Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Would like to see rebel spy Cassian go up against the Galactic Empires 007/Bond style agent Jahan Cross -

Last edited:
Mandalorian S3 teaser bootleg from Celebration; better watch it before it is taken down.

(I apologize for the quality, but... bootleg!)

23 minutes after your post: "This video has been blocked by Disney on copyright grounds"

Damn, I was too late!

I'm just gonna leave this here ;)

When I heard Andor was their next series, I was indifferent. Rogue One is one of my favorite Star Wars things, but Cassian Andor made almost no impression on me. I thought almost any other character in that movie would have made a better prequel/spinoff, but this trailer has got me on board. I love the idea of using this series to show us the birth of the Rebellion, with Mon Mothma a central character. I've never seen Genevieve O'Reilly in anything, but she has a long IMDb page. UK fans probably know her. I love Stellan Skarsgard and Fiona Shaw. Hard to tell from this how big their parts will be. The photography, design, and SFX all look great. I read somewhere that this series is using less greenscreen digital technology than other series have. I hope they really go old-school with the models and sets. And please, by all that is holy, no more desert planets...

Okay so the first 2 eps of Obi-Wan were good, but..

Spoiler :
It seems that they have been cheap w/ some of the money they've spent on this. The scenes between the younger Jedi who later dies & Obi Wan.. That younger jedi wasn't a very good actor. Some of those scenes should have been shot again, they just felt so forced. Acting wasn't very good until the later scenes between them, when things got a bit more emotional.

I also had a problem with some of the scenes with Leia running away from people. When they are first trying to catch her.. The baddies are running slower than I run in my dreams.. They trip over everything and are clumsy for no reason whatsoever. Just so she can get away. That was way too obvious, that should have been shot again and again, until they got it right. Same with Obi Wan trying to catch her. He could have caught her a couple times, but they artificially slowed him down to make her get away. Was kind of lame.

There were a couple other minor issues I saw in the first episode, but by the time episode 2 was finished I had forgotten about those.

Overall a very good start to the series, but it does feel a bit.. amateurish at times. Why? Don't they have millions to spend on this? Parts of this feel like it was just a saturday morning cartoon. Maybe they're going for a "Clones" feel? It's no good though. The best parts of this whole thing have been the scenes that feel like a movie, and nothing like the cartoons.

I also liked how they took scenery from the prequels and re-edited them to make them look.. compelling. That was really well done. Imagine if the whole trilogy had been edited like that.. wow.. but instead we got an average trilogy instead. It's all in the past now I suppose.

I hope this show doesn't suffer the same "Middle of the season is bleh" fate as the Mandalorian did.. Or Boba Fett, to a degree.

I love it so far, ^^ these being my only complaints

I enjoyed those episodes. They kind of had the right feel.

Spoiler :
Totally know what you mean about the running. What was going on there?

--------------

Hayden Christensen Would Return for Darth Vader Spin-off Show

Christensen was asked if he’d ever want to be the lead of his own series, perhaps based on one of the many spin-off comics starring Vader. Christensen said that he’d love to do one if given the chance, pointing to the cultural relevance and popularity of a character like Darth Vader as evidence of why it might work.

“Absolutely, I think this is a character that resonates in our culture in a very profound way, and there’s certainly more there to explore,” Christensen said. “There are so many other stories that have been told in these other mediums, and I would love to get to continue my journey with him.”

I enjoyed those episodes. They kind of had the right feel.

Spoiler :
Totally know what you mean about the running. What was going on there?
I think it has been a problem in other shows. The mods chase in Boba Fett... no sense of action.

It was less egregious here, and everything else was generally well handled, so relatively high hopes.

First two episodes were... okay. Quite a few things to specifically dislike. As of right now, given my personal hopes, I'm disappointed in what I've seen.

My biggest gripe with the first episode, is the Inquisitors. The concept of them, their dialogue, the cringe acting. When Reva starts yelling and dishes out violence for no apparent reason, it takes me out of the experience of watching the series. They try so hard to present these individuals as frightening, cool and what have you, when subtlety and restraint would have worked so much better. The threat of violence is more fear inducing than violence itself. Second, I think the young actress is OK as Leia, but they might have gone overboard on basing her character on Carrie Fisher's portrayal. As in, was she already fully formed as the sassy independent Princess when she was 10 years old? Ewan does his best with a restrained performance and he gives the series some much needed gravitas.

My biggest gripe with the first episode, is the Inquisitors. The concept of them, their dialogue, the cringe acting. When Reva starts yelling and dishes out violence for no apparent reason, it takes me out of the experience of watching the series. They try so hard to present these individuals as frightening, cool and what have you, when subtlety and restraint would have worked so much better. The threat of violence is more fear inducing than violence itself. Second, I think the young actress is OK as Leia, but they might have gone overboard on basing her character on Carrie Fisher's portrayal. As in, was she already fully formed as the sassy independent Princess when she was 10 years old? Ewan does his best with a restrained performance and he gives the series some much needed gravitas.

IMO the biggest mistake they are making is assuming that the main audience for this show will be 10-14 year old kids. That's how we get all the weird wooden acting, the weird running, the need to have a 10 year old Leia who is already acting like older Leia, etc..

I don't really see the need for this.. I mean.. a lot of the show is targeted at adults, in terms of the underlying plotlines and so on. And even if they did want to have bits here and there for kids to enjoy.. that's already there and isn't cringy.. The original Star Wars trilogy did this really well. Those movies can be enjoyed by both adults and kids, and there isn't anything too silly going on. The two droids provide most of the silliness, and it fits really well with the rest of the movies.

I thought the first two eps of Obi Wan were better than I was expecting. I liked the Inquisitors, but less so the little girl. McGregor was good, but the action scenes were dumb. It seemed like another example of a drama director who doesn't understand how to film physical scenes; fight scenes, chase scenes - if there'd been a dance scene or a sex scene in this, I bet it would have been mysteriously boring. I sometimes wonder if directors of dramas think action scenes just film themselves.

The first two episodes...uff da.

Ewan was great, everything else ranged from questionable to laughable. I'm still hoping for a few good scenes with Hayden/Vader.

Top Bottom