1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Almost dumb ideas

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by citis, Aug 31, 2013.

1. citis

citis Deity

Ideas that seem dumb but aren't completely dumb:

Add greek rebirth as Greece (or Helas?) in 1821:
    UU: Amartolos: (replaces rifleman): free hillman 1 and 2
    UB: Limen: (replaces lighthouse): +2 trade routes, +50% trade routes
    UP: the power of the ancestors: rival attitude becomes friendlier as your culture grows
    UHV:
    1) Be the first to complete an olympic park by 1896AD.
    2) Control Salonica, Crete, Cyprus, Constantinopolis and Ankara by 1945AD.
    3) Earn more than 150 :gold: by trade routes in the turn 1970AD.
    (given that every coastal city should have 6 trade routes, this means 30 trade routes, intercontinental foregin trade routes with a custom house means: +5:gold:, so we have 5:gold:*30=150 :gold:)

Add the EU. EU is a permanent alliance but since our mechanics concerning permanent alliances are pour we can simulate it this way:
    EU spawn conditions: no european civilisations at war
    (the first try is at 1957, it continue to tries until the end of the game)
    spawn at Brussels
    UP: the power of the member states: can vassalise european civs at will, the state runs as a permanent alliance, vassals are forced to run universal suffrage and free market
    (to counter-balance: can not declare war)
    (AI will avoid civs that don't run free market)
    UB: european parliament (replaces palace): triggers EU elections
    UU: representative (replaces explorer, enabled by mass media): +2 stability points in the country that consumes it (AI will deliver them in the most unstable states)
    UHV:
    1) Enlarge to all western Europe by 1970AD
    2) Aquire 3 coal, 3 uranium and 3 aluminium resources by 2000AD
    3) Be the first in score by 2000AD (this is a stupid since it is a time victory in fact)

2. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

I like special rebirth states (iran,mexico,colombia), greece not bad idea; but controling cyprus and crete?
    I don't know how control mechanic works, if it's including culture covering too good idea
    but if only works while controling cities in this 1-2 tile islands, it is a dumb idea
    eu idea is a dumb idea imo, and it is just a open borders-right of passage states community
    croatia or estonia won't send soldiers to the syria just for france's and england's opportunities
    instead of eu, advanced united nations options will be better

3. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Why everybody are so keen on making re-spawning civilization to be playable? Greece can respawn between 1800 AD and 2020 AD (Const.py line 499, you can check that yourself) if civilization that control its core is unstable and have Nationalism but not Imperialism civic if I remember correctly.
    Not playable because IMO it isn't interesting and/or history-changing enough to be playable.

Oh, and EU is an organisation, not a civilization. Unless this game called Organization IV and the base mod is Rhye's and Fall of Organization, I think it shouldn't be added.... and also you should suggest adding ASEAN, Arab League, and African Union "civilization" as well if you want to add this EU "civilization" :)

Spoiler :
    However, I think the idea of EU as a mechanic is quite interesting; in the model of AP/UN, acts like the regional UN, give effects only to specific region (like EU policy of adopting Universal Suffrage will only affects European civilization) and building it + become leader necessary to win Diplomatic Victory. Example of this could be EU, AU, ASEAN, SCO, NATO, and many more..

4. citis

citis Deity

Greece is the first country that held the modern olympics in 1896 and has the greatest merchant fleet since 1970 (since there aren't merchant boats I should find an other way to represent this goal). Greece controls Salonica and Crete, cyprus is a different state, but the same civilisation and controlled the full island in 1945.
    The only unhistorical goals here are Constantinopolis and Ankara, which Greece tried to do. (Why the modern turkish capital is in Ankara and not in Instabul? :mischief:).

5. NorwegianSalmon

NorwegianSalmon Warlord

EU is not a permanent alliance. Countries are free to leave if they want to, though only Greenland have used this option.

6. Sanguivorant

Sanguivorant Submitter

multiple civs should be able to revive at the same time, and ancient civs, like Babylon and Tamils, should be able to revive.

7. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

This thread is kind of... not needed. If you think it's dumb, put it in the dumb thread. If not, put it in the idea and suggestions thread.

8. citis

citis Deity

I know, just there are some ideas that you don't know if they are dump or not :confused:. I should close this thread.