Allied City State strategic resource issue.

zzodr

Chieftain
I found that when I discovered Coal, and find a city state has it in their city range, and they already happened to have a mine on it, and I was already allied with them, I don't get the Coal.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a known bug?

The CS hasn't discovered coal yet so can't give it to you. I am not sure how the tech of CS works exactly. I can't imagine they have to totally tech themselves. I imagine they get a tech for free once everyone else has it.

I've had this same thing happen, but not with coal. I don't quite remember what resource it was, but I had to gift them 200 via the Give a Gift --> Improve Strategic Resource CS screen option. I was granted it after that point, but they'd already had an improvement over it. I'm not sure if that was a bug or intentional feature.

It's intentional - I think 50% of civs need the tech before the CS allies gain the tech. If you want it before then, you have to improve it for them using a gift.

It's intentional - I think 50% of civs need the tech before the CS allies gain the tech. If you want it before then, you have to improve it for them using a gift.

Its not only improvements. If they don't have the tech its not different than you not having the tech. You can have a mine on uranium, but until you can actually see uranium you don't have it. CS are no different.

The TC's issue is that they CS hasn't gotten the required tech yet.

Huh> AFAIK CS have their own tech tree. They research tech,build units etc. like all Civs. They just play under slightly different rules.

Yeah.. the gift 200 gold to improve a resource is of course, not selectable.
As the CS already have a mine on the site.

I did a random resource map, and Coal is extremely rare.

They should change it to "200 gold for mining rights" or something.
If the CS does not know what the black stuff is, they won't care for me digging it up
and shipping it to my Civ eh? ;)

Is the 50% of civs requiring the tech 'feature' documented anywhere? I thought I had a bug when my CS ally had accidentally mined a source of coal and I wasn't getting it. I'm not sure of the design reason for delaying the player's ability to receive this resource.

Top Bottom