[Already Fixed] World/national wonder icon incosistency

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Other incosistency bug was pretty minor - purely graphical.

There is minor graphical incosistency, when it comes to world wonder icons.
Following world wonders building icons doesn't have golden star in top left corner:
Accademia Areonautica, all Ancient Ways world wonders, Big Cat Trainer, Chilehaus, Cleopatra's Needle, Evelpidon Military Acadamy, Harappan Fake Gems, Harvard/Heilderburg/Jagiellonian/Montpellier/Oxford/Sorbonne University, Imperial Naval Army, Ming Vase Workshop, Republic Naval Army, Royal Air Force Academy, Terra Sigiliata Workshop, The Brazen Bull, The Dali Theatre and Museum, all "University of X" except for Sankore, West Point.

Some normal building icons have golden star:
Hertitage - Bears/Bison/Mammoth/Zebra - not all animal hertitage icons are "starless", Civilized Jewelers Store - other corporate building icons doesn't have golden star and Virotherapy Clinic.

So what about some building buttons not having golden star icon?
It seems like someone did 99% of job and forgot to finish it.

No, what happened was someone did the job thoroughly and nobody has had the star graphic to attach it on since. I'll have to rip the star graphic off of the ones its on, and that's not the most time efficient thing to have to do. Then make it an object I can just bring in over the top of the other images. Thing is, my system setup isn't good with picture graphics but works fine for icons (like promos) and if I do it, which i CAN, then I'll end up with a fuzzier button in the end. My wife could do it once I've isolated the star graphic but she couldn't be bothered with the way she's been disrespected on the forum with every submission she makes.

So basically, without Sparth coming back in to review and correct all the ones that need it, and there are National Wonders with Silver Stars and Group Wonders, although technically a sub-category of World Wonders should also get a different color star like purple or something, then it's probably going to be an issue that sits there for a little while before it gets fully updated.

As TB said, it was done 100%, but new buildings got added later by other modders who didn't add that overlay to the buttons.

Last edited:
Well what about normal buildings, that have golden stars? Were they world wonders before?

As TB said, it was done 100%, but new buildings got added later by other modders who didn't add that overlay to the buttons.
Do you know if we can get those overlays somewhere on the forum here?

Could help. It's the sort of thing my wife might be able to use to at least correct hers with at some point (no promises on when of course... can't speak for her motivation.)

If you could get me an overlay of all the colour stars, Gold, Silver, and Purple, I will fix up the buttons with the missing stars.
Is there any buttons that already have a purple star that I can get it from, or should I pick the color hue myself?

Edit: I went ahead and picked a color, here is the template as ordered: ↓

Attachments

• Template.7z
    12.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Is there any buttons that already have a purple star that I can get it from, or should I pick the color hue myself?

Edit: I went ahead and picked a color, here is the template as ordered: ↓

Thanks, the purple colour is great. I will get in and fix all my buttons with the purple star. They will be easy cause I have all the artwork. Then I will work on the needed silver and gold stars.

Good job on addressing this @Thunderbrd and @Whisperr :D
But there are three issues related to star marker.
Two normal buildings: Virotherapy Clinic (Information era) and Civilized Jewelers Store (Industrial Era) still have golden star.
Spoiler :

One world wonder doesn't have golden star: The Dali Theater and Museum (Modern Era).
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Top Bottom