Aloha communication thread

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
We should have a dedicated communication thread to not spam up the turn threads.
Spoiler the conversation so far :
alohaGreetings Innovia As Foreign minister of team Aloha i would like to extend my personal greetings from the team said:
BCLG100@hotmail.com[/email].

Kind regards
BCLG
And our reply:
Greetings, Aloha

I am the foreign minister of the Innovians and on behalf of my team I greet you in friendship. I hope that we will be able to trade with each other in peace.
Your warrior should feel welcome to look around at our sorrounding lands and we'll offer him a night's rest after his long journey.
If you need to contact me the best way is by the team account or by PM at CFC.

Theoden
Foreign Minister of Innovia

Aloha sent this message back:
aloha said:
Hey there Innovia

Your offer of shelter in one of your great cities sounds very tempting, how about we agree to an open borders deal so our warrior may partake in this?

We are curious to know whether during your travels you have come across any other teams, or whether your days have been spent as lonesome as the lonely pineapple on the shore of Aloha beach?

Kind Regards
BCLG
So what do we say? Do we want an open borders agreement? And should we tell them that we've met Loco, or should we pretend that Aloha is our only contact?

Open borders will protect our worker from assault. I'd say OK because I can't think of a nice way to refuse.

"We know not of pineapples, but we do know loco, and a disagreeable group that call themselves barbarians.

Sirian’s Eyes is welcome to stay and rest, this world would be much too large and dangerous without friends to help each other out. While your warrior enjoys the hospitality of our lands will you please give us guidance so that we may visit and enjoy pineapples on the beach of Aloha and counsel so that we may know the defenses of the barbarian city you have just passed?”

And should we tell them that we've met Loco, or should we pretend that Aloha is our only contact?

They have met Loco too, so they can see that we've met them.

I agree, open borders is the safest way to go and will open up for further negotiations. So I propose something like this:
Your warrior is most welcome to seek shelter inside the Innovian borders. It bears the name of the Creator and a messenger of the divine should never be left outside our doorstep in the hostile wilderness.

You ask if we know of any other teams. Yes, we have met a civilised people calling themselves Loco and a rather uncivilised people that we like to call barbarians. Speaking of barbarians, your noble warrior didn't by any chance observe the barbarian city to the east closer? The Innovian people would be very grateful if he could share his knowledge about the city and its inhabitants while he is enjoying Innovian hospitality.

Theoden,
Comments?

Its decision time, the ROP is in our box. Can we defer it with a note asking if we are still on good terms?

We have gotten no response about their foreign contacts and nothing about the defenders of the barb city.

Some thing like this:

"You are interested in passage through our territory and we are eager to welcome our friends but why has our friend not responded to recent diplo about the nature of our common enemy in the barbarian city or their other foreign contacts?"

Proposed reply (I don't know why I'm being so polite, I could also just have written "you tell us the info first, then we give you open borders" in a blackmail style message. :lol:):
I must regret to inform you that our president sent your emissary with the open borders agreement away, because we hadn't yet received an ambassador with an acceptable deal.
Granted, this despotic government form that we are stuck with is bound to be ineffective in these matters. So we were wondering why we haven't received any message from our good Alohan friends about whether your noble warrior would like to stay in our lands while he tells us of his recent adventures around the barbarian city? Such a helpful reply would overcome this little government problem.

Theoden,
Comments?

I must regret to inform you that our president sent your emissary with the open borders agreement away, because we hadn't yet received an ambassador with a message that the deal was acceptable. an acceptable deal.

Granted, this despotic government form that we are stuck with is bound to be ineffective in these matters. So we were wondering why we haven't received any message from our good Alohan friends about whether your noble warrior would like to stay in our lands while he tells us of his recent adventures around the barbarian city? Such a confirming message would make certainly help us helpful reply would overcome this little government problem.

Theoden,

A few changes just to highlight the fact that this is a deal and we expect something in return.

You're right, I wasn't stressing enough the fact that it is a deal and not just an empty enquiry that they can disregard. Original message is edited.

I was just about to send the message but then we got this from Aloha:
Aloha said:
Greetings Innovia

Our Warrior has not yet been able to see inside the barbarian city, our great leader robi d has let him sit awhile upon a hill to recover his strength, then in an offer of friendship we've decided to send him in to have a look at what is there and report back to you about it shortly. We hope this will lead to further co-operation in the future.

We were interested in knowing whether your capital or any of your cities were positioned on the coast so as to encourage trading in the future?

Yours Faithfully
BCLG
Changes the situation a bit, eh? Needless to say, I didn't send our proposed message...

Just answer Yes to the last question?

BCLG says they haven't gottan a reply from us yet. Do we just want to know what is in the city? If so, then I'd say tell them we are on a coast.

Sorry, I just had a killer day yesterday with too much to do. I've written a reply now, and sent it, since it says exactly what you guys proposed:
Greetings Aloha,

We thank you for your generous offer. The Innovians will greatly appreciate the information on the barbs that you're sending your brave warrior out to retrieve.

As for coastal cities, we have several cities with access to the ocean, and we hope that we'll be able to trade with you as soon as possible, so that we may both prosper.

Theoden,

It has to be scouted by only one team, so if they see our coastal cities (and a direct line of coastal squares towards it), the trade route is made.

Reply from Aloha:
Aloha said:
Greetings Innova

Our great warrior is returning from his foray into the barbarian lands and wishes to tell the people of innovia what he has found but everytime he is refused admission into the houses of the Innoverian people, he humbly requests open borders so that he can spread the news?

We were also wondering whether you had any idea of the location of loco in comparison to yourself?

Regards
BCLG
Why haven't we accepted the offer of open borders yet? We signed such an agreement with them.
And should we tell them about Loco that we just discovered the position of? Or should we say that we're still searching? I wonder if this is a test of our honesty and that they already know from Loco that we have discovered thier location. :hmm:
I think now might be a good time to show our goodwill and get good relations when opportunities like this one show up.

Theoden said:
Why haven't we accepted the offer of open borders yet? We signed such an agreement with them.
And should we tell them about Loco that we just discovered the position of? Or should we say that we're still searching? I wonder if this is a test of our honesty and that they already know from Loco that we have discovered thier location. :hmm:
I think now might be a good time to show our goodwill and get good relations when opportunities like this one show up.

Last time the ROP came up we rejected it asking for info on the barb city as a test of their trustworthiness. Now they say they will give the info in exchange for passage, but the number of barbarian archers in that city was never the real issue.

Clearly there are some trust issues here. They are very dodgy, always asking for information from us without offering anything in exchange. Now they want us to tell them were Loco is but they haven't even told us how to find their own cities. Open borders doesn't do us any good anyway. It only benefits them and they appear to be asking favors of us before we grant it.

In the first contact they asked if we meet anyone else (they did not offer if they had other contact) and we told them of our contact with Loco.

In the next exchange they asked if we had any costal cities (they offered no information) we told them we did.

We told them we would let them in if they told us of the barbarian defenders, now they say “let us in and we’ll tell you.”

This relationship is going down hill. We need to send a frank message to them of how one-sided this conversation appears to us. They can then decide if they want to fix things or reveal their true intentions.

bclg in chat said:
ok well our information from the barb city will become obsolete so you might want to get a move on with that (accepting open borders)

Why don't we show some trust first, I don't fear Aloha.

Top Bottom