Alliance / Defensive Pact AI

Cybah

Emperor
To make the game more difficult, AI players should IMMEDIATELY subscribe defensive pacts or go into an alliance with other AI players as soon as it becomes available.

I think they do. It's just hard for them to like each other enough to form an alliance. I certainly see AI Civs form alliances in my games.

What would make sense is for civs to become more open to the idea of forming an alliance the further down the scoreboard they are.

with AI autoplay they don't do this immediately...

friendly and +4 happy by war = alliance. I had to form the alliance by myself then.

Yeah that is an interesting idea regarding making alliances and defensive pacts more concreted in agreements. The AI does form into weak bonding relationships through commonalities and mutual respect but it is pretty weak.

There is a lot of very interesting work that could be done in this area no question. It has to be done thoughtfully though because there is a lot of ways that you can stuff up these delicate relationships and not many ways to enhance them.

I still get pleasure when I see two AI's able to sort out their border tension and eventually become friends. This is nice. (aww shucks :blush:)

Cheers.

I think civs lower down on the scorecard with no chance of winning a victory should try to ally themselves with the leading civs towards the end of the game. This may lead to cold-war like situations, which is both realistic and will make the game more challenging.

Except top-tier civilizations want to ally with other top-tier civilizations to win.

We do want to avoid "top 2 civilizations for a perm. alliance", because that gets cheesy (if it the human or the AI). Really, we want #2 and #3 to ally up to possibly overthrow #1? Or ... hmm.

Top Bottom