for kids, silly" argument randomly.

In all seriousness, I don't actually think doing a freedom campaign for the wookiees would have been incompatible with the interests of children. Star Wars already established the idea of rebellion, and other popular children's media already incorporates rebelling against an oppressor. Wookiees can still be cute, and I'm not sure kids would have felt strongly about the difference between "yub nub" and "graaaaaagh."

I was actually making fun of you for posting your opinions for years in this thread, but then trotting out the "It's for kids, silly" argument randomly.
Really?? I never would have guessed. Glad you cleared that up.

Love your avatar BTW... My nine year old has that character as his avatar on Disney+... true story...

The ewoks were fine... I mean they were rubbish of course... but whatever... RotJ certainly wasn't ruined by them. The Threepio golden god scene and his other interaction with the ewoks was one of my favourite parts of the movie growing up. When I first saw it ... I was six years old at the time as I recall.

I'm always fascinated at how defensive adult Star Wars fans get about being reminded that what is essentially a fairy tale, complete with its own version of "Once upon a time... in a land far away"... is for kids. Adults can still like it. Its fine. But its still for kids.

Really?? I never would have guessed. Glad you cleared that up.

Love your avatar BTW... My nine year old has that character as his avatar on Disney+... true story...

The ewoks were fine... I mean they were rubbish of course... but whatever... RotJ certainly wasn't ruined by them. The Threepio golden god scene and his other interaction with the ewoks was one of my favourite parts of the movie growing up. When I first saw it ... I was six years old at the time as I recall.

I'm always fascinated at how defensive adult Star Wars fans get about being reminded that what is essentially a fairy tale, complete with its own version of "Once upon a time... in a land far away"... is for kids. Adults can still like it. Its fine. But its still for kids. Its a fair point... screaming about won't help you.

Who is screaming? :confused:

Your fascination is misplaced, at any rate. That Star Wars was originally for children and is still primarily geared toward children was never in contention. My favourite Star Wars media is Rebels, which is rated TV-Y7. As I have pointed out, I was making fun of the dichotomy between you using "it's for kids" as a counterargument against something you disagree with, when you're frequently disagreeing with people about Star Wars yourself and nobody here has told you to get over it because you've supposedly aged out.

The backbone of your "it's for kids" argument, too, is that you seem to believe making it about the wookiees instead of the ewoks would be too far for the interests of children, which simply isn't true. The messaging is frequently found in children's media, already found in the franchise itself, and wookiees certainly meet the standard of furry and guttural.

ETA: Aw, you removed the "screaming" part. Sad. You should've committed.

Who is screaming? :confused:
ETA: Aw, you removed the "screaming" part. Sad. You should've committed.
I deleted "Its a fair point... screaming about won't help you" because I thought you would miss the reference... and instead become indignant about it... which is exactly what happened.

I was geeking out hoping you'd quip back about tearing my arms out... but then I thought... nah, it will go over Syn's head... which it did... Sad.

Your fascination is misplaced, at any rate. That Star Wars was originally for children and is still primarily geared toward children was never in contention. My favourite Star Wars media is Rebels, which is rated TV-Y7. As I have pointed out, I was making fun of the dichotomy between you using "it's for kids" as a counterargument against something you disagree with, when you're frequently disagreeing with people about Star Wars yourself and nobody here has told you to get over it because you've supposedly aged out..
"Counterargument"?? Dude lighten up. There is no "aging out"... I just said that. Just like Bugs Bunny cartoons have tons of references/jokes that only adults get, but are still directed primarily at children... Star Wars is the same way. Its for kids, but adults can come along for the ride as well. Take some kids to the "Path of the Jedi" show at Disneyworld for a great illustration of this.

Anyway, now with the expanded universe of content... again...thanks Disney... there is, as you point out, stuff that is arguably primarily geared towards older audiences. Gritty stuff like Rogue One is a good example... no ewoks in that, no R2-D2, no BB-8, no happy ending, nothing... that movie was practically Shakespearian... and a masterpiece, I might add.

C-3P0 reeeeeee
While I'm talking about Threepio and the ewoks, particularly the golden god scene as well as the adult aspects of Star Wars, I am reminded of an aspect of the golden god sequence that I did not notice at all as a kid... but which jumped right out at me as an adult. AFAIC, the golden god sequence with the ewoks is one of the best, most meaningful parts of the movie.

When our heroes are all tied up by the ewoks, getting ready to be burned alive, Luke tells Threepio to bluff the ewoks with threats about his magical golden god powers. Threepio complies, and the ewoks all instantly gasp and freeze in their tracks, obviously worried that they have invoked the wrath of their golden god. But then, the ewok high priest/witch doctor intervenes, and although you can't understand his ewok gibberish, its obvious that he is telling the ewoks not to worry about Threepio's threats, and to disregard him and continue with roasting the main characters alive.

Now I wouldn't have noticed such a thing as a 6 year old kid, but as an adult, I did notice the deliciously cynical commentary that this quick scene is making on the clergy. The high priest is fully aware that Threepio is not really a god, while the rest of the ewoks are unaware... and the high priest is using Threepio as a figurehead to enhance his own power. The instant Threepio goes against the plans of the high priest, he directs his faithful to ignore the "god" and listen to him instead. The high priest does not believe in Threepio at all, but instead recognizes him as a convenient tool of control and power.

I know its just silly ewok teddy bears... but we adults can enjoy Star Wars too through adult eyes. ;)

There's nothing as good as attending a Star Wars opening in the best cinema in town.

I tell you, the whole room gasping, awwing, and sighing in desperation, that's better than any movie (especially if the movie is E.IX).

most probably should have been in spacecadet thread thing but ı must keep me annoying people limited

Spoiler :

considering this is post #6800 , a multiple of 400 , with the tradition of like ı am alive or something .

now ı have killed some time with style , "designed" SW gear for "real life" , you know , with them being so inspired by real life . There are modelling sites on the web , where ı would have to have an account in some picture site to show them , if ı had any desire to show , because ı was like seriously buzzed by jets with my totally made up alternative history of Turkish Navy fielding an aircaft carrier in the Black Sea by real American help , in the 1960s . And of course , people . Some of them , well , respect me and some , ı don't know whether the word hate would be appropriate for more than a few ...

so , in some place ı won't name because they do nicely about not knowing my fake account or anything , because Lockmart keeps them for more important stuff that might later arise , there has been this spectacular post or something about the visual masterpiece of Empire Strikes back . The guy twists the unexisting thing and fits it to an alternative reality , and humppft , nobody makes a comment . Actually , ringing the bell on the rather limited requirement , correct theater , like the correct company but wrong decade .

you see , American Marines started to take the Japanese very seriously after the Great War . (Don't be silly , they didn't want AT-ATs !) And something with legs might have been rather useful for a limited amount of time during the landings that would have to happen in the vast expanses of the Pasific . One final doodle , you know , drawing or something was a cross of these two , not directly but you will have to imagine , because documentation would be like problematic ... Thumbsize pics ı found on the web :

images-8.jpg
and
images-9.jpg

the dwarf spider droid and the crab one , put a 37 mm cannon on a half spherical turret on a rather blocky hull looking far stouter with far more straighter lines . Hearsay of course , the guys imply one of them might or might not have been sent over to inspect troops when USMC was training the initial cadre of Amphibious lnfantry and talk might have diverted to that or not . Totally went nowhere because while it could somehow float there was no way of moving it on land , certainly not in a combat situation where the enemy would be anyone but denizens of less developed islands ... armed with pipes and poisoned darts and coconut shells to cover what you will have to guess . There would certainly be Japanese artillery in combat , most probably dual purpose anti-aircraft / coastal defence guns 75 mm/ 3 inches and bigger . (The very thing that immediately made any survivable tank into the 50/60 ton class when they became widespread in the anti-tank duty .) But it lived for a week or two ...

and it would need a maker . For this USN opted for a new choice . Aviation was not exactly popular at the time , battleship partizans objected to any further divertion of funds so the money would have to come from plane people . Who discussed it with aviation companies , to get a return with future airplane contracts . Howard Hughes had a thing against Northrop and as a result Douglas , Grumman had temporarily fallen afoul of some in Washington , car companies were paying close attention to where passenger planes were going , so Navy chose Brewster , literally the American Rolls Royce , because ı checked Wikipedia . Which ı never do before finishing the main section because it tends to cloud things ... Should have offended no one , right ? Project died a rightful death , Navy decided Brewster should stay and Grumman being punished -with Brewster Buffalo becoming the first Navy monoplane fighter- was also given a contract for the Wildcat .

you need some interest in aviation to notice Brewster did a solid start . An optimized shape for both fighter and scout requirement , the latter to mostly serve as a dive bomber in the war . You know , just like a car , fit for serial production . Which finally led to trouble . Brewster given a lot of chance and its managers did their utmost to ruin that , because afterall they were part of the system . Buffalo prototype unable to follow the requirement , so the concept proven in a windtunnel ... So striking that every American plane has had tons of windtunnel work afterwards . Even more problematical was the Buccaneer , the larger Buffalo to become the scout . Navy created the Brewster aviation company , provided funds and stuff and the unions did that their part . Wikipedia gives links to some webpages , from one you learn the factory workers would have sexual intercourse inside fuselages , back luck charm or whatever . Workers so defiantly ignored calls for not stealing tools or forgetting them inside the planes (so that the tools could jam something and cause a crash) ... an entirely new machine was invented . A crane waiting for freshly assembled plane at the end of the line , lifts it up in the air , rotates it 180 degrees down and shakes it mightily for a while , to let anything loose to come off . Nazis using concentration camp inmates as forced labour never needed that ...

there was still hope for Brewster though . Car companies were breaking every record in production and profits , they wanted something extra and that meant a land based fighter for Navy service . Somewhat lighter than carrier fighters which were completely capable of being used from land bases , so rationally should lead to longer range and similar benefits . Which would have been won by the Thunderbolt , with incredible protests to emanate from the Mustang faction but had Brewster had a proper management they could have something available like this in the summer of 1942 to compete with the Hellcat . Could have still been allowed to proceed but the unions had a strike in '43 or so . With an Union boss declaring in the newspapers that if he had a brother in the war and the brother was to die because the union boss didn't deliver the planes , it was a good thing for the brother to die , because the lifestyle of the Union boss had to be protected ...

1280px-Captured_Kawanishi_N1K1-J_on_ground_1945.jpeg

some Japanese plane captured and tested , also happens to be the best lJN fighter to see combat .

all becoming part of the design process thing as Ralph McQuarrie was talking with George Lucas on what to do . Lord of the Rings being the template and they had trouble realising a spider , to look believeable on the screen . Lucas was far more sold on the Olephaunts and the terror elephants used to strike in the hearts of ancients and the limitations of animation at the time created its own charm . AT-AT being so large that you can fly a plane around its legs ... The thing to remember is of course that McQuarrie came from defence , even if only as an artist in Boeing . So , they put away what might have been a drawing in the 30s ...

actually the very first plan was getting the seperatists do a through analysis of the debacle on Naboo and have all their combat vehicles on legs , while the Republic would be on wheels and combat trucks . Episode lll than ending with realisation that the seperatists were already there with a first glimpse of AT-ATs . The clone tank AT-TE or something was to be basic Roger Roger thing for the duration of the Clone Wars , with the droids totally exposed to elements . ı imagine it will be then fitting to end the post with silly talk on how SW is not merely a real life book about the hero with thousand faces .

Last edited:
Top Bottom