Allied CS not giving Strategic Resource

floppymoose

Warlord
In my last few games I've had the same issue pop up a few times: I'm allied with a CS, and get the tech that exposes Coal or Aluminum. The CS has some, and may even already have it mined. Even if it is already mined, I do not get access to it. If it isn't mined, and I gift them to mine it, I still do not get it.

Then, sometimes much later in the game, they suddenly start giving me the resource.

Is there some additional requirement to receive these resources that I don't know about? Does the CS itself need to have hit a certain date before certain resources are sharable by them?

In my last few games I've had the same issue pop up a few times: I'm allied with a CS, and get the tech that exposes Coal or Aluminum. The CS has some, and may even already have it mined. Even if it is already mined, I do not get access to it. If it isn't mined, and I gift them to mine it, I still do not get it.

Then, sometimes much later in the game, they suddenly start giving me the resource.

Is there some additional requirement to receive these resources that I don't know about? Does the CS itself need to have hit a certain date before certain resources are sharable by them?

they need to improve it which can take a few turns or a few dozen turns depending on what's going on. However you can now pay them 200g (standard speed) for them to improve the resource instantly.

Hmm, sounds like a odd bug.

like major civs city-states also has to research techs so you might have to wait.

A city state needs improve the resource.

Barbs can pillage resources too, making it possible to ally and still not getting a lux, not matter the current age of the game.

like major civs city-states also has to research techs so you might have to wait.
This is correct. If you are far ahead of tech, you may be able to see strategic resources that the other civs (including CS) can't see yet or access. You have to wait for the CS to get the requisite tech.

Thanks guys. To be clear, the resource definitely was mined. As an ally I can see their territory. Something like a CS tech requirement is the answer.

Yeah, it's no different than if you mined a hill tile that you didn't yet know had coal on it. Not sure what determines the tech level of city-states

Yeah, it's no different than if you mined a hill tile that you didn't yet know had coal on it. Not sure what determines the tech level of city-states

The CS tech level is based on civs tech level. Not sure if distance to civs is a factor, or it just looks at the highest tech level in the game and make the CS close to that.

Top Bottom