Alpha Centauri is $3 at GOG.com until January 2nd 2012

White Elk

99 > 1
Good Old Games is having a massive holiday sale. Nearly all of the 300 plus games are 50% off. Which means Alpha Centauri is just $3. This sale is good until January 2nd 2012.

GOG is a digital distributor of PC games. Every game they sell is DRM free.

Oh, and until December 14th, 10:59 GMT, Empire Earth Gold is free for everyone who wants it.

Cheers, might finally check this out :)

Cool find. I have the discs, but I may just pay the $3 out of convenience. In a way I still want to support the game, although I'm not actually supporting it by buying it, I'm supporting GOG. Someone in OT posted a Morgan quote, and I've been in the mood to play this game ever since.

Does it include the expansion? I admit I don't care for the expansion. The new factions just don't have the same feel as the original 7.

Cool find. I have the discs, but I may just pay the $3 out of convenience. In a way I still want to support the game, although I'm not actually supporting it by buying it, I'm supporting GOG. Someone in OT posted a Morgan quote, and I've been in the mood to play this game ever since.

Does it include the expansion? I admit I don't care for the expansion. The new factions just don't have the same feel as the original 7.

The GOG release includes only the original game (SMAC), not the expansion (SMAX).

Yeah I picked it up. Best $3 I ever spent.

edit: I should say the only bad thing is it says my CPU isn't supported (this has always been a problem with this game, however), but the game still works. And when I minimize the game to type this post, the color and resolution is all screwed up. So doing things in the background with the game minimized isn't the greatest.

Top Bottom