Aloha Embassy

this just in from Piffle

Sorry, I was a bit late seeing your message. I have just posted it
into our forum. Hopefully I can push a vote through and get an answer
back to you in the next 8 hours so you can reply to Aloha.

Conroe

Piffle responded with this:
Team Piffle has voted and agrees with your proposal.

So I sent this note to Aloha:
Dear Aloha,

Sorry for the delay - I've been buried in work lately.

We'll agree to let your boat pass, if you'll also agree to let our
Explorer pass out of his trap?
Basically, it'd be a one unit exception for both teams.

Would you agree to that?

All the best,
General_W
Epsilon Team!

Aloha is playing hardball...
Hello General W,

As for your nations request it would depend on the direction you planning to go with your explorer.

It would hardly be fair for your explorer to go though half our territory when our boat only needs to cross 3 sea tiles it had been through previously. If you could detail the planned direction we can take it from there.

All the best
Robi D, Aloha

What do we want to say?
"South"
"South towards Piffle"
"Directly South to Piffle"

Other ideas?

Calculate how many turns it would take the galley (2 :move:) to get out of SF's border.
Calculate how many turns it would take the explorer (4 :move:) to get out of Aloha's border.

We can put together a reasonable proposal with those numbers. Though I expect aloha will still refuse it and doom their sailors to homesicknesss.

If the hangup is map knowledge, we could offer Aloha a map trade (assuming we are willing to give up our map...)

I don't think I'm quite ready to give up our map... and I'm pretty sure Piffle wouldn't be pleased about it either.

Are you thinking we should just send a note to Aloha like this:
Dear Aloha,

We've calculated (based on what we can see) that we can be out of your territory in about 4 turns.
We don't think that's too radically different than the 2 turns you'll need to get past our territory.

If we agree to be out of your land in 4 turns, would that be sufficient to put your minds at ease?

All the best,
General_W

Although - you're probably right... Aloha seems likely to just send their Galley on a permanant "vacation."

We can also play up the fact of the stategicness of the Galley, to trasport troops. Now that war has broken out the galley is a valuable unit to get home. The explorer holds no military advantage or clout.

So i would word it along those lines.

That's a VERY good point Mr. President.

Here's Version #2:
Dear Aloha,

We've calculated (based on what we can see) that we can be out of your territory in about 4 turns.
We don't think that's too radically different than the 2 turns you'll need to get past our territory.

Besides, there's quite a difference between freeing up a strategically & militarily valuable unit like a galley, and freeing up an explorer.

If we agree to be out of your land in 4 turns, would that be sufficient to put your minds at ease?

All the best,
General_W

How's that?

EDIT:
x-post with Dave... ok - we'll I'm at work and can't look - just let me know when we have a more firm number on turns.

Dear Aloha,

We've calculated (based on what we can see) that our explorer can be out of your territory in about 4 turns.
It will take your galley 5 turns to get past all of our coastal tiles.

(I found the world map in the defense thread. :))

Great! :thumbsup:
I assume it is longer for Aloha because of Sunset Fortress to the south?

Also, what do you think about also mentioning the Strategic value, Dave?

I don't think the galley has much strategic value left. Maybe it could pillage a couple resources, but its usefulness for combat and transport has long expired.

ok... that's a fair point.
Given that the turns are more balanced, it's probably just best to leave it out.

Here's version 3:
Dear Aloha,

We've calculated (based on what we can see) that our explorer can be out of your territory in about 4 turns.
It will take your galley 5 turns to get past all of our coastal tiles.

If we agree to be out of your land in 4 (or at most 5) turns, would that be sufficient to put your minds at ease?

All the best,
General_W

Would like to send this by the end of the day.

EDIT: Sent 5/9/07 to Aloha gmail

ok! Thanks again to all.

Sent to Aloha gmail.
:salute:

Response from Aloha:
I'm assuming that you are heading eastwards then, as there isn't another option based on your numbers.
If this is the case then we can accept the arrangement

Dave?

What now?

Technically it's a fair offer. We both get about the same amount of exploration. And we can send a galleon to pick him up.

It's up to you to explain our actions to Piffle though. Do you think we'll get enough of the map to satisfy them?

ok - I'll draft a letter to Piffle explaining things tomorrow (it's late here now) - I think they'll be ok with it.

I wasn't sure Where else to post this shot

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

But one thing I would like some confirmation on, from what I can tell Aloha is Running a SE, which I have 2 comments for

1. It will make it even harder for Pfiffle as even if Aloha is caught of gaurd they are in good shape to :whipped: and recover.

2. The longer this game goes the less of an opponent aloha will be as eevn the best of SE can't keep up to a well played CE (this is us)

Top Bottom