Allah Akbar: War in the Middle East (PTW)

You Like The Scenario?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
if you do that then israel will make settlements inside saudi arabia , egypt and iran and other countries , thats not a good idea.

good scenario, teaches you to ignore all current stuff. if Egypt and israel gang up they are unbeatable. That said, playing Egypt is easiest.

I started playing as Syria. Here's what I found:

Overall this is a great scenario. The troop placement and resources are all carefully done. The national borders are nicely done to look like the actual borders. Even little details like the Hezbollah guerillas and the Suez Canal make it better.

Now here's what I would recommend changing:
Start the countries with governments. It would add more realism if the different countries had their different forms of government. You could add Ba'athist government for Syria and Iraq.
Also, in the scenario I think there are too many Turkish cities, even if it is a detailed scenario. If some Turkish (and possibly Russian) cities were deleted it could speed up the loading process.
Turkey should have some of the cities in Northern Cyprus representing the Turkish Cypriote Republic that is currently ruling that area.
Also a small detail: add the Pyramids to an Egyptian city or else don't allow them to be built.

All in all this is a great scenario! Good work!

thanks for the feedback , i really appreciate it!

Start the countries with governments. It would add more realism if the different countries had their different forms of government. You could add Ba'athist government for Syria and Iraq

in the mod more governments will be avariable , sadly i dont know how to give a country a government without making it impossible to select that country (i could make iraq a one party republic but i would either be unable to play iraq or only able to play iraq) , if someone knows if this is possible please tell.

Also, in the scenario I think there are too many Turkish cities, even if it is a detailed scenario. If some Turkish (and possibly Russian) cities were deleted it could speed up the loading process.

in the less cities version of the game all the 'flavor' cities (cities without real economic or strategic use) are removed , in the less cities version turkey , saudi arabia and iran have only about 1/3 of the cities they have in the normal version

Turkey should have some of the cities in Northern Cyprus representing the Turkish Cypriote Republic that is currently ruling that area.

since turkish cyprus is pratically independent from turkey and there is a lot of talk about reunite the island and join the eu lately o though it would be better to place it under the european sphere of influence. but if more ppl thing that Famagusta and Rizorkarpasso should be turkish im more that willing to change that :)

Also a small detail: add the Pyramids to an Egyptian city or else don't allow them to be built.

whoeps! its seems i forgot to build the Pyramids on the Normal Version! (the less cities has them , thats becouse on my slow pc i could not test the normal version so some details vent wrong) thanks for telling me!

More suggestions:

Jerusalem should be the capital of Israel.

Jenin should replace Nablus as it is a larger city. Also the Palestinian cities could probably use a bit more population.

Make infantry still buildable. This is what I did in my normal Civ3 and it makes sense. Infantry are still way more widely used than Mech Infantry, especially in the Middle East. Personally I would make infantry defend and attack at the same value so that they are actually useful on offence too.

Make everything cost less. In most of my cities it would take over 25 turns to build a tank. There should be the potential for huge army buildups without it taking so many turns.

That's all I can think of for now.

Jerusalem should be the capital of Israel.

i made Tel Aviv the capitol becouse most (99%) embassies are there and there is talk to make Jerusalem Palestine's Capitol (hell would freeze over before the Isrealies allow that)

Jenin should replace Nablus as it is a larger city. Also the Palestinian cities could probably use a bit more population.

done :) will be in next version

Make infantry still buildable. This is what I did in my normal Civ3 and it makes sense. Infantry are still way more widely used than Mech Infantry, especially in the Middle East. Personally I would make infantry defend and attack at the same value so that they are actually useful on offence too.

in the Mod the Modern Infantry unit (by Balou) will play a key role , the infantry will be renamed to militia and will be the only draftable unit

Make everything cost less. In most of my cities it would take over 25 turns to build a tank. There should be the potential for huge army buildups without it taking so many turns.

in the mod the cost will be different , but i need more people like you to give me feedback before i decide how exacly , i suggest you play Accelerated Production for now

thanks for feedback , i will put your name in the Credits.txt please specify if you would like something different as Yurt.

Allah Akbar: War in the Middle East v 1.02 and Allah Akbar: War in the Middle East (less Cities) v 1.02 now uploaded!

HAVE FUN!

Originally posted by Fëanor
in the mod more governments will be avariable , sadly i dont know how to give a country a government without making it impossible to select that country (i could make iraq a one party republic but i would either be unable to play iraq or only able to play iraq) , if someone knows if this is possible please tell.

Been trying to figure this one out myself.

I cant wait to try this scenario unfourtanatly I cant right now. I 'm Saudi Arabian and I cant wait to play as my country (Oh and the proper prunociation is Allahu Akbar, trust me)

Maybe if you seperate all technologies that provide a new government from the tech tree, give each of these technologies as a free tech to the civ you want and make it the favorite government type.

It will take some turns but at least everyone has the government it shall have (after some turns).

Just make a few non-era techs with the government types, then assign each civ the tech it should have for the government.

Originally posted by Procifica
Just make a few non-era techs with the government types, then assign each civ the tech it should have for the government.

but i would still have to start in anarchy right?

Assign each player the government type you want them to have, and set the countries to each player. If someone wants to play as a different nation, they just swap player 1 with the nation they want to play. It should work.

a lot of people dont like/know to/how edit scenarios , so i avoided that , this way is a lot user friendlyer

Originally posted by Fëanor
if you do that then israel will make settlements inside saudi arabia , egypt and iran and other countries , thats not a good idea.

Give it 10 or 15 years. :eek:

I didn't know this forum was for making political and "highly controversial" comments like that, nagorak.

Feanor, I agree with the user-friendliness, but its nice to give the player the option.

Originally posted by Procifica
I didn't know this forum was for making political and "highly controversial" comments like that, nagorak.

Feanor, I agree with the user-friendliness, but its nice to give the player the option.

sure if people like to modify the scenario to choose a civilization they may.... i might make such a version some day , oh i got right now a twice as powerfull pc so i might continue my with my scenario.... some day... right now im watching the real war so the Mod may become a Post Gulf war 2 mod...

Top Bottom