• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
New Bobba Fett short documentary trailer -

You know his name. Revisit his story. Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett, an Original Documentary Special, now streaming on Disney+.Special

Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett Review

On this Disney+ Day, Disney and Lucasfilm give us an inside look at the history of Boba Fett from his humble beginnings to stealing the show in very little time during the original trilogy to prequel appearances in “Attack of the Clones” and “The Clone Wars” and finally sequel appearances in “The Mandalorian” and his own, upcoming Disney+ Original series, “The Book of Boba Fett.” “Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett,” tells a great story in just 22 minutes of time.

The most compelling part of this special to me is the fact that Boba Fett became immensely popular despite only having four lines of dialogue in 6 minutes and 32 seconds of run time between “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi.” While he might have been introduced in the Holiday Special, as well as getting a nice parade appearance out in California before the release of “The Empire Strikes Back,” he manages to steal the show in that appearance. He is easily the most popular “Star Wars” character to not be part of the Empire or the Rebel Alliance in the original trilogy. Yes, he works with the Empire as they have enlisted bounty hunters to help track down Han Solo, but it’s a job, he isn’t loyal to the Empire.

It’s great seeing and hearing from some of the people who have taken on the mantle over the years. We get to see the first person to appear in the suit, even though he didn’t appear in any of the movies. We hear from the wife of Jeremy Bulloch; the man in the suit for “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi,” as she recounts his experience walking out on the set for the first time and how the entire cast and crew were in awe of how he looked. We hear from Daniel Logan about his experiences playing young Boba Fett in “Attack of the Clones,” and how excited he was to return to voice the role in animated form in “The Clone Wars.” And, we get to see Temuera Morrison in the role in “The Mandalorian” and “The Book of Boba Fett,” as we remember his previous connection to the role having played Boba’s father, Jango Fett, in “Attack of the Clones.”

This is one of the greatest characters in science fiction history and he deserves his own show. He has been played to perfection by Jeremy Bulloch and Temuera Morrison. And, even though “Attack of the Clones” is my least favorite of the “Star Wars” films, Daniel Logan also does a solid job portraying a childhood version of Boba Fett. He has very little screen time compared to most of the “Star Wars” characters we remember, but he proves quality is more important than quantity as the actors, writers, and directors have found a way to make his scenes truly count.

Ranking: 4.5 stars out of 5

Last edited:
‘Star Wars: Ahsoka’: Natasha Liu Bordizzo To Play Sabine Wren In Disney+ Series

Natasha-Liu-Bordizzo-Sabine-Wren-2.jpg

They put in some serious work for the trailer, sweeps you away.

Exploring HR era game-wise looks promising.

After a mediocre start to the new Boba show, episode II was fire!

Frenetic desert train raid, trippy brain crawling lizard, black-smithing a new tool, bar room brawl, twin hutts, killa hit-man wookie etc...a solid hour.

The flashback Tusken story line turned out great...funeral pyre scene was sad vibes and that tribal war dance around the fire was a perfect outro.

When the Tusken puts the speeder in reverse made me crack a smile.

Yew, really enjoyed this one.

Last edited:
^ I noticed the Mando' mechanic taking a stroll and big up on the McQuarrie drop (they should of kept Luke in the painting).

Chapter III -

Machete as the Rancor trainer!
Boba gonna be riding and styling on the Rancour around town.
Them sneaky twins might have a trap to have the beast turn on him @ some point.

They telling us twice about Tatooine being an ex-ocean planet for a reason?
Talking of planets, show us Hutta!

The Cyber-punk speeder chase was not whizzy enough.
Felt slow and cranky like the Bobby Dee grocery store kickings in The Irish-Man.

They need to light up Jabba's old lair with a few oil lamps, was blinded during some of the wookie assassination attempt...even in dynamic setting.

Another Tusken funeral pyre, even sadder then last weeks...whole tribe smoked out.
Revenge is going to be so sweet.

-------------------

Release Schedule, every Wednesday -
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 1: December 29 – out now
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 2: January 5 – out now
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 3: January 12 – out now
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 4: January 19
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 5: January 26
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 6: February 2
  • The Book of Boba Fett episode 7 [finale]: February 9

Last edited:
It had some cool bits and moments but, on top of less than good moments, the chase scene was awful and a display of Robert Rodríguez at his worst. I was thinking "man these colours, this... complete lack of speed or action... this camp... is this a Spy Kids- oh damn Robert Rodríguez directed this, didn't he." And so he had.

(they should of kept Luke in the painting)
Not if I understand how the easter egg is supposed to work. Those two characters are toting an in-world painting. The only individual who would have had such a painting done is Jabba himself. Jabba wouldn't have had a portrait of him and his hangers-on painted when Luke visited 1) because you don't have a portrait painted that includes images of people who are about to kill you and 2) there was no time for such a portrait to be painted.

He commissioned it later that day, and then he died and the painting languished in the studio until someone bought it or he was going to dispose of it, at whic moment the chase occurred.

Who's to say that isn't how it happened? Surely not me.

They did Boba a dirty in this series. He's supposed to be a ruthless bounty hunter, therefore of all people he would know respect in the criminal underworld comes not from mercy but brutal murder and a total lack of empathy.

Should of shot up those biker kids the moment he confronted them and they admitted to stealing the guy's water. "No job ya say? Well time to meet your maker!!!" Pew, pew, pew flamethrower noises.

The first third of TBoBF E04 was generally a continuation of the poor showing in E03, however it quickly made up for it in the latter two thirds, which I'd give an 8.5 or 9. It was a definite improvement. Hopefully, they can keep the momentum going through the final three episodes. I will say the show finally addressed my biggest issue with the show thus far - Fett's motivation for wanting to become the head of a crime family. Something that should've been addressed much earlier.

Chapter IV -

Fett's motivation for wanting to become the head of a crime family

Fed up working for idiots, fair enough.

When Bobba was zappin the hells angel speeders, hearing the Slave 1 cannons again gave me a flashback to the AOTC asteroid field battle.
I was wondering if there were any seismic charge bombs left (the explosions sounded absolutely incredible in cinema)...they saved one for the right moment!

Boba placing the dinner table for the mobster sit-down above a Rancor pit, haha.

I could watch BK rip apart Trandoshons all day (they was really hateable in TCW).

Last edited:
They did Boba a dirty in this series. He's supposed to be a ruthless bounty hunter, therefore of all people he would know respect in the criminal underworld comes not from mercy but brutal murder and a total lack of empathy.

Boba Fett is dead: how Disney+ ruined Star Wars’ coolest character

The Book of Boba Fett has resurrected the badass bounty hunter, only to destroy everything that once made him so great. It’s a fate worse than being eaten alive

Wed 19 Jan 2022

Boba Fett was definitely dead. We all saw it: a partially blinded Han Solo unknowingly whacked him with a stick in Return of the Jedi, his jetpack malfunctioned, and then he fell into the mouth of a massive sand monster. You could tell by the way it swallowed and belched.

Yet in The Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian spin-off series currently streaming on Disney+, we’re expected to believe that the iconic bounty hunter (now played by Temuera Morrison) actually survived in the acid-filled belly of the sarlacc, having siphoned oxygen from a stormtrooper’s helmet, before burning his way out with the flamethrower on his wrist, then blindly clawing through several metres of sand. Improbable, you might think, but then no one ever really dies in Star Wars. There are action figures and sequels to sell.

There’s a precedent for Boba’s unlikely resurrection: plenty of non-canonical novels, comics and short stories have already depicted his escape from the sarlacc. But little did we know that this show was bringing him back only to kill him all over again. And by kill him I mean systematically take apart everything that ever made him the coolest and most mysterious character in a galaxy far, far away.

In The Book of Boba Fett, the once-menacing freelancer has become a softie with a heart of gold. He has relinquished his title as a bounty hunter, become so curiously forgiving that he actually set free a Wookiee assassin just moments after it tried to murder him in his sleep, stroked a rancor behind its ear as if it were his oversized house cat and called a Tusken raider “mate”.

It all started during an episode of The Mandalorian, in which Boba was properly reintroduced to audiences, where he spoke of his fear and disapproval of the Empire – one of his former and frequent clients. Within minutes, he was fighting for the light side for the very first time, having inexplicably been repositioned as a “good guy”. Or a guy with a moral compass, at least. Whatever he is now, he’s unrecognisable from the character that once fascinated Star Wars fans.

This is the same Boba who previously had no problem working for notorious choker Darth Vader and notorious chokee Jabba the Hutt. When we were introduced to the live-action version of the character in The Empire Strikes Back (he actually made his first appearance in the animated segment of the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special in 1978), he was quite obviously a cold-blooded gun-for-hire with the sole aim of collecting his next bounty. It may have just been business, but he certainly wasn’t petting monsters and making friends. So why the sudden transformation?

All we need now is a subplot in which he adopts a baby version of Yoda and spends two episodes wiping sick off its chin

What originally made Boba the most interesting and mysterious character in the franchise was the fact that we knew absolutely nothing about him. Back then, he was just this cool, armoured bloke who stood on the side looking hard. He never took off his helmet and he barely spoke – he had a grand total of four lines in The Empire Strikes Back, and none at all in Return of the Jedi. And yet he still went on to become one of the most popular and talked about characters of the original trilogy. So much so that creator George Lucas even briefly considered making him the main villain in Jedi with the ambitious intention of stretching out Luke Skywalker’s story over a number of subsequent trilogies.

Making Boba Fett the main bad guy, or even a central character, would have diminished his all-important mystique, something that ultimately ended up happening anyway when he was dreadfully reintroduced as a child clone in Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

And now it’s happening all over again. As this Disney+ series continues to examine his softer side in excruciatingly uninteresting detail, it feels as though the circle of bastardisation is almost complete. All we need now is a subplot in which he adopts a baby version of Yoda and spends at least two episodes wiping sick off its chin.

Thanks to its treatment of the once badass, nihilistic bounty hunter, The Book of Boba Fett has turned out to be just another piece of bitterly disappointing, franchise-tarnishing tosh. Proof, if you ever needed it, that some parts of the galaxy are best left unexplored.

Is there any series/movie out there where the main character is truly evil? All the recent examples I can think of where they put a villain as the protagonist, Joker, Cruella, Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, and now Boba Fett, their evilness has been de-emphasized. Either they are just misunderstood, have a tortured past, not really that evil, etc. One of the prerequisites for a good story is the ability to connect with the characters and I'm not sure someone who is doing nefarious deeds with no redeeming qualities makes for a relatable main character. But if you do put a villain as a main character then that ruins their status as a villain. It's a catch-22 situation.

But then again maybe the major studios are just afraid to make a true villain as the protagonist. Or maybe they just lack imagination. Or maybe audiences think that's what they want, but if they actually got a series/movie like that they would really hate it. I don't know. :dunno:

Top Bottom