1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow us to base Bomber+Fighters

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Bechhold, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Bechhold

Bechhold King

In allied City States and other allied Civ's cities, CS don't do anything during war so at least allow us to park aircraft in their city.

2. Harv72b

Harv72b Prince

Jerusalem just raised H-E-double hockey sticks on occupied Germany in my last game. It's all a matter of how the AI perceives military strength in the city state's theater...if they're surrounded by well-garrisoned cities and troop formations, they'll wisely stay defensive. But if they're off on a lightly-defended corner of the major civ's territory, they will go on the offensive.

But yeah, being able to base aircraft in an allied city seems pretty common sense to me.

3. Peacemongerer

Peacemongerer Prince

The game engine seems to be violently opposed to letting units of different players stack. There'd also be the issue of what would happen if you parked an aircraft in somebody else's city and they DoWed you or stopped being allies. Would you lose it? Would it fly back home? Would the CS take the unit? I could see ppl complaining endlessly about losing 10 bombers bc Ramakheng stole their cs and then declared war on them.

4. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Simply only allow aircraft into an AI city if you are fighting a common foe.

Heck bring back alliances and make it work that way.