Ally trolling

vesp3r1987

Warlord
So i recently wanted to test a game on which i have ally (AI). All was fine untill the moment my ally started trolling me. I declared war on another civ (both me and my ally denounced it) and when the 10 turns passed my ally stopped war with no benefits. I declared war again as soon as i could and same thing happened. Is there a way to avoid such trolling cause both times i needed 1 turn to take enemy capitol and my ally was stopping me.
Additional info: my ally was Russia. The era was pre-industrial and i had ony domination victory opened to help them focus on wars

What do you mean by trolling? And how was your ally stopping you from taking the enemy's capital?

I want to know what you mean by AI ally. CS can be allies -- AI not really at all. Or are you using an MP setting? Or are you complaining about the AI going to war with you, but then making peace as soon as they can? That is pretty typical behavior, but that does not explain why it stops you from taking cities.

Also, turning off VC types does not really make the AI more warmongery, it just causes them to thrash about with less purpose than usual. An AI can’t win by Domination anyway!

ok maybe i wasnt very clear... AI= AI civ not CS
Ally means i used the option to set up teams which would grant me permanent alliance with another civ and i share the research speed for technology with them
As for the trolling i think i was clear enough... wasnt I?
I start war, 10 turns later my ally stop that war. I start war again, ally civ stop it (yes my enemy have the oportunity to bargain for peace with me and any other civ in my team) That said if i refuse to stop war under certain conditions my enemy would offer "white peace" to my teamed civ causing me to be in bad tactical situation
So i was thinking if there is any way to prevent such behaviour...

Thanks for clearing that up. I have not used the team setting at all, but clearly it is designed for two or more human players. I am not surprised that teaming with an AI would lead to the bad behavior you describe. Maybe if you only team with an AI that has an even higher warmonger flavor than Russia?

So you're forcing your ally to go to war, after the minimum required number of turns that they are required to be at war they're peacing out, leaving you still at war with your enemy?

I've also never played a team setting, but what is it that is preventing your continuing a war without them?

Perhaps the answer is to put them in a situation where they want to go to war rather than it being an obligation that they will get out of asap.

Also the AI can barely co-ordinate an attack on a human city, I doubt it has the capacity to deliberately troll you :D

Wait until ideologies come up... whatever you choose, the ally will pick a different one.

AI teams are just bad in general. They don't work at all, especially with a human player. In multiplayer teams, you can trade a few items you need, attack the same person or anything else without much negotiation. AI teammates will require you the same things they did as if you weren't in a team and will do things on their own, including what you just said and the opposite of it, forcing you into a war you don't want to commit to.

As I understand the issue: any member of a team declares war, the entire team declares war. Same for peace.

In fact, players don't make war, even in SP games. Nor do players research or 'own' technologies. 'Teams' do all these things. When the team is made up of only one player, this is one of those "distinction without a real difference" situations. But as soon as you start assigning multiple players, AI or otherwise, to the same team, the difference in this distinction is rapidly felt.

What the OP has run into is the classic reason why people avoid using teams with human-AI mixtures: the human is constantly punished by the stupidity of the AI team-member and the inability of the AI to actually plan or look ahead to the consequences thirty turns down the road for anything that passes as a 'decision' an AI makes at any given point in the game.

As I understand the issue: any member of a team declares war, the entire team declares war. Same for peace.

Ah that makes more sense.

It definitely seems dangerous to include the poor AI in such a situation. In fact having a team set-up where one member can make decisions without consulting others is a pretty poor function.

Forget about allies when going for a DomV

I wouldn't say that, if you have another huge warmonger in the game, I would try to ally them, since they won't care about everyone you're killing off, until they're the last one left, or one of the two remaining AI's. At which point you should just kill them off anyways.

Top Bottom