1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Allowed HoF tactics - where is the abuse line

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by boogaboo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Chieftain

Limiting fail gold to 1 instance of the wonder would make sense. Whether this should apply if the player builds the wonder is a curious dilemma. Is this the rough equivalent of missionary gold? So if missionary gold is allowed ...

2. boogaboo

boogaboo Josef Popper 4ever

I'm not abusing both at the moment, waiting for a forum decision of high judges.
    I've started a thread, that started the whole world fail-gold!..

3. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

Personally, I have no problem with any of those tactics except, may be, the domination limit bug, because it definitely is a bug. I expect that actually fixing it will be rather complicated, but it can be prohibited - checking whether the domination limit is still the same is very straightforward. Although, it can make WastinTime's 90 AD Space even more untouchable than it is already.

4. boogaboo

I agree with Iggy on this one, and with Anysense on the domination limit.. generally I think abuses should be fixed in the software.
    OTOH, if the community decides those are legitimate, I'll be ok with that too. As long as the playing field is leveled and clear for all, it's a fair race :)
    Can we poll all active players? :shifty:

5. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Sorry been absent from here for a while so just catching up with this - it is extremely unlikely that there will be a new version of Buffy for a number of reasons.

6. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

What is the trick to raise the dom limit? Is there a link to it somewhere?

7. boogaboo

It is very complicated vassalage manipulation. I never vassalled anyone yet ;)

I saw it on https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/86tkc1/13_years_after_the_release_of_civilization_iv/
    The text is :
    I'm not sure if this is an idea by Anysense or Wastintime, but this is the only thread I found that describes it :
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/achieving-an-early-deity-space-victory.631560/

8. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

9. boogaboo

Thank you :)
    Why couldn't I find that link? :confused:

The thread is too long... It's a good idea to take it out for a reading, but I'm soooo lazy.:smoke:
    I'll probably have to sometime. It is said to be a very good Civ4 book.. eh, thread. :p
    Currently, I'm learning so much from each game that I can't just start reading instead of playing and investigating game details first hand.

10. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

There is a table of contents with links on the first page.

11. boogaboo

I did read the wonderbread economy part, and will probably start reading parts of it, but it is still very long.
    If I handle my anxiety correctly, I may reach actually reading it in a few months..