All Unique Features Option

I remember reading that one of the 0.40 patches had an option that created every unique feature in every game. However, I have patch v and can't find any such option in the list when I start custom game. Did I just imagine this option or is it somewhere I'm not looking?

Alternately, I've tried to just change the XML to acheive the same result. I just opened

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml

with notepad and changed the <iAppearanceProbability> </iAppearanceProbability> to
<iAppearanceProbability>100</iAppearanceProbability>

However, it doen't let me save the changes. Does anyone know how I could get all unique features, through either a game option or editing the XML?

You're not imagining things, the option does exist.

You just need to scroll down the list.

Attachments

• uf.JPG
    uf.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 102
I don't know why it isn't letting you save the changes. It should work.

Since the probability is modified based on map size, you'd need a <iAppearanceProbability> closer to 200 to guarantee they show up.

The game option does exist, right between Flexible Difficulty and No Unique Features. You probably just need to scroll down.

Thanks for the help I did find it right where your screenshot showed it. I forgot that I had made two copies of 0.40 since I had been planning to download a mod-mod for one. My desktop shortcut was sending me to the unpatched one but I found the option when I loaded the mod from the Civ 4 screen.

Finally no more getting that level 15 unit just to realize Brigit isn't even on the stupid map. Plus, I love free mana sources.

Top Bottom