1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alliance modding

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by ggalindo001, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

All --

Curious if anyone has attempted to mod the number of alliances that can be in a game based on the size of the map, number of players, or some other method.

I know there is a mod that adds a number of additional alliance types -- but none that I have been able to see that limits the number of alliances a player can have at any one time.

ON smaller maps, being able to have 5 alliances where there are 6 or 8 total players seems quite out of whack. I'm thinking about modding to have the number of concurrent alliances scale based on either map size or number of players.

I'm also curious if anyone has attempted to modify the alliance renewal criteria -- right now, as we all know, you are pretty much guaranteed most alliance renewal offers you make. I'd like to see if it could be modded to where if you are allied with the enemy of your ally, your ally will not want to review alliances, etc.

I'm curious about anyone's experiences in trying to mod alliances based on what I described. Thanks.