1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Alliances breaking down

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Gritf, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Gritf

Gritf Chieftain

I would like if anyone else may tell me if I'm seeing a bug here. In many of my games after I start building the victory wonder I tend to be on a war with at least someone else. I start to construct alliances with at least 2 other sponsors but at some point something happens in which some starts a fight in the alliance and everybody gets dragged into a free-for-all melee.

For what I understand while being allied to A and B, if sponsor A attacks B then the alliance forces my hand against A for being the aggressor while I stay allied to B. But it seems that instead if forces my hand against the two of them and each to each other. Is it normal or do you think my game files are corrupted?

Thanks in advance

2. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

I believe you are speaking of two separate issues. One being aggression ramping up after you start the victory wonder which is as intended. Only the closest relationships can survive this. In the beginning the AI would do nothing to stop you, so this was actually an improvement. I think it could be done better, but it is currently serviceable.

The circular war declaration has always been a problem, but hasn't received the attention it needs. The player should get a choice of who to side with or at the very least only declare war against the aggressor.

3. Gritf

Gritf Chieftain

Thank you for your answer. I was aware that nearing victory was making other sponsors meaner since the spoils of war patch, but had doubts about the circular declarations.I guess I´ll have to be more wary about getting alliances with more than one person at a time.

4. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Yes, unfortunately this makes alliances more unattractive than they should be.