1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aloha Embassy

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by General_W, Feb 6, 2007.

1. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

It'd be hilarious to respond with "Hey, we just found this note... " :lol:

Blame it on the world-famous Epsilon Bureaucracy.

Seriously – there's no reason to communicate with them at all. It's GOT to be pretty clear what our game is now.

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I dunno to me some communication can be good. Blame it one the bureaucracy (and say now we are in nationalism we uncovered this) who knows maybe they will say something?

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

"Greetings, Aloha!

Now that the Nationalists have taken control of the State, we have spent the last several turns examining the hundreds of pounds of documents that were left by the ousted Bureaucracy. Your note of July the 5th was among those requiring our attention.

Is there any trade you'd like to discuss with us?

etc. etc. etc...."

I don't know, what do we really have to say to them, anyway? :dunno:

4. General_W

:lol: my issue exactly!

If someone can suggest an idea for what to say beyond the intro, I'm happy to write a letter... I just can't think of anything to say.

I don't think it's a good idea to ask about trades or about how the war is going… it's more likely to come across as either "rubbing-it-in" that we're taking out 1 leg of their trading triumvirate or else as a shameless fishing expedition.

The last thing we want to do is provoke Aloha into saying, "well, we're going to lose anyway, let's launch a suicide attack on those smug Epsilon SOB's and see if we can do some damage before we lose."

5. General_W

Letter in from Aloha! :wow:

My initial reaction: Sounds like a ruse from Conroe - why sign peace when you've got a flotilla of Redcoats and Cannons just off Aloha's coast?
    Still - if Piffle actually agreed to this, and it would get the game moving, I'd be ok with agreeing to 15 turns of peace (provided Aloha doesn't attack us, of course)

Other thoughts?

EDIT: in a way - this is a nice bit of insurance that Aloha/Piffle aren't planning a joint attack & backstab on us in the near future.

6. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I totally don't understand this comment. I hear alarms going off about Piffle and Aloha teaming up to prevent us from running away with the game.

On the other hand, 15 turns is just enough to get factories up. Which means we will get a bigger advantage by not attacking them.

7. General_W

Yeah, you know you're right. After I posted that I started thinking about it some more - and this could indeed be an early warning sign of a major shift in strategy.

Looks extra bad when you consider Piffle's continual ignoring of our letters. It’s still possible this is just lack-of-participation/incompetence – but the fact that they found time to write to Aloha is disturbing.

There's really not a lot we can do (that I can see) to stop them from joining forces… besides what we've alredy done and offered. Unfortunatly, I think it’s pretty clearly in their best interest to backstab us at this point.

If there’s nothing we can do to stop them, maybe the best plan is to just go along, play dumb, and make ready our Western defenses?
    No matter what, we’ll be in rough shape if Piffle/Aloha/Innovia all pile on to us. :scared:

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Very strange.

Maybe we should call their bluff and post in the UN? Something along the lines of

"hey, how does everyone feel about patching up at this point? Aloha and Piffle have told us they're temporarily halting their war as compensation..."

Clearly, if this was a serious meta-game decision, Piffle or Aloha would be posting in the UN. The fact that they aren't? :shifty:

Maybe we say "Epsilon is against discussing these matters except in the UN"

9. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

The first thing I would do is pass this message on to Piffle. If we promise Aloha anything, Piffle will think we are backing out on our offer to help them.

10. General_W

I don't know Peter – if this really is a trick, it seems like it'd be more likely Piffle and Aloha would have worked out their back-door strategy and then posted in the UN without tipping us off, make it seem more legitimate. I'm not sure what they gain by trying to get us to agree ahead of time?

At any rate – Dave's suggestion sounds good. Since Piffle still hasn't answered us, forwarding this will help establish us as acting in a transparent way with Piffle, and (even more importantly) if we can force Piffle to answer our last letter, it will give us some good insight into what's going on in their heads.
    Though, at this point, I'd be opposed to giving them any more units or more unilateral tech transfers. Sending resources would be ok, since they'll lose those if they attack us.

See my proposed note to Piffle in their embassy.

11. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Yeah, the key is we still need Steam Power from Piffle (hopefully that shows up and we can send over something useless like constitution.

but onto Aloha. They are hurt prety hard, however as everyone mentioned taking on 3 teams right now wouldn't be a good idea.

12. General_W

Proposed note to send to Aloha
    (and then to BCC to Piffle)

EDIT: Sent
    How’s that?

13. Memphus

Memphus Deity

go go go (starcraft ;) )

14. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I wonder if this is going to turn into a 15 turn ceasefire all around.

15. General_W

Sending :)

Man - I love StarCraft. Such a great game :thumbsup:

16. Memphus

Memphus Deity

That I would not agree too :eek:

In 15 Turns Loco will be out of the game.

Pensylvania might fall next turn, leaving them very weak.

17. General_W

PM back from RobiD.
    (It's a little old. I missed it for a while, sorry)

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

It gets worse:

Aloha and Piffle are trading luxuries :eek:

Wines for Furs - and this was bundled in with the OpenBorders and Peace Treaty dealie.

Also, Aloha now has Physics. :shake:

19. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Innovia and Epsilon are trading luxuries too. It really helped with war weariness... :D

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm just worried that Piffle doesn't really plan on renewing hostilities with Aloha.

If I'm right, what are they going to do with that floating army? :backstab:

I hate fighting against redcoats :run: