1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Almost solved] Make a building appear in district - ALMOST WORKS, but it sinks into the ground

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Deon, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Hello dear friends.

I tried to browse old threads and review online examples of mods, but I really struggle to make Modbuddy create my mod in a way I want it:
    - I made a replacement for Art Museum, Concert Hall.
    - All ingame parameters and icon work fine.

However I seem to be unable to reference it properly to display the art of the BUILDING_MUSEUM_ART, so it currently is invisible.

I have uploaded the mod to the workshop with a notice to those who dislike invisible buildings:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214326139

I would love to figure out how to do it properly.

Here's what I tried:

1) Used default Mod.Art.xml which came with "New building" basic project.
    2) Created Buildings.artdef in the default project folder.
    3) In Project settings added FrontEnd Actions and In-Game Actions with type UpdateArt and file (Mod Art Dependency File).
    4) Cut out everything from default Buildings.artdef besides the BUILDING_MUSEUM_ART entry, and renamed it to BUILDING_CONCERT_HALL.

Besides following what seems to be a correct order, .dep file is not generated and my building is still invisible.
    I was sitting up to 6 AM trying to make it work and I am ready to give up...
    It is a bit weird that it is easier for me to make my own game in Unity 5 than to figure out this :D.

But I don't want to give up, because I want to return to my Model making and create models for CIV6.

If anyone can assist me, I would be glad!

2. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Okay, I think I ALMOST did it right.
    I also needed three more things:
    1) To create Landmarks.artdef with all combinations of Amphitheater, Concert Hall and Broadcast Tower/Film Studio
    + Fill it with a LOT of tedious copypasting from existing Landmarks.artdef for THEATER district, replacing BUILDING_MUSEUM_ARTIFACT with BUILDING_CONCERNT_HALL, as well as MUSEUM_NAT in case of combinations in the district.
    + Do not forget Acropolis
    2) To add both buildings.artdef and landmarks.artdef to the project.
    3) To modify Mod.art.xml and mention artdefs there properly.

Now the building appears in game! Hurray! But it sinks into the ground (screenshot attached)...

I am almost there guys :). Can someone advise me on which parameter reflects the "height" of the model above the ground? Did I miss something again?

Attached Files:

3. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'm also having this issue when trying to update my old mod to the new patch. I'll keep hacking away at it and see if I can figure anything out.

4. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Perhaps just adjust the Z-axis coordinates of your attachment point? Not sure.