Allowed HoF tactics - where is the abuse line

Limiting fail gold to 1 instance of the wonder would make sense. Whether this should apply if the player builds the wonder is a curious dilemma. Is this the rough equivalent of missionary gold? So if missionary gold is allowed ...

I'm not abusing both at the moment, waiting for a forum decision of high judges.
I've started a thread, that started the whole world fail-gold!..

Personally, I have no problem with any of those tactics except, may be, the domination limit bug, because it definitely is a bug. I expect that actually fixing it will be rather complicated, but it can be prohibited - checking whether the domination limit is still the same is very straightforward. Although, it can make WastinTime's 90 AD Space even more untouchable than it is already.

Limiting fail gold to 1 instance of the wonder would make sense. Whether this should apply if the player builds the wonder is a curious dilemma. Is this the rough equivalent of missionary gold? So if missionary gold is allowed ...

I agree with Iggy on this one, and with Anysense on the domination limit.. generally I think abuses should be fixed in the software.
OTOH, if the community decides those are legitimate, I'll be ok with that too. As long as the playing field is leveled and clear for all, it's a fair race :)
Can we poll all active players? :shifty:

What is the trick to raise the dom limit? Is there a link to it somewhere?
It is very complicated vassalage manipulation. I never vassalled anyone yet ;)

I saw it on https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/86tkc1/13_years_after_the_release_of_civilization_iv/
The text is :
I personally enjoyed the stuff where he conquers AI then liberates new AI and then they vassal each other and then he vassalize the top AI... All that to raise up the domination level so that he can get more land without accidentally winning a domination game.

I'm not sure if this is an idea by Anysense or Wastintime, but this is the only thread I found that describes it :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/achieving-an-early-deity-space-victory.631560/

Thank you :)
Why couldn't I find that link? :confused:

The thread is too long... It's a good idea to take it out for a reading, but I'm soooo lazy.:smoke:
I'll probably have to sometime. It is said to be a very good Civ4 book.. eh, thread. :p
Currently, I'm learning so much from each game that I can't just start reading instead of playing and investigating game details first hand.

I did read the wonderbread economy part, and will probably start reading parts of it, but it is still very long.
If I handle my anxiety correctly, I may reach actually reading it in a few months..

Top Bottom