1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alone on an island with Arabia

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by pba, May 30, 2012.

1. pba

pba Chieftain

So, being Caesar on Emperor Difficulty I find myself alone with Harun on an island. What gives?
    Should I

1. wait for them to build wonders before conquering them
    2. become and stay friends throughout the game
    3. found a city on a lonely island, give it to them and then conquer their cities on my island
    4. other?

My capital has marble, 2x sugar, and i am at the very beginning (round 20).

Oh and, for some reason they are afraid of me (1 city, 3x scouts and a warrior in my army).

2. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

If you rush them and conquer them completely before they meet any other civs you won't receive the warmonger penalty, so that's another option. Afraid means they don't have a very large army, so it sounds doable, especially if you beeline to Legions.

3. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

As Caeser, I would definitely be beelining for Legions and taking them out before they spread their cities across the island. Obviously this could be an issue if you don't have iron, but, it's certainly a good move, especially since, as Seek said, afraid = small army.

4. pba

pba Chieftain

Ok, so don't read the spoiler if you want to play this game. It was so much fun that i had to upload it ... Other then presumed in the spoiler it was quite competitive in the endgame and by far the best game i've played so far. But no more - the thread title is spoiler enough. If someone plays & likes it post back. The mods i used are civwillard and civup+vem.
    Have fun

Spoiler :
    Well, I opted differently :) and it worked out- at least until now(end of rennaisance). I felt like taking the upper part of the tech tree and go for wonders. I thought it might be possible to win a tall game given the marble and the fact that Arabia is peaceful. Until now i'm first in wonders (10) while babylonia and arabia generate most science. This is splendid, and i hope that arabia gets to be nr. 1 so i have the option to take them out if necessary in the following science endgame. Right now Harun is afraid again, while he was friendly for most of the game.

Sorry, i read your posts only after having made up my decision. But anyway i'm not disappointed as building an army first and then looking for other foes after defeating arabia did not feel the right thing to do.

Later i found out that my foes after Arabia would have been japan and france. So - luckily - i did not have confront them as japan is hard to take and both give little gain in terms of developed cities.

Funny though that arabia is afraid of me although i just researched trebuchet and they have cannons.

Oh .. and sorry for the long post - I just wanted to give a short update :)

Attached Files:

5. pba

pba Chieftain

And one more thing: here is the last round for comparison if someone plays the game to the end.

Attached Files: